Wynnone

Terrorism propaganda in APB

Hi APB players and admins,

I'd like to attract your attention to the problem of terrorism and fascism propaganda in APB. A few weeks ago I played against a char called Name and Shame removed ~@mayii who's got a swastika symbol on his/her avatar. I reported that person for an offensive symbol but a few days ago I played against him/her again and the symbol was still there. Seems like the administrators did not pay attention.

Yesterday I played against a char called Name and Shame removed ~@mayii who's got the ISIL/ISIS flag on his/her avatar. As you can see from the screenshot, he/she is a member of the clan called Name and Shame removed ~@mayii. The name suggests that all the members of this clan are likely terrorism supporters. I urge everyone to stay alerted and do not let those guys spread their words and symbols in APB. And I also urge administrators to take action.

Name and Shame image removed ~@mayii

Cheers,
Wynn

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

If you see instances of things like this, please report them to support by opening a ticket at support.gamersfirst.com with times, locations and names of all parties involved. Screenshots help us as well. Currently the wait time on support tickets is about 7 days so not all of these things get taken care of right away but we do take care of them in the end. You can contact me directly through Discord by joining the APB community discord and then messaging me directly. My discord name is Selali#9469 if you would like to discuss things further.

Thank you,
Selali

Moderator note: accusing others of possibly breaking breaking the Terms of Service or posting evidence of that is not permitted on the forums. This information is much better handled via the support team.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, videogamer said:

i dont get it, why is it banned? someone explain it to me asap pls

The swastika is illegal in Deutschland (idk why tho), so they need to not be displayed in APB to comply with German law

The ISIS flag is perfectly legal tho, OP is just too sensible

• Like 2

1 minute ago, videogamer said:

A rapid course for how to negotiate with Terrorist

Spoiler: in sysntesis yes no negotation, NO MERCY!

12 minutes ago, videogamer said:

You see, in life, there are things called rules

sometimes we get a say in those rules, and other times we don't

in this case when we all started playing the game, we agreed to abide by the rules as dictated to us

so basically realize what you've agreed to, and if you don't like it, feel free to uninstall

• Like 10

ISIS/ISIL is a terrorist organization recognized as such by UN and the majority of countries. By exposing its symbols you popularize it, which is against EULA afaik.

Thanks to the moderator and admin, I'll issue a support ticket. Of course it'd be much more easy if you just handled the in-game reports but I understand you are probably overwhelmed by false cheat reports.

• Thanks 7

1 hour ago, -Dan- said:

The swastika is illegal in Deutschland (idk why tho), so they need to not be displayed in APB to comply with German law

The ISIS flag is perfectly legal tho, OP is just too sensible

"Nazi symbols can now appear in video games in Germany, ending a long-running and frequently ridiculed censorship" That was in August 2018 i know it's their game and by playing u obey their rules but still there are rules which are stupid and require extra work which could be put else where

• Like 5

what kind of soccermom paranoia are you on lmao

this is some "video games corrupt the youth" type of shit, they are probably just some edgy mutants trying to be funny, when it's just cringe and offensive.

• Like 5

It is an established fact that the swastika was used as a symbol of the nazi party, but you have to know aswell that the symbol itself was not created by them.

The swastika or sauwastika (as a character, 卐 or 卍, respectively) is a geometrical figure and an ancient religious icon in the cultures of Eurasia. It is used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

If you go to Japan or any Asian country that has Buddhist or Hindu population, you'll see this symbol everywhere. 

And it's not viewed as inherently offensive as it is in the west and the rest of the world because it's originally a Religious symbol that was copied and misued by evil people.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, claude said:

this is some "video games corrupt the youth" type of shit, they are probably just some edgy mutants trying to be funny, when it's just cringe and offensive.

idk why the dislike - this is probably exactly the case and imo the whole issue with banning and vilifying symbols and ideologies and whatever - you'll always get 2edgy4me kids who want to trigger people or think they're being leleleltrolls by using these "bad symbols". 

If people didn't overreact when they see a wonky cross or some squiggles, kids wouldn't use them just to see those overreactions. 

That said a wonky cross is far more appealing attempt to troll players than what they could actually do to really hurt us in APB, so as long as it's against the rules, report away and trust the admins will take care of it in due process.

7 hours ago, claude said:

what kind of soccermom paranoia are you on lmao

isis is known to use games for communication. not quite paranoia in that case.

I agree it'd be difficult to imagine a game about WW2 not featuring nazi symbols. In this case it would be part of the game plot and I think it's ok for NPCs to wear swastika, have it in interiors and so on. But it's a different story when such symbols are worn by players, exposed on their cars, avatars, etc. in an open-world game totally unrelated to that stuff. While it could be just trolling, it still leads to popularization of the unwanted ideas. And even more so for the more recent stuff like ISIL/ISIS.

Yea, it's indeed a pity that the swastika symbol was so much discredited in the western world.

I submitted a support ticket and will let u know of the result.

16 hours ago, videogamer said:

"Nazi symbols can now appear in video games in Germany, ending a long-running and frequently ridiculed censorship" That was in August 2018 i know it's their game and by playing u obey their rules but still there are rules which are stupid and require extra work which could be put else where

Putting a phrase into quotes doesnt yet make it a quotation 🙂 Would be nice if you gave a reference cuz it's a really interesting info.

I'd love to see that kind of devotion to reporting communists.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

My personal opinion? in a video game, that's like cosplay, it doesn't anything, neither does it mean you support whatever it is, I think it's pure free speech.

I don't know the law's take on this though, at least for Swastika I think it's not allowed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

isis is known to use games for communication. not quite paranoia in that case.

if you are vulnerable enough to let someone e-recruit you to a terrorism group, that's pretty cringe ngl.

49 minutes ago, claude said:

if you are vulnerable enough to let someone e-recruit you to a terrorism group, that's pretty cringe ngl.

its something thats been happening. they have their own twitter , forums and other such things.

IF you need a known terrorist organization or third reich symbols to make you look like "badass", you are bad and need to get a good whoopin' targeted at your patootie.

• Like 2

So can I dress up as a terrorist as long as I don't use the ISIS flag.

23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You see, in life, there are things called rules

sometimes we get a say in those rules, and other times we don't

in this case when we all started playing the game, we agreed to abide by the rules as dictated to us

so basically realize what you've agreed to, and if you don't like it, feel free to uninstall

If Little Orbit aren't enforcing those rules though,,, we get complaint threads like these.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gro said:

I'd love to see that kind of devotion to reporting communists.

Seriously this, German soldiers were respectful gentlemen, they paid for the food from locals and kept themselves clean, Russians were subhumans

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

If Little Orbit aren't enforcing those rules though,,, we get complaint threads like these.

There's definitely some truth to that.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:16 PM, Wynnone said:

The name suggests that all the members of this clan are likely terrorism supporters.

Honestly this game is roleplay... of good guys and bad guys.  I think it is veering to the extreme to accuse any players of being actual terrorism supporters, a charge which could lead to false arrests in real life... so please... while it exhibits poor judgment and LO should remove offensive symbols... let's not make false criminal accusations of our playerbase... who may very well be military personnel and subject to serious trouble based on false allegations.