Sign in to follow this  
SmilyFace

Why you keep hiding changes from Patch Notes?

Alright, i don't wanna be hateful against Little Orbit, but you guys challenging me to open several topics just to answer.

Am i wrong or isn't written nowhere that you are changing gun names and removing colours from them with the recent patch and the future ones?

"This was intended." - by Selali

PJYDVMF.jpg

But why then you guys didn't put this into the patch notes? I don't think im asking too much.

O7EZVZX.jpg

PS you also wrote multiple times RT1, PR2/PR3 in few gun names.

Edited by AlishaAzure
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because it doesn't really need to be mentioned?  It's not important enough of a change to warrant a note.

• Like 4

We listed the names of the weapons that we were adding to the Joker Ticket store. As it was already outlined in this post:

As this had already been covered in the above post, I did not think that it was needed to add all the specific changes that we made related to Joker Ticket items. The one that changed from its previous incarnation in the Joker Ticket store was noted. This type of change will be happening on every weapon that we add to the Joker Ticket store with limited exceptions. If this system ever changes in the future, we will be sure to note them for the community in another post.

Edited by Selali
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, Selali said:

We listed the names of the weapons that we were adding to the Joker Ticket store. As it was already outlined in this post:

As this had already been covered in the above post, I did not think that it was needed to add all the specific changes that we made related to Joker Ticket items. The one that changed from its previous incarnation in the Joker Ticket store was noted. This type of change will be happening on every weapon that we add to the Joker Ticket store with limited exceptions. If this system ever changes in the future, we will be sure to note them for the community in another post.

I'm still confused.

I get making all the weapons white rather than have a split between white gold and purple.

But why are weapons bought off armas now coming with JT 3 in their name (rather than R&D III or NFCP 3) when they weren't purchased via the joker store?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Selali said:

If this system ever changes in the future, we will be sure to note them for the community in another post.

I guess it's too late for asking it (or u dont care to read/ answer me 😭) as a Easter present, but may u just add a freaking OPGL in the joker store..... in future at least, please

giphy.gif

I don't see the significance of this yet. Might change when someone explains the actual impact on the change.

In comparison, I've followed of the developments of another game and their patch notes mention additions, but leave out anything that's not really worth mentioning. UI icon changes never get mentioned, added sounds from objects and enemies never get mentioned, but a new system or a game mechanic change is surely mentioned. Every dev team is different, but some choose to not mention the new environment and enemy sounds they added. For example: I could totally argue the point of how 'important' it was to mention these changes to enemy sounds or how my footsteps sound in the world now. 'It throws me off a lot, because I was used to the old sounds'. 'It has created initial confusion and nothing about this wasn't mentioned'. It's how bad you scale these things and I wouldn't like seeing flack thrown around for something that to some may matter and to some is static noise.

So - Why fuss about this? Keep it interesting, quarantine has really made me get out of the way to make an insignificant point

• Like 1

Developers do this all the time, leaving out everything from very important to barely important.

Bad communication inside the teams? I've never seen a single development studio that actually lists all their patch changes.

i imagine the point of this naming/visual icon change is an attempt at curbing the rampant p2w perception that apb has racked up over the years - if armas weapons are called the same thing as jt weapons and if armas weapons look the same as jt weapons, then the hope is that more people believe they are the same weapons

i also imagine it wasn't specifically mentioned because seriously, who the hell cares about such a minor cosmetic change like this?

Edited by Solamente
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Topic has been closed at OP's request.

~@mayii