Sign in to follow this  
ArtDeco

ATAC is broken right now.

Little Orbit, I urge you to take a close look particularly at the state of the ATAC, I don't know what got touched up in the last patches but an army of butt naked low rank silvers are 85ing golds in half a second and golds are going 20-5 with them in Financial District.

The gun is way too accurate and tags way too fast. Lower the firerate or increase spread.

My ntec/star, fired at proper firerate and burst is outspeeded by the ATAC.

• Like 6

I dont think ATAC is broken... Also you should see how things are on console APB with all the ATACs that are going on over there lol.

So you guys don't notice it then? All the other guns I go up against everything is normal and consistent but it's different when I'm up against ATACs.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

4 minutes ago, JazzLand said:

So you guys don't notice it then? All the other guns I go up against everything is normal and consistent but it's different when I'm up against ATACs.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

most people that say guns arnt broken are just abusers of that type of gun and are afraid if that so called gun gets nurfed

as for golds doing 25 - 5 , thats normal, ive seen them do that even with out the atac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShaiShai said:

most people that say guns arnt broken are just abusers of that type of gun and are afraid if that so called gun gets nurfed

as for golds doing 25 - 5 , thats normal, ive seen them do that even with out the atac

I do not own an atac wanna gift me one for research purposes? 😁

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I do not own an atac wanna gift me one for research purposes? 😁

i own it, but i dont like it so i useually man the ursas more nowadays

I don't have an ATAC and it's not broken. Play for your advantage and that is not standing in an open spot against an ATAC

Play against one a few matches and you will feel the BS power from it.

34 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

i own it, but i dont like it so i useually man the ursas more nowadays

I see both used by people  but no one has answered much of which they prefer. thank you for the research notes.

19 minutes ago, botting said:

I don't have an ATAC and it's not broken. Play for your advantage and that is not standing in an open spot against an ATAC

I have been seeing an atac lose to a joker cr5 at times so I do not believe ATAC is broken either.

It was always a strong weapon lmao and easy to use.  

• Like 1

Its definitely strong and easy to use but not broken or OP; it takes 8 shots to kill and doesn't out range any other AR, it also lacks the accuracy one can achieve with a NTEC even if you tapfire the weapon and i'd even argue the STAR is more accurate at range then it. 

As for Golds going 20-5, chances are, they would of likely went 20-5 with a NTEC as well. Even if the ATAC is easy to use, Player skill still greatly affects how well it will ultimately do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JazzLand said:

i haven’t logged in for a bit so i can’t really comment on any potential “accidental” changes, but the atac being able to out ttk a tapfiring ntec or star is nothing new

Edited by Solamente
typo

24 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i haven’t logged in for a bit so i can’t really comment on any potential “accidental” changes, but the atac being able to out ttk a tapfiring ntec or star is nothing new

yup, ntec is powerful in that it is a great medium to longish range weapon and decent in CQC.

ATAC loses on range but gains more in CQC to medium ranges.

The reason people use the ntec a lot is the diversity in range, CQC-medium/longish ranges.  You won't be stuck completely under powered unless you are in long to sniper ranges.

Edited by illgot

13 hours ago, JazzLand said:

Little Orbit, I urge you to take a close look particularly at the state of the ATAC, I don't know what got touched up in the last patches but an army of butt naked low rank silvers are 85ing golds in half a second and golds are going 20-5 with them in Financial District.

The gun is way too accurate and tags way too fast. Lower the firerate or increase spread.

Little Orbit will do no such thing..

Bro you mad? When the Atac first came out it was considered OP and it got nerf... already. Its people like you why guns get nerf.. because when you learn how to use the weapon...you master it and gain a bonus by owning with it. The Atac is actually the closest to a normal weapon as other games and special in its only way just like the oca nano hold and spray. Once used the ntec properly you can outgun it, However be in the open and you are going to drop. May I add a but....every mission and environment matters in APB, so you will find that at some point you have to keep switching weapon to counter the enemy's weapon or suitable for the environment.

Edited by locknloadzz

5 minutes ago, sneekface said:

ATAC isn't broken, PMG is.

That PMG have tooo much range. I Agree, However you can use the environment to your advantage with any weapons once used properly... 

12 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

that's a pretty bold assumption to make. while that definitely happens, i don't think it's *most* people. i haven't seen many atac crutches recently - and that's because...

the gun was pretty much overpowered (mostly because it was way too easy AND versatile to use) but it's in a pretty fair state right now. it is indeed strong in it's niche - and i wish there were good alternatives for that. but that's really only in its niche. it does get outranged by ntec and star (and other longer range weapons, obviously) and does get beat by smgs in closer ranges. which is how it should be. 

not close to being broken though, may need some slight tweaking for a ever so slightly higher minimum ttk - but i'd rather not see them touch guns that really don't need it that bad.

• Like 1

If anything ATAC got nerfed silently not buffed, because ursus got nerfed.

I noticed clearly change in recoil when going full atac, compared to previous.

Anyways yea, first nerf nfas, now nerf atac, how about you nerf all weapons and leave just 10 day oca, PMG,  JG, and 10 day ntec.  So that you "veterans" would be finally happy.

Lets make all people use those 3 weapons, because all rest is "no skill".

When you are at that point you can imo simply delete all other weapons, because we dont need another nerf of a weapon that doesnt need nerf.

In case you "intelligent" veterans didnt notice, after crying for nfas, is that now everybody uses PMG.  Good job.  

ATAC is horrendously broken and needs a desperate nerf. It's range needs to go lower and the bloom needs to be increased a bit as it needs some kind of downside to spraying it recklessly. It's such a go-to gun for every noob. It completely melts people regardless of player skill, similarly to NFAS weapons, it has no place in a game such as APB.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Inhotep said:

Anyways yea, first nerf nfas, now nerf atac, how about you nerf all weapons and leave just 10 day oca, PMG,  JG, and 10 day ntec.  So that you "veterans" would be finally happy.

Lets make all people use those 3 weapons, because all rest is "no skill".

its almost as if @NotZombieBiscuit called this

25 minutes ago, neophobia said:

it is indeed strong in it's niche - and i wish there were good alternatives for that

the raptors are all solid alternatives to the atac and occupy the exact same niche

the huntress, carbine, oscar, and even pmg to a certain extent all play within the same range as the atac

25 minutes ago, Inhotep said:

how about you nerf all weapons and leave just 10 day oca, PMG,  JG, and 10 day ntec.  So that you "veterans" would be finally happy.

but the ntec and jg literally just got nerfed, so which "veterans" are you talking about?

24 minutes ago, Flaws said:

ATAC is horrendously broken and needs a desperate nerf. It's range needs to go lower and the bloom needs to be increased a bit as it needs some kind of downside to spraying it recklessly. It's such a go-to gun for every noob. It completely melts people regardless of player skill, similarly to NFAS weapons, it has no place in a game such as APB.

i honestly can't tell if you're trolling at this point or not

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

i honestly can't tell if you're trolling at this point or not

Excuse me?

Sign in to follow this