Sign in to follow this  
Warspite

Bring back ban announcements.

Title. APB is suddenly 'popular' again and it's a mess. There's no way to tell if anticheat is actually doing it's job AT ALL. Everyone I know who is or was gold prior to the population surging is now intentionally or planning to go down to silver because they no longer feel like silver district is fair because there are a significant number of incredibly suspicious players/cheaters and it's killed it for them. I'd rather play in fight club because at least there you usually only live a short while so it doesn't feel too bad getting killed fairly or unfairly, but for normal missions in waterfront or financial it feels god awful. Perfectly timed pre-thrown nades at angles you know they could not have predicted without wallhacks. Full auto ursus that never miss a shot. Obeya rifles firing like N-Tecs at long range and also never missing. The game feels horrible to play because even if these people are just ridiculously good at the game, which I really *REALLY* doubt, there's no way to know if cheaters are being dealt with or not. it certainly does not feel like it.

• Like 2

Ban announcement was extremely toxic, and also brought a certain kind of infamy with it so nah, it shouldn't be brought back.

• Like 5

Why. There's now no indication that anti cheat is even doing ANYTHING. As said in the original post, it certainly doesn't feel like it. At least some form of published ban numbers so we can see they actually even SLIGHTLY care about dealing with cheaters rather than letting them run wild. I would be surprised if even 10 percent of the people currently cheating will ever be banned by the current anticheat. FF or BattleEye would be better than it is now. EAC can't even detect macros.

• Like 3

They could try the system that R6S uses, not having a ban list but ban announcements in-game.

I agree on that side that we have no proofs that it's working, shouldn't be ur problem, but with everything happened in the past, i don't feel comfortable with that turned off.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Warspite said:

Why. There's now no indication that anti cheat is even doing ANYTHING. As said in the original post, it certainly doesn't feel like it. At least some form of published ban numbers so we can see they actually even SLIGHTLY care about dealing with cheaters rather than letting them run wild. I would be surprised if even 10 percent of the people currently cheating will ever be banned by the current anticheat. FF or BattleEye would be better than it is now. EAC can't even detect macros.

Previous anticheats wrongfully flagged suspicious computer applications. Fair Fight is server side rather than client side so it struggle to tell the difference between a marco and a really good player, as do you it seems.

How many people do you think are cheating right now? lets say 10%?  10% of 10% wouldn't get banned... yeah 1% of 500 players is 5 players, so less than 1 per server physical server.

8 hours ago, IronicTerror said:

Ban announcement was extremely toxic, and also brought a certain kind of infamy with it so nah, it shouldn't be brought back.

Terror is right. it was a challenge for people to reroll into new accounts, and it was a achievement to some when they get banned multiple times while causing grief to other players in game.

Some of them posted videos of them doing it on youtube proudly.

...I'm sorry if you don't feel reassured but you don't need verification and these trolls do not need to be fed any more attention.

Personally I feel that asking for numbers of bans to be published isn't a bad or detrimental idea but a bit of a mute point if you're suspicious of current anticheat, If you don't think it's effective then why do you think the number would be reassuring.

I would like at least like a notification in-game notifying you that someone you reported has been banned so you’d know.

I think it was done on TF2 if I remember?

Or some steam game I forgot...

• Like 3

Public ban announcements + ffbans which allowed you to comment on them are the biggest reason for the sorry excuse of a community that APB has on it's hands right now. The toxicity came from that more than anything ever prior or after it. Never bring that sh*t again.

Also, EAC has been doing wonders for APB, We've been at an all time low cheaters wise. There are waves every few months when some new cheat comes out but they cleaned up pretty fast. Unfortunately, that's the cost of the game being F2P. 99.9% of the players you speak of are simply high/top tier players just playing the game casually. The real problem is the matchmaking which will be fixed after the engine upgrade comes out.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 4

I don't think there needs to be any allowing people to comment on bans - I didn't even know you could do that in the past, I just saw them pop up at the top of my screen iirc. But there needs to be some kinda published ban number or something in the same way they're doing their updates on support tickets. Because there's no way as many are getting caught as you claim.

11 hours ago, Flaws said:

Public ban announcements + ffbans which allowed you to comment on them are the biggest reason for the sorry excuse of a community that APB has on it's hands right now. The toxicity came from that more than anything ever prior or after it. Never bring that sh*t again.

Also, EAC has been doing wonders for APB, We've been at an all time low cheaters wise. There are waves every few months when some new cheat comes out but they cleaned up pretty fast. Unfortunately, that's the cost of the game being F2P. 99.9% of the players you speak of are simply high/top tier players just playing the game casually. The real problem is the matchmaking which will be fixed after the engine upgrade comes out.

The fact all this sweet feedbacks come from an ex- cheater  😚

Is it you right? https://ffbans.org/Citadel/Flaws

If I am in error my apoligize in advance

About the thread, Favorible to all line, I dont see nothing of bad here, sincerly they may do a lot more...

Cheaters/scammers etc deserve to get humiliated, also not just in game I hope soon possible change something widely about the Game companies for punishing these people, the damage they are doing for their selfish desidere to make angry others (or profit a lot sell their hacks) and Company images arent 2 cents, taking sometimes legal ways may not be so bad.

I hope LO will take this path one day too

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

About the thread, Favorible to all line, I dont see nothing of bad here, sincerly they may do a lot more...

Cheaters/scammers etc deserve to get humiliated, also not just in game I hope soon possible change something widely about the Game companies for punishing these people, the damage they are doing for their selfish desidere to make angry others (or profit a lot sell their hacks) and Company images arent 2 cents, taking sometimes legal ways may not be so bad.

Uhhh, yes please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

It seems that you don't understand why APB's community has become so toxic then. It only takes you to actually scroll through a few bans (you can take mine for example) and read through the comments, the meme pictures and the psychopathic doxxing that has gone on ffbans for those few years you will be quick to realise that some of the players who didn't get banned and shamed are even worse as people than said banned players. It has shaped the community as is now where there are 0 morals and no consequences for being an objectively horrible person. You need to think about these things further than your own egos. Just because it would make you feel better to see some player who beat you banned on a wall of shame doesn't mean that it won't have other effects on the overall picture.

Also, most people who comment about my bans and my "cheating" are completely clueless about how things really happened and why I have said bans. They just repeat what other people have made up and spread which is false 9/10 times because they don't have a clue themselves to begin with. It's the only thing people can use against me and it's not even valid, they just like to believe it to be valid as they have nothing else to hold onto, but it's actually all false and made up.

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

It seems that you don't understand why APB's community has become so toxic then. It only takes you to actually scroll through a few bans (you can take mine for example) and read through the comments, the meme pictures and the psychopathic doxxing that has gone on ffbans for those few years you will be quick to realise that some of the players who didn't get banned and shamed are even worse as people than said banned players. It has shaped the community as is now where there are 0 morals and no consequences for being an objectively horrible person. You need to think about these things further than your own egos. Just because it would make you feel better to see some player who beat you banned on a wall of shame doesn't mean that it won't have other effects on the overall picture.

Also, most people who comment about my bans and my "cheating" are completely clueless about how things really happened and why I have said bans. They just repeat what other people have made up and spread which is false 9/10 times because they don't have a clue themselves to begin with. It's the only thing people can use against me and it's not even valid, they just like to believe it to be valid as they have nothing else to hold onto, but it's actually all false and made up.

I am not toxic (neither as a person nor as a player ) and certainly I am not judging you, but if you are a total dishonest a- -hole and close to me, I will make you suffer a lot, that's what I have always done especially in my workplace,  outside if I may avoid, I avoid..with my teeth togheter..

You may used cheat or being toxic in past, I dont care , but if now you are playing legit and being in the "good side" of the community, I am happy to have you as playmate or play against in game.

Toxic people there always will be, cheaters too, not just because there are only in APB, but because this is the mankind, and, backside from a PC u may see more the true colors of person... yep unfortunately as you told, not a lot take what they deserve.

I dont get it why you care so much for the opinion of toxic people o I suppose you dislike, you may just leave on something has the same worth of the rain on an asphalt roads.

Then if you have some complaints from your ban or you are telling us who banned you has made a error... now I guess it doesnt worth to discuss anymore.

Then again, if your problem is the next time they will ban youhypothetically, you dont want to read/ see the comments of some "angry birds", you may just suggest to remove the comment section, for avoiding useless flames.

That may be a  good idea and I like it.

Bye

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 1

It didn't help matters back then. It was just a way for cheat communities and silvers to jerk each other in the same space.

But it doesn't matter because they're not issuing bans for abusive players . Been reporting the same deathreating group for a few years now. G1 and LO don't care enough to take action.

Edited by SquirrelFace

that's apb reloaded unfair matchmaking, you can't do anything about it unless you de rank to bronze to stomp on noobs.

Due to the corona pandemic there's going to be guys that play the game 24/7 so good luck going against them and you can't tell who's cheating.

My advice is play and don't care, who ever you go against.

Edited by Deadliest