Tigrix

Call me sensitive but...

Isn't using a word as w-h-o-r-e in a reward title in your game, sort of the same as blue-printing it as an okay word to throw around? I mean most kids are very susceptible to reading the language and usage of it, in their surroundings and if the game company itself is okay'ing such language, then why would any players feel it's wrong tossing that term around in chat when arguing with other players? o.O 

Trust me, I hate the whole WOKE movement and I think it's gone completely berserk, like a pendulum swinging completely opposite spectrum of balance...... but in this case I feel like it's absolutely the wrong signal to send to your playerbase.

Comic fact: I can't type that word on these forums because it's censored...  the irony.
@MattScott

[edit added for clarity] >>

Firstly, since LO took over APB, they've inherited the game "as-is", by all definitions and standards, that's the outcome of taking over an active project.
All the mature stuff that is in APB,  is taken as-is and personally as I already made clear with my reply to Kyoki, there's IMHO nothing wrong in tough language, aka "fuck" or "suck" or w/e examples.
That's APB, that's the mature rating. I don't see anything derogatory insulting in the word "fuck".

Anyway, LO inherited APB as-is and right away made a very clear point of wanting to ASAP update the eula to their "own standards" (if you dig among the first posts of LO, this was the primary first topics).
All good so far yes? Aka, they've shown responsibility imo so far. They take a pride in the work they do and they understand that they're the ones in charge and being looked up to in a certain way for "whats okay and whats not okay". They made a big point of wanting to re-establish in-game moderation (active GM's partaking in chat and actually warning/moderating for TOS violations).

All good so far yes?
Ok, so LO imo so far has made good strides to try and turn this community around to a more positive and shall we say... functional one. 
I'm not saying they've done any miracles or anything, ofc not ... but they've definitely improved the community IMO, since they took over. (Yes LO, this is a compliment, i'm not just bashing you guys).

In fact, my post about this specific derogatory word being randomly tossed into the game as a reward title, should show how much I've come to respect LO for their stances and their attempts at bettering the community via rules and moderation/GM's etc etc. It's IMO disappointing that they in this way joke with their own TOS, because it sends the wrong signal to people who look for excuses and greenlights to insult others with this type of derogatory language.

I think Matt understand that and I really doubt he had a hand in this or was aware of it going out. I guess we will wait and see.

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Gateron said:

Nah you are just a SIMP

ah okay.

there's a wh*re title?

Just now, Solamente said:

there's a wh*re title?

In the easter event, it's among the 3 new titles.

People then wonder why APB community is among most toxic ones there is, but then comes management of game itself and  encourage usage of an insult for sake of "fun". The most sexist insult there is.

An insult referring ONLY and specifically to women, as if it wasn't enough ideas given to kids by far already.

Best part of all this, you people CENSOR word  wh0re at forums but you give it for Easter as a REWARD in a form of title for FUN.

To whoever "genius" in your company was who was empowered to come to this idea under charade of "fun and only joke"  and actually got allowed to come to its realization, i salute you sir. (because definitely it wasnt a girl's mind who would come up to this idea). Gj sir, gj 

giphy.gif

Also gj LO at breaking the TOS of your own game

B. Prohibited Conduct

PLAYER MAY NOT, IN CONNECTION WITH PLAYER'S USE OF APB Reloaded SERVICES:

1. Harass, threaten or embarrass another Player of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such Player, or any other person or entity. Any form of personal attack upon a player by another player is strictly prohibited. APB Reloaded does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any Player who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited.

Please give me instructions of how to make a report ticket of reporting entire LO management to APB support team.  Thank you. 

tumblr_md18kyuTeG1qf80abo2_250.gif 

Edited by Kitty Yekaterina
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Kitty Yekaterina said:

People then wonder why APB community is among most toxic ones there is, but then comes management of game itself and uses for "fun" the most sexist insult there is.

An insult referring ONLY and specifically to women, as if it wasn't enough ideas given to kids by far already.

Best part of all this, you people CENSOR word  wh0re at forums but you give it for Easter as a REWARD in a form of title for FUN.

To whoever "genius" in your company was who was empowered to come to this idea under charade of "fun and only joke"  and actually got allowed to come to its realization, i salute you sir. (because definitely it wasnt a girl's mind who would come up to this idea). Gj sir, gj 

giphy.gif

tumblr_md18kyuTeG1qf80abo2_250.gif 

keep crying because of a word... Go do virtual cringe shit with your e boy Tigrix lmao. A word has no meaning until you give it attention good job btw. Its a TITLE if someone uses it it doesn't hurt you or other players. Unless you see yourself associated with the word Wh0re KEKW. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

I've seen it used amongst the gay male community quite often and from one women to another ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gateron said:

keep crying because of a word... Go do virtual cringe shit with your e boy Tigrix lmao. A word has no meaning until you give it attention good job btw. Its a TITLE if someone uses it it doesn't hurt you or other players. Unless you see yourself associated with the word Wh0re KEKW. 

Idc for your irrelevant existence nor your personal attacks based on lies and imaginary assumptions. Fact is LO broke their own TOS. Prove is that you cant even type wh0re on this forum, but its ok to suddenly get it as a title in a game. Hypocrisy level 9000.

Word has a meaning by default, otherwise it would not be a word, it would be a bunch of scattered letters. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gateron said:

Maybe you'll grow up one day and realize why reality doesn't work like that 🙂
With your "logic", people can tout racism, sexism and any other ism' freely because Gateron says words have no meaning.

You might be the real e-boy here, it definitely sounds like you've been stuck behind behind a screen for way too long.

• Like 1

isnt nice lady just another word for prostitute? 

it might have a negative connotation because prostitution is frowned upon in a large portion of the world but idk if the word itself is really that bad

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

isnt nice lady just another word for prostitute? 

it might have a negative connotation because prostitution is frowned upon in a large portion of the world but idk if the word itself is really that bad

isnt nice lady is ok word to use because there are many not nice men and many not nice ladies.  We are talking here about issue of a wh0re word.

1 minute ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

isnt nice lady is ok word to use because there are many not nice men and many not nice ladies.  We are talking here about issue of a wh0re word.

nice lady is the censor for wh*re, which is slightly ironic because wh*re itself is not specifically geared towards a gender 

Forum rules are different than in-game rules.

Not defending either rule set, just saying they are different.

1 minute ago, Tigrix said:

Maybe you'll grow up one day and realize why reality doesn't work like that 🙂
With your "logic", people can tout racism, sexism and any other ism' freely because Gateron says words have no meaning.

You might be the real e-boy here, it definitely sounds like you've been stuck behind behind a screen for way too long.

Yeah don't give attention to those people and there words have no meaning. But here you are fueling it. Also you don't even know what e-boy means. Can you explain to me how someone using the title Wh0re affects you in a bad way? Do you feel insulted do you think people using the title directs it at you or something i really don't get it. Wh0re is also used on man and women so don't go into simp mode and say but it is used on womhaans and it disrespect them.

Imagine losing to words yikes how weak you must be mentally.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

nice lady is the censor for wh*re, which is slightly ironic because wh*re itself is not specifically geared towards a gender 

I know, its called sarcasm.

Its forbidden for usage at forums, because we all know what it stands for, but its ok to be officially given as title in same game which forbids its usage at forums, acknowledging that specifically that word is not ok to use it. 

And yes, sorry but i never heard that other men insult men by calling them whores. I however did hear and saw its usage in 100%  of cases exclusively for women. 

I don't think we need to argue the derogatory nature of the word wh0re. Anyone with half an interest in that argument can look it up in oxford, mirriam or w/e preferred English dictionary they wanna cite from.

Of course the trolls come out:D these forums never fail.

Sorry Gateron, your personal feelings don't make words have no meaning, regardless how badly you wish it. As said above already nicely, a word with no meaning is simply scattered letters.
The word in this topic is defined in every major dictionary, which makes your entire point null. You're clearly wanting an argument based on how you personally perceive words, not based on how they're publically and officially defined. As I said to you once already... eventually, you'll grow up and have to adapt to society as it is.. not the rules of your walled up den behind the monitor 😉 

Edited by Tigrix

3 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

Its forbidden for usage at forums, because we all know what it stands for, but its ok to be officially given as title in same game which forbids its usage at forums, acknowledging that specifically that word is not ok to use it. 

And yes, sorry but i never heard that other men insult men by calling them whores. I however did hear and saw its usage in 100%  of cases exclusively for women. 

Wh0re is used gender neutral. Wh0re is not a good word to use while this game 18+. Maybe you should also go cry on the GTA forums about how the main charachters insult strippers and say the word b1tch and wh0re enough times. This is just Virtue Signalling and Gtfo. Its not 100% only used on women because you heard from  other feminist. You are not a creditable source.

Edited by Gateron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

the forums have a 13+ rating because there is no age gate to access it afaik, as opposed to the game which is rated M (or whatever the equivalent is outside the US) and requires an account to play

perhaps my experience is because i live in the US but nice lady is definitely used towards both genders and given that little orbit is a US based company its likely they share the same experience

that aside, the game has much more explicit language used so i'm not sure why this specific instance is more important?

Edited by Solamente
edit

6 minutes ago, Gateron said:

Wh0re is used gender neutral.  Its not 100% only used on women because you heard from  other feminist. You are not a creditable source.

Ok then lets hear the source of Cambridge dictionary out of United Kingdom, the source of an official English language: 

wh0re noun UK  /hɔːr/ US  /hɔːr/

a female prostitute

a woman whose behaviour in her sexual relationships is considered immoral

Source :  https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/nice lady  

Glad we solved this.

The word wh*re is so desensitized over years and years of usage, I'd rather they focus on the people who actually use real derogatory terms such as the N-Word or Homophobic slurs.

Oh and definition: a person who engages in sexual intercourse for pay can be both parties(Male/Female)

This game is from 2010.. There is even a subtitle that says "i'll let you f my sister'' or ''feet pics''.

It's only virtual, I don't see a problem with this. If anyone wants to use a title as Candy wh0r3 then go ahead lol.

• Like 1

Peak virtue signaling, crying over people freely mocking themselves

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Gateron said:

Wh0re is used gender neutral. Wh0re is not a good word to use while this game 18+. Maybe you should also go cry on the GTA forums about how the main charachters insult strippers and say the word b1tch and wh0re enough times. This is just Virtue Signalling and Gtfo. Its not 100% only used on women because you heard from  other feminist. You are not a creditable source.

I don't think we need to argue the derogatory nature of the word wh0r. Anyone with half an interest in that argument can look it up in oxford, mirriam or w/e preferred English dictionary they wanna cite from.

Sorry Gateron, your personal feelings don't make words have no meaning, regardless how badly you wish it. As said above already nicely, a word with no meaning is simply scattered letters.
The word in this topic is defined in every major dictionary, which makes your entire point null. You're clearly wanting an argument based on how you personally perceive words, not based on how they're publically and officially defined. So let me repeat, as I said to you once already... eventually, you'll HAVE to grow up and have to adapt to society as it is.. not the rules of your walled up den behind the monitor. 😉 

41 minutes ago, Solamente said:

the forums have a 13+ rating because there is no age gate to access it afaik, as opposed to the game which is rated M (or whatever the equivalent is outside the US) and requires an account to play

perhaps my experience is because i live in the US but nice lady is definitely used towards both genders and given that little orbit is a US based company its likely they share the same experience

that aside, the game has much more explicit language used so i'm not sure why this specific instance is more important?

Yeah, that must definitely be an American thing, guys calling each-other "whores".

Mirriam:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nice lady

Oxford:
https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/nice lady

nice lady

noun

/hɔː(r)/

/hɔːr/

(old-fashioned) a female prostitute

(taboo) an offensive word used to refer to a woman who has sex with a lot of men

You dirty little nice lady!

You look like a common nice lady in that dress!

Merged.

32 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

This game is from 2010.. There is even a subtitle that says "i'll let you f my sister'' or ''feet pics''.

It's only virtual, I don't see a problem with this. If anyone wants to use a title as Candy wh0r3 then go ahead lol.

The word "fuck" is absolutely fine, isn't it?
and idk what you mean by "feet pics" .. is the word feet or pics or the combination of them some well known derogatory defined word? o.O

What I mean is.. your examples has nothing to do with the topic.

Mirriam:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nice lady

Oxford:https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/nice lady

If a woman has sex with 10 different men, she's considered a wh0r3, but if a man does the same thing...

...he is gay. Definitely gay.

Jokes aside, the forum rules are inconsistent at best.
I don't know how much of that is trying to retain what edge they can while complying with laws, or how much is just sloppy decision making.

You could probably message @Sakebee about it.

I think Matt's pretty busy with not only APB but also a great many other things, so Sakebee is probably your best bet to get quick answers.

Edited by CookiePuss