Call me sensitive but...

d763212529d340467c43abaf69feb8f4.png

12 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

The most sexist insult there is.

An insult referring ONLY and specifically to women,

yeah well you're a d!ck.

Edited by Helix Reloaded
  • Like 4

Woah, look at the CEO hard-farming points with his buddies...

23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Forum rules are different than in-game rules.

Not defending either rule set, just saying they are different.

So much for simple.

I miss the old times where the only thing people would cry about would be the "end of this game".

Those at least guaranteed a good laugh or even good memes...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Poperon said:

I miss the old times where the only thing people would cry about would be the "end of this game".

Those at least guaranteed a good laugh or even good memes...

I would say that this whole thread is a pretty good meme.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:38 AM, Tigrix said:

Isn't using a word as w-h-o-r-e in a reward title in your game, sort of the same as blue-printing it as an okay word to throw around? I mean most kids are very susceptible to reading the language and usage of it, in their surroundings and if the game company itself is okay'ing such language,

ok boomer

APB has worse things than the word  w ho re in a title.

Also sIut shaming and wh ore shaming needs to become a thing again.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

On 4/4/2020 at 6:38 AM, Tigrix said:

Isn't using a word as w-h-o-r-e in a reward title in your game, sort of the same as blue-printing it as an okay word to throw around? I mean most kids are very susceptible to reading the language and usage of it, in their surroundings and if the game company itself is okay'ing such language, then why would any players feel it's wrong tossing that term around in chat when arguing with other players? o.O 

Trust me, I hate the whole WOKE movement and I think it's gone completely berserk, like a pendulum swinging completely opposite spectrum of balance...... but in this case I feel like it's absolutely the wrong signal to send to your playerbase.

Comic fact: I can't type that word on these forums because it's censored...  the irony.
@MattScott

[edit added for clarity] >>

Reveal hidden contents

Firstly, since LO took over APB, they've inherited the game "as-is", by all definitions and standards, that's the outcome of taking over an active project.
All the mature stuff that is in APB,  is taken as-is and personally as I already made clear with my reply to Kyoki, there's IMHO nothing wrong in tough language, aka "fuck" or "suck" or w/e examples.
That's APB, that's the mature rating. I don't see anything derogatory insulting in the word "fuck".

Anyway, LO inherited APB as-is and right away made a very clear point of wanting to ASAP update the eula to their "own standards" (if you dig among the first posts of LO, this was the primary first topics).
All good so far yes? Aka, they've shown responsibility imo so far. They take a pride in the work they do and they understand that they're the ones in charge and being looked up to in a certain way for "whats okay and whats not okay". They made a big point of wanting to re-establish in-game moderation (active GM's partaking in chat and actually warning/moderating for TOS violations).

All good so far yes?
Ok, so LO imo so far has made good strides to try and turn this community around to a more positive and shall we say... functional one. 
I'm not saying they've done any miracles or anything, ofc not ... but they've definitely improved the community IMO, since they took over. (Yes LO, this is a compliment, i'm not just bashing you guys).

In fact, my post about this specific derogatory word being randomly tossed into the game as a reward title, should show how much I've come to respect LO for their stances and their attempts at bettering the community via rules and moderation/GM's etc etc. It's IMO disappointing that they in this way joke with their own TOS, because it sends the wrong signal to people who look for excuses and greenlights to insult others with this type of derogatory language.

I think Matt understand that and I really doubt he had a hand in this or was aware of it going out. I guess we will wait and see.

I remember back in the day when Tiggs had GMs in district banning people for profanity.  There was an old video (hilarious BTW) which had recorded all the provoking profanities which the pedestrians call us in-game... which included stuff people were getting bans for.  I think there's a fine line in an 18+ game were profanity becomes deliberately and persistently toxic and abusive... and other times it's just rude commentary.  As always bans for abusiveness are warranted but you can get so extreme you ban the entire playerbase... I believe FFbans (which included subsumed G1 moderation was something like 14,000+ that's just game-killing and dumb.)

In a simulated kill game I think players need to have a certain level of thicker skin... while moderation in-game with temp kicks for persistent or targeted abusiveness would do wonders for improving behavior.

You're giving this word the power you desperately want taken away by actively trying to censor it. It is by rendering it common and vulgar that it loses it's power, singling it out makes it a bigger deal.

Offensive words are like trolls. The only way they'll go away is to rise above and ignore them, otherwise they just grow stronger.

• Like 4

I haven't cringed this hard in awhile, Thanks!

• Like 1

Isn't using a word as w-h-o-r-e in a reward title in your game, sort of the same as blue-printing it as an okay word to throw around? I mean most kids are very susceptible to reading the language and usage of it, in their surroundings and if the game company itself is okay'ing such language, then why would any players feel it's wrong tossing that term around in chat when arguing with other players? o.O 

Trust me, I hate the whole WOKE movement and I think it's gone completely berserk, like a pendulum swinging completely opposite spectrum of balance...... but in this case I feel like it's absolutely the wrong signal to send to your playerbase.

Comic fact: I can't type that word on these forums because it's censored...  the irony.
@MattScott

Reveal hidden contents

Firstly, since LO took over APB, they've inherited the game "as-is", by all definitions and standards, that's the outcome of taking over an active project.
All the mature stuff that is in APB,  is taken as-is and personally as I already made clear with my reply to Kyoki, there's IMHO nothing wrong in tough language, aka "fuck" or "suck" or w/e examples.
That's APB, that's the mature rating. I don't see anything derogatory insulting in the word "fuck".

Anyway, LO inherited APB as-is and right away made a very clear point of wanting to ASAP update the eula to their "own standards" (if you dig among the first posts of LO, this was the primary first topics).
All good so far yes? Aka, they've shown responsibility imo so far. They take a pride in the work they do and they understand that they're the ones in charge and being looked up to in a certain way for "whats okay and whats not okay". They made a big point of wanting to re-establish in-game moderation (active GM's partaking in chat and actually warning/moderating for TOS violations).

All good so far yes?
Ok, so LO imo so far has made good strides to try and turn this community around to a more positive and shall we say... functional one. 
I'm not saying they've done any miracles or anything, ofc not ... but they've definitely improved the community IMO, since they took over. (Yes LO, this is a compliment, i'm not just bashing you guys).

In fact, my post about this specific derogatory word being randomly tossed into the game as a reward title, should show how much I've come to respect LO for their stances and their attempts at bettering the community via rules and moderation/GM's etc etc. It's IMO disappointing that they in this way joke with their own TOS, because it sends the wrong signal to people who look for excuses and greenlights to insult others with this type of derogatory language.

I think Matt understand that and I really doubt he had a hand in this or was aware of it going out. I guess we will wait and see.

Edited by Deftonez
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

im gonna be honest, when i learned i could have a pink floating WHXRE title on my toon, i got excited

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a wh-0r3 and im offended by this thread.

Edited by ChristmasElf
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, dr0zone said:

im gonna be honest, when i learned i could have a pink floating WHXRE title on my toon, i got excited

I had the same thought when I read you could get it. Honestly the only real reason aside from easy joker tickets that I tried the easter event.

• Like 1

Damn, I missed all this drama

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 6:38 PM, Tigrix said:

Call me sensitive but...

You are.

ypVyW7p.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@MattScott

Reveal hidden contents

All good so far yes?

One of Gumball's pre-mission jokes implies that he would let you fuck his sister (if he had one) and his dog if you won the mission.  This game isn't for kids. 

Censoring games based on "Think of the children!" is just an excuse for lazy parents to not be involved with their kids and what they play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/4/2020 at 3:30 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Let me step in here to provide some clarity.

First, I want to say that I respect the OP’s opinion. I’m going to disagree in my answer, but I can appreciate the dialog this has raised on this thread.

Next, I think it is important to remember that the game itself is rated M and has pre-existing references to prostitution and the term itself. I’m not going to start diluting RTW’s vision for a gritty world with mature themes.

As has already been pointed out, the term refers to a male or female, and more importantly the title was meant to be more of a joke than anything since it refers to candy on Easter rather than prostitution. This is a case where I do think the OP is taking this a bit too seriously. Having said that, if you don’t approve of the term, you have agency on whether to apply the title to yourself or not.

Lastly, the forums are PG-13, and have always had different rules than the game. Previous management felt the need to blacklist the term here, which I’ll respect for the time being. 

Thanks,

Matt

Do not give atention to justice warriors, silence justice warriors if you want your game healthy.

When you notice they will be fill forums and game with them complaining for every little thing pushing agenda they dont even understand.

Edited by ChristmasElf

There is a legit tooltip in the loading screen or used to be that mentioned using Voip to trash talk talk the enemy 

Edited by Fruitini

People are offended by everything lately. Even on a Rated mature online game. 

There always has to be a reason to complain or whine about something because our opinion has to be the most important one, and should be shared and followed by the whole world.

Edited by Outofmyway

1 hour ago, Outofmyway said:

People are offended by everything lately. Even on a Rated mature online game. 

There always has to be a reason to complain or whine about something because our opinion has to be the most important one, and should be shared and followed by the whole world.

Lol millenials go QQ

I saw this title for the first time on wednesday and did think it was a bit odd but then the word has evolved doesn't really mean the same thing as it used to. 

E.g. attention wh**e has no sexual meaning and can be applied to anyone.

Also it's a title so is up to the player to apply it to themselves and can't be aimed at anyone else.

• Thanks 3