Sign in to follow this  
Pedroxin

High latency

so after the Easter patch I'm experiencing a massive increase in my latency, just wanted to see if you guys have seen this or not

From what i've seen, that depends from player to player, im not experiencing this, but sometimes i get spikes and disconnects all over the place. Some players have my same issues, others not, but definetely servers need some upgrades, cuz of the population boost we got in the last month/2.

3 hours ago, Pedroxin said:

so after the Easter patch I'm experiencing a massive increase in my latency, just wanted to see if you guys have seen this or not

I'm experiencing exactly the same, totally unplayable

1 minute ago, HelloPie said:

I'm experiencing exactly the same, totally unplayable

For anyone experiencing high latency, please go in-game and run /latencytest

Then open a ticket at http://support.gamersfirst.com and attach the .CSV file from the APBGame/Logs directory. 

Right now we are seeing 1 of 3 scenarios:

1) We had an issue in the last patch that was spamming the network which got rolled back. We fixed the issue, so that code is active again since the Easter patch (players are helping diagnose with latency tests)

2) Some home network providers are overloaded due to all the people working from home

3) Our servers have been hit relentlessly with DDoS - for the most part this has had zero effect on players, but occasionally a large spike results in momentary lag

Thanks,

Matt

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

Then open a ticket at http://support.gamersfirst.com and attach the .CSV file from the APBGame/Logs directory. 

1) We had an issue in the last patch that was spamming the network which got rolled back. We fixed the issue, so that code is active again since the Easter patch (players are helping diagnose with latency tests)

2) Some home network providers are overloaded due to all the people working from home

3) Our servers have been hit relentlessly with DDoS - for the most part this has had zero effect on players, but occasionally a large spike results in momentary lag

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for the fast reply, will do

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

3) Our servers have been hit relentlessly with DDoS

Online many different game companies have been saying lately that they are getting DDoS attacked.

You would think with people having to stay at home all over the world , that the DDoS attacking people might mellow out but instead this only shows how messed up and hateful those people really are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks.

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Thanks,

Matt

My network latency has been the same as before the Easter patch, so my network and provider is fine, and I don't have latency-related issues in other games.

to be exact it's not random disconnects or lag spikes, pre-patch I had constant 80-95 ms latency (to citadel) but now it consistently stays above 220 ms (no spikes).

I'll send the log file as soon as I can, however I have one question, is there a specific title I need to use for my ticket as to not get stuck in the 3 week wait time? 

• Like 1

For me, west coast servers are unplayable at best. I have constant packet loss. It says 0 packet loss in game, but it's wrong because a large amount of my shots do not register server sided. West coast in APB has always been like this. It's not a new issue.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Sign in to follow this