Sakebee

Easter Patch Announcement

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 4/1/2020. The Patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 4 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

OVERVIEW

This is a big patch, and there are many things to tease out of it, from our Easter event to adding a guaranteed 100 Joker Tickets to every Joker Mystery Box. You can read about most of our upcoming changes on our blog, but we wanted to take a moment and dive into the details on two changes in particular.

First, we wanted the ensure that there were no feel bad moments with our Joker Ticket drops, so we made it impossible to get 0 JT from doing opposed missions. Please note that you will still get your other rewards from doing missions, but that currently the reward UI will only show JT at this time. This is a known bug, and we are already working on a fix.

Second, we have disabled the Radar Tower Car Mod. When it was originally brought to our attention that this mod was not working correctly, we did an extensive deep dive on what was wrong with the mod and how it functioned. After doing our initial investigation, we decided that the mod, while broken at times, was not exploitable. However, in recent weeks it has come to our attention that there is, in fact, a way to exploit this mod, so we are going to be disabling it for the time being. The choice to disable this mod is not one we make lightly, but we feel it is the best choice at this time. Fixing the mod now would take crucial engineer time away from the 2.1 Engine Upgrade and delay critical projects like our upcoming Beta test. Disabling the mod was the best way we could preserve your play experience while keeping these projects on track. We will revisit this mod in the future to get it working correctly again as soon as we are able.

CHANGES/FIXES

• Added the 2020 Easter Event
  • Added the following items to the Joker Store located in Social:
    • OBIR NFCP JT3
    • OBIR "Vladivostok" PR3
    • JG-1140 JT3
    • JG- 1140 "Knock-Knock" PR3
    • NFAS-12 Dvah JT3
    • NFAS-12 "The Janitor" PR3
    • Joker C9S EX-III JT2 PR1
    • Joker RFP-9 "Fang" PR1
    • N-FA 9 "Quickdraw" PR1
    • Colby Classic
    • DMR-AV PR2
    • N-HVR 243-SD PR1
    • FR0G 'Thumbnail' PR2
    • FR0G 'Kokoe' PR1
    • ACT 44 "Pillager" PR1
    • Mountie 'NorthWest'
    • Mountie 'Nunavut' PR1
  • Increased the drop rate of JT from missions to 100%
  • Added a guaranteed 100 JT to all JMB
  • Disabled the Radar Tower Car Mod
  • Removed the RIOT tutorial
  • Fixed a bug that kept players from being able to report characters with Cyrillic in their name
  • Changed the name and price of the Shredder SB PR1; it is now the Shredder SB JT1

This post is cross-referenced under Game Updates for your convenience.

EDIT - As several players have been asking about the length of the Easter event, I am adding it here for everyone's reference. The Easter event will run until 4/15

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

Inb4 the tears for Radar tower being disabled.

• Like 1

One form of free wallhack gone ✅

Spotter gone ❌

• Like 4

cannot wait for you to add the golden act pr1 to the joker store, that secondary is actually p2w imo (disregard this if it's already in the joker store, have not checked as of writing this)

also, it might be a good idea to not just write "added easter event again this year lul" in the forums just because it happens every year (and also is explained on the blog), but to always explain how that event works, so newbies do not have to check in the back log of updates to know how the event works (since the ui seems to as of now also be lackluster in that regard...)

why are game updates and the news blog a separate-ish thing anyways? so there's another hurdle for players to stay in touch with the game's (future) state?

Edited by Ulexos
farted and accidentally hit enter my bad
  • Like 1

MRT was broken for a long patootie time. 😞 I'm pretty upset about it being removed though, hopefully it comes back. 🙂

Nice update to the JT Store though, always good to get ARMAS weapons available to the F2P players.

Yep, the RFP-Fang enters the Joker Store AFTER the RFP nerf, makes perfect sense..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously with the Corsair's JMB: "this is our first small step towards making sure Joker Mystery Boxes remain a compelling and exciting part of your APB gameplay"

Now: "Added a guaranteed 100 JT to all JMB"    →    Here it is, as the prophecy foretold, their second small step.. Looks like JMBs will never go away. Can't also wait to see more people running around with Imperial Crowns just because they stole Mommy's credit card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most important of all though...:

spotter.png

Update looks good. Nice new clothing items. JT store getting some love. Keep it up.

54 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Disabled the Radar Tower Car Mod

Wat? What is this suppose to mean? Radar Tower no longer works?

34 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

Update looks good. Nice new clothing items. JT store getting some love. Keep it up.

It wasn't working to begin with.

Still no (Golden) OPGL....

What a sad Easter (for me)😪

Is the C9S a new version of the c9. Or has it been in the game just not in joker store?

Edited by xXD4v1dXx

2 hours ago, SkittyM said:

No crying, just more playing other games.

1 hour ago, Nickolai said:

57 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

It wasn't working to begin with.

It works, its just bugged.

LO decided to remove it rather than fix it.

too late :,(

14 minutes ago, xXD4v1dXx said:

Is the C9S a new version of the c9. Or has it been in the game just not in joker store?

It's been in the game but was never released.  its just a 2 slot OCA SD.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It works, its just bugged.

LO decided to remove it rather than fix it.

Basically what i said, it don't work.

• Thanks 1

I dunno chief, last I played radar tower commonly didn't work. Dunno if that's still the case now

5 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Basically what i said, it don't work.

better delete spotter while you are at it, meteor as well, sometimes the game forces me out of ADS, so lets remove that as well, car spawn too since it doesn't always perform correctly, nades sometimes disappear instead of explode so lets get rid of those, Ntec audio doesn't always match number of shots fired, so 86 that gun, etc etc etc...

or I suppose, and stay with me here, those things could be fixed instead of deleted?

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

or I suppose, and stay with me here, those things could be fixed instead of deleted?

Nothing is being deleted though?

4 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Nothing is being deleted though?

weird way to phrase a question

radar tower has been broken and exploitable for years now but it’s only a problem once they temp disable it?????????????

im very happy to see little orbit has taken steps to fix the joker ticket/consumable conflict

• Like 1

All y'all wanting to remove Spotter are forgetting it's tied to one of the JT Daily tasks - don't tread on my easy 25JTs. 

• Like 1

Colby Classic

Cowboy Boots

Naked Cowboy intensifies

Thank you for finally letting me complete that outfit after 10 years

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Taking how unreliable it was, I don't think anybody but brain-damaged would cry over it.

Aka. it might detected one enemy across whole map for whatever reason but won't track second one litteraly next to him anywhere near car radar cause who knows.

Even though I usually don't participate in the Easter event. I appreciate the update.

UNREAL 3.5 ENGINE UPGRADE (APB 2.1)

If you haven’t been following along with our Engine Upgrade Thread already, we have a few important pieces of news for you. First, is that a beta test of the client is in the works. We don’t have an exact date for the beta test just yet, but it will run for a weekend and initially be limited to Social and Asylum districts. Second, we will give you guys as much notice as we can before we run the test, so be on the lookout for announcements from us. Our plan is to have the beta client download link active for a week before opening the servers so anyone who is interested will have time to download and install the client properly. Third, our CEO continues to post updates on our Engine Upgrade progress every Saturday, so be sure to check in and stay up to date as we get close to a first look at the beta!

Yay! Can't wait to test it out. Will we be allowed to share content on YouTube when the Beta starts?