Sign in to follow this  
Boba

Do you think Legendaries' usefulness should be unified?

So, as we all know out of all the legendaries out there, there are only a few that actually show some kind of stopping power/useful scenario cases, and we can see that direct inflicting their prices.

And given the fact that all legendaries actually cost the same to buy their boxes, and all have the same drop rate, do you believe that lower end legendaries should have their specs adjusted to show some sort of resemblence to actually being a legendary weapon. Just before I get some replies I know I'll get if i don't point this out, I am not asking for legendary weapons to be more powerful than normal weapons, however, what I'm asking for is to make those low end (in terms of demand/price/usefulness) weapons to have an actual unique point of advantage.

To add, some legendaries have had advantages that are no longer in the game (such as removing tracers) that are considered as an advantage and countered with a disadvantage, which leaves those weapons with practically more disadvantages than advantages.

TLDR; Do you think legendaries should be balanced, but Useful & Unique in their own situations, not just different looking/sounding weapons?

Sorry for the long post, if you read all what I've written, here's a heart ❤️

legendaries should not be called legendaries, its rather misleading in my opinion and only serves to confuse players who don't have 10k hours in apb

i do think legendaries overall need a rebalance pass (just like half the guns in apb tbh) because i feel legendaries should be guns with unique gameplay mechanics and several of them are lacking:

1. we have legendaries with special mechanics but that barely effect gameplay like the sitting duck/reaper, firework launcher, and ursus
  2. we have legendaries that have no special mechanics at all and are essentially just normal guns like the hazardous, the nano, and the ffa
  3. we have some combos of 1 & 2 like the anubis or the ocsp line
  4. and we have the volcano, which is a little too legendary and has a silly mechanic even for apb

i don't think that the community's perceived monetary value is a reasonable basis for balancing weapons

• Like 5

Wanted to contribute, spent way too much time on the comment, decided to just make a post instead: 

3 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Wanted to contribute, spent way too much time on the comment, decided to just make a post instead: 

Its a bad post and he should feel bad.

Don't bother.

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Don't bother.

Imagine being dumb and useless enough to not even contribute. Grow a brain and actually discuss it then.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Solamente said:

i don't think that the community's perceived monetary value is a reasonable basis for balancing weapons

agreed it would get way too messy otherwise.

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

5 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

you two skipped the honeymoon , the marriage , the kids , and went straight to an old couple bickering lol

Even better than using the MH as a guide for how "legendary" a """legendary""" really is would be looking at post-release sales for each JMB, well, actually I can see how that too would be biased, but maybe running both stats side-by-side to get a definite list of shitty legendaries that need a boost would be nice. 

But I prefer the theme behind the JMB guns to just be slightly whacky unique little guns with a cute little quirk that makes them different but not OP in anyway so unfortunately if we're to balance them with that in mind it'll mean more nerfs than buffs to bring the popular legendaries down to Hazardous/EOL level of legendary status. 

If you can't tell by now I have nfi how to balance weapons but maybe it would be cool if (caveat applied) legendaries had a little bit more of a gambling theme and had some sort of weekly spin, where a random legendary is picked out of the bunch and for that week it gets a little buff or something extra? (earns JTs for every kill? shoots flares? heals the user? idk?) And then the next week the change is reverted and another random legendary gets a random buff/tweak? I mean it doesn't solve the issue of some legendaries being "good" and some "bad" but might increase their usage and a simple tweak could just lower the %chance the "good" ones get picked every week.

idk maybe I just spend too much time idling next to the Joker Ammo Vending Machines because to me it seems like nothing out of the Joker Corp. should ever be balanced or fair.

1 hour ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

change it from 'legendary' to 'unique' or even 'exotic' how destiny does 

"Prototype"

I know prototype is just the first design that hasn't been put into mass production, but it may change how people think of "Legendaries"

• Like 1

rename legendary to SSR or super rRare and add 2 more tiers of weapon rarity below them and call them elite and rare... wait this is already a thing

make it an ingame thing that requires 2 kinds of materials each roll and give the weapon a timer that requires another kind of material to skip

but make the rarity define how game breaking the mod is

SSR ursus gets to shoot 2 boolet at once while an elite volcano just keeps the ramp up and a rare volcano is just essentially a shittier osmaw

this post is secretly meant for unit game

Edited by Haganu

22 hours ago, Solamente said:

legendaries should not be called legendaries, its rather misleading in my opinion and only serves to confuse players who don't have 10k hours in apb

i do think legendaries overall need a rebalance pass (just like half the guns in apb tbh) because i feel legendaries should be guns with unique gameplay mechanics and several of them are lacking:

1. we have legendaries with special mechanics but that barely effect gameplay like the sitting duck/reaper, firework launcher, and ursus
  2. we have legendaries that have no special mechanics at all and are essentially just normal guns like the hazardous, the nano, and the ffa
  3. we have some combos of 1 & 2 like the anubis or the ocsp line
  4. and we have the volcano, which is a little too legendary and has a silly mechanic even for apb

I completely agree with you. Although I highly disagree on the Ursus and Nano. The ursus gives the milliseconds edge you need over other rifle in medium combat, it makes a big difference. And the Nano is just the best fool proof gun out there, it's NEARLY a primary weapon to be honest.

However, yes "legendaries" should have much more unique and balanced mechanics as you said.

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Don't bother.

Mind explaining why so instead of just spreading toxicity? I don't understand, I always try to be decent with you, yet you're always just spreading negativity in the replies..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boba said:

I completely agree with you. Although I highly disagree on the Ursus and Nano. The ursus gives the milliseconds edge you need over other rifle in medium combat, it makes a big difference. And the Nano is just the best fool proof gun out there, it's NEARLY a primary weapon to be honest.

However, yes "legendaries" should have much more unique and balanced mechanics as you said.

as nice as the ursus crosshair is i doubt it's really giving you anything at all in combat and the nano has no special unique mechanic at all, which was the whole point of my post - probably half the current joker box weapons are only "unique" because g1 walled them off behind a joker box, not because they actually have a unique mechanic 

it would probably require some effort but my solution would be to straight up get rid of those joker boxes and push the weapons into the game as f2p lease unlocks, and probably add account bound purchases to armas as well

current owners of the weapons would receive a free account bound version in their mailbox

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Solamente said:

as nice as the ursus crosshair is i doubt it's really giving you anything at all in combat and the nano has no special unique mechanic at all, which was the whole point of my post - probably half the current joker box weapons are only "unique" because g1 walled them off behind a joker box, not because they actually have a unique mechanic 

it would probably require some effort but my solution would be to straight up get rid of those joker boxes and push the weapons into the game as f2p lease unlocks, and probably add account bound purchases to armas as well

current owners of the weapons would receive a free account bound version in their mailbox

You know what you're right, after rethinking again, yes the Nano is not special, it just happens to be a good secondary for people with horrible ping so you can just spam spray it. But the Ursus, I feel like it's dead accurate on its first shot, and the increased damage makes a difference against players with fragile or when you wanna finish someone off with your secondary after dealing some damage. That's why the Ursus is in such high demand, because if it was for looks/sounds it wouldn't have been worth 100k in the MP..

And I can see the solution you're proposing to be the ideal case, but there would be 3 problems with that.

Previous buyers of weapons would give LO sh*t for that.

The MP would be nearly rendered useless, as weapon trade is the most used feature of the MP.

Current owners of the weapons already transferred the weapons they needed for the character they're maining for the time being, so an account-bound version wouldn't be much of a compensations for them.

I think it needs more thinking to find the least destructive solution because there will always be an angry mob after each change, including better cheat detection or an engine upgrade (lol as if it will every come before this game is dead)...

Edited by Boba

1 minute ago, Boba said:

You know what you're right, after rethinking again, yes the Nano is not special, it just happens to be a good secondary for people with horrible ping so you can just spam spray it. But the Ursus, I feel like it's dead accurate on its first shot, and the increased damage makes a difference against players with fragile or when you wanna finish someone off with your secondary after dealing some damage. That's why the Ursus is in such high demand, because if it was for looks/sounds it wouldn't have been worth 100k in the MP..

And I can see the solution you're proposing to be the ideal case, but there would be 3 problems with that.

Previous buyers of weapons would give LO sh*t for that.

The MP would be nearly rendered useless, as weapon trade is the most used feature of the MP.

Current owners of the weapons already transferred the weapons they needed for the character they're maining for the time being, so an account-bound version wouldn't be much of a compensations for them.

I think it needs more thinking to find the least destructive solution because there will always be an angry mob after each change, including better cheat detection or an engine upgrade (lol as if it will every come before this game is dead)...

the ursus is just a gun and its only "unique" because you can't get an ursus without buying joker boxes, this is the exact type of "unique" that doesn't qualify it to be a legendary imo

previous buyers can suck dirt frankly, and i say that as someone who's bought all the legendaries through joker boxes - they're still getting an account bound weapon, and depending on how many joker boxes they bought it could have only cost them 99g1c

whenever i log in there's 50 pages of symbols and like 10 pages of legendaries so i don't think it would render the mp useless, and if little orbit ever gets rid of joker boxes like they originally stated they would then it won't matter anyway

On 4/5/2020 at 5:32 AM, NotTheEnforcer said:

Imagine being dumb and useless enough to not even contribute. Grow a brain and actually discuss it then.

You're not my mom!

qW4H5pk.gif

Realtalk, I'll give an actual response during my next poop.

Merged.

On 4/5/2020 at 2:27 PM, Boba said:

Mind explaining why so instead of just spreading toxicity? I don't understand, I always try to be decent with you, yet you're always just spreading negativity in the replies..

My apologies.

When you read my comments, it's best to ALWAYS assume Im just having fun... NEVER take me that seriously.

We were discussing this post in discord about how the guy I quoted didn't need to make a new thread, he could have used existing threads, and I was just meme-ing.

Looks like I may have a couple hours of downtime starting in about 15 minutes, I'll write up an actual reply then.

But again, if I ever seem like Im being mean, make a joke and you will see me hop right in to the fun.

On 4/4/2020 at 10:56 AM, Boba said:

So, as we all know out of all the legendaries out there, there are only a few that actually show some kind of stopping power/useful scenario cases, and we can see that direct inflicting their prices.

And given the fact that all legendaries actually cost the same to buy their boxes, and all have the same drop rate, do you believe that lower end legendaries should have their specs adjusted to show some sort of resemblence to actually being a legendary weapon. Just before I get some replies I know I'll get if i don't point this out, I am not asking for legendary weapons to be more powerful than normal weapons, however, what I'm asking for is to make those low end (in terms of demand/price/usefulness) weapons to have an actual unique point of advantage.

To add, some legendaries have had advantages that are no longer in the game (such as removing tracers) that are considered as an advantage and countered with a disadvantage, which leaves those weapons with practically more disadvantages than advantages.

TLDR; Do you think legendaries should be balanced, but Useful & Unique in their own situations, not just different looking/sounding weapons?

Sorry for the long post, if you read all what I've written, here's a heart ❤️

It would be fair yes. But there are reasons why not to do it... business one, knowing what is best or not will affect it.

Sign in to follow this