SmilyFace

apb.com and one more thing

Hey, Alisha here.

Since LO took over i have so many questions inside my head, but acvtually i am more curious about something announced back in August 2019.

Matt published a topic named "APB Brand and IP expanding in Asia".

The original link to it is this:

On the first sentence you can see he said that a group named Unit Game, have put on the website https://apb.com/.

Next he said "We basically realized that developing both APB Reloaded and APB2 was too much for us.", then "APB Reloaded is staying with Little Orbit" and then "Unit Game will spearhead a new game starting on mobile in Asia."

What does that mean?

I have couple questions for this.

--

1) While Matt himself said what you read above and into the topic he made, i can't understand something.. APB Reloaded is staying with Little Orbit, while as i imagine, APB2 (which is APB UE 4.0 / APB2 as new game) is going with the other group because the Australia team cannot make it, next you can find this "we lack mobile experience to expand the brand."

What he is trying to tell is that Unit Game will do a Mobile version of APB with UE 4.0?

If he was talking about the PC version of it, which will also be made (i suppose) by the same group, what's the point on selling and make that Another company/group make a version of APB, which will be different, but with the newest engine / an entire new game, couldn't LO hold APB2 with them and keep doing what they were? Maybe pay more attention to the actual 3.5?

2) Now i am more confused because APB2 which is theorically APB Unreal Engine 4.0 or an entire new game, is now called APB 2.1, which is going to be Beta pretty soon, but with Unreal Engine 3.5?

So.. why 2.1 UE 3.5 and the other one 2 UE 4.0 / entire new game?
Seems they messed up the names or the numbers somewhere.

3) "Unit Game will spearhead a new game starting on mobile in Asia."

Why on mobile when APB came out on PC literally 11 years ago?

Then why the words "new game"? Is it going to be called in a different way?

Because as i know you sold the Brand, so it should be called APB anyway, no? Am i wrong?

Another interesting thing is, why in Asia? 

What about US, UK, EU?

Yes, i know "starting on" but still, couldn't do Asia and EU for example?

4) "Unit Game is a Hong Kong based company that develop games with strong IP."

Firstly, is it a group or a company?

No one knows except LO

Second, that "company" develop games with strong IP, i am interested in knowing which popular games at this point.

Matt said that has been added by them later on, before the release of that press but still, we need to know which games, if there are any.

5) Who is behind that company?

The website is the same since the announcement, minor changes have been made but not important ones.

You can't find the company itself anywhere on Google, which is alredy a bit suspect.

The only way to find it's name is by visiting the links kind players of this community posted under the original topic.

We don't even know who is the CEO and how big is the team behind there.

This ipothetic company got founded back in June/July 2019, so, couple months before the actual announcement by LO.

I think this is pretty much straight forward, no? How can a company created few months before, have popular games and doesn't even have a own website, like LO?

The only "website" is the one related apb, which is not really a website but more a.. virtual library with the history of the game itself, which, alredy everyone knows.

--

I just want LO to be more open with us, with the community, also because there isn't nothing new about this, and im not talking about couple fixes, im talking about a big announcement.

I can understand with everything planned is a bit difficult, but we at least need some new infos on that, maybe also from someone from their team?

Im talking about Unit GameE, would be interesting.

Last point, Matt talked about making sure Little Orbit channels were more active, both YouTube and twitch, talking together, having fun also, interacting, but this never came to an actual progress.

Only in the last week they announced the Beta and finally Matt himself said that he will host a stream after others to (show?) maybe more and answer to our questions.

I hope that everyone will understand what i mean by saying all these things.

Good reading and can't wait to see the comments on what peoples think.

Final questions are:

What's BEYOND APB 3.5 and the things we know alredy?

What's the future of this game?

What are the plans LO is thinking to follow?

(PS i tried to get in touch with Unit Game but they never answered to me.)

Edited by AlishaAzure

unit games purchased the rights to the apb brand, while little orbit retains developmental and creative control over apb reloaded specifically 

there are no engine-related plans beyond 3.5 at this point afaik, and “apb 2.1” is just is just an internal build number not literally “apb 2”

iirc the emp grenade was always slated to come with the new contacts

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

APB2 which is theorically APB Unreal Engine 4.0, is now called APB 2.1, which is going to be Beta pretty soon, but with Unreal Engine 3.5?

n8pTgOX.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

unit games purchased the rights to the apb brand, while little orbit retains developmental and creative control over apb reloaded specifically 

there are no engine-related plans beyond 3.5 at this point afaik, and “apb 2.1” is just is just an internal build number not literally “apb 2”

iirc the emp grenade was always slated to come with the new contacts

Thanks for your comment.

But they didn't said "APB 4.0 will not happening", they just said "We basically realized that developing both APB Reloaded and APB2 was too much for us. The Australia team was struggling to get their head around the massive amounts of tech, and we lack mobile experience to expand the brand." that doesn't mean APB 4.0 isn't happening, that just tells you that they gave that part to UNIT GAME because their team can't struggle with it.

We didn't heard nothing anymore since all of this got announced, and until i hear something more and visually true about UNIT GAME, that company stays in the darkness.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

n8pTgOX.gif

Exact image of me thinking of that sentence before writing it x)

26 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

But they didn't said "APB 4.0 will not happening", they just said "We basically realized that developing both APB Reloaded and APB2 was too much for us. The Australia team was struggling to get their head around the massive amounts of tech, and we lack mobile experience to expand the brand." that doesn't mean APB 4.0 isn't happening, that just tells you that they gave that part to UNIT GAME because their team can't struggle with it.

That would be wrong.  That sentence is literally business speak for "We can't do this so we're going to shelve it until later."  No where does it state that LO GAVE Unit Game anything other than the rights to the core APB title.   LO could be sitting on what little data there is for UE4 regarding APB but it also could've been outright scrapped.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

That would be wrong.  That sentence is literally business speak for "We can't do this so we're going to shelve it until later."  No where does it state that LO GAVE Unit Game anything other than the rights to the core APB title.   LO could be sitting on what little data there is for UE4 regarding APB but it also could've been outright scrapped.

Thanks for your comment.

I know they dind't exactly said "we GAVE to unit game APB2", but they basically said "Hey, sorry, the australia team was struggling so we abandoned that project and will remain only with 3.5 at the end".

of course, if they didn't give anything other like you said to the other company, but at the same time they give up on UE 4.0, then is a scrapped abandoned plan which is not going to exist.

Technically, they said that but not directly.

I don't know their plans, but nobody except them do.

I would like anyway to have some explanations about all of this, and the other above.

1 minute ago, AlishaAzure said:

Thanks for your comment.

I know they dind't exactly said "we GAVE to unit game APB2", but they basically said "Hey, sorry, the australia team was struggling so we abandoned that project and will remain only with 3.5 at the end".

of course, if they didn't give anything other like you said to the other company, but at the same time they give up on UE 4.0, then is a scrapped abandoned plan which is not going to exist.

Technically, they said that but not directly.

I don't know their plans, but nobody except them do.

I would like anyway to have some explanations about all of this, and the other above.

It isn't that APB on UE4 isn't going to exist, its that managing two projects at once is too much, so they pushed it aside.  In some years LO might announce an engine upgrade to UE4 or even UE5 if that becomes a thing.  For the time being however, there is no work being done with the UE4 version of APB.

It'll no doubt happen since even APB 2.1 is running on depreciated stuff, get what you get though.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

It isn't that APB on UE4 isn't going to exist, its that managing two projects at once is too much, so they pushed it aside.  In some years LO might announce an engine upgrade to UE4 or even UE5 if that becomes a thing.  For the time being however, there is no work being done with the UE4 version of APB.

It'll no doubt happen since even APB 2.1 is running on depreciated stuff, get what you get though.

Mhm, indeed.

Thanks again for your response, i feel happy when i see interactions between the community.

3 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

What's BEYOND APB 3.5 and the things we know alredy?

What's the future of this game?

What are the plans LO is thinking to follow?

I think the answers of this questions depends on how popular the game will become after 2.1 is finished and live and how much money LO can get in the months after that.Probably after this things are cleared LO will answer this questions.I think even they have no idea where this game will go..

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

I think the answers of this questions depends on how popular the game will become after 2.1 is finished and live and how much money LO can get in the months after that.Probably after this things are cleared LO will answer this questions.I think even they have no idea where this game will go..

Thanks for your comment.

Agreed, is not easy to know the answers to this but is always fun and good to ask these and get some.. speculations and/or different points of view from peoples.

9 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Yes, i know "starting on" but still, couldn't do Asia and EU for example?

because if a mobile game wont do well in Asia, it wont be worth releasing in the west since mobile gaming in places like China is massive, with free to play titles with p2w mtx bringing in millions a day. 

9 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Last point, which is not about this argoment but still i think it must be in here as question.

What happened to the EMP Granade? > https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/7/23/content-update

Announced back in July into a blogpost with the 2 new contacts and never heard of it anymore.

Was it only for RIOT? Or was it a True Unlockable Reward to be implemented into the game?

the two contacts coming with 3.5 will give you the emp grenade as an unlockable at w/e level they decide to have it locked behind. it was made to counter carplaying, so it wouldnt really make much sense for it to be a RIOT-only weapon.

Edited by claude
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, claude said:

because if a mobile game wont do well in Asia, it wont be worth releasing in the west since mobile gaming in places like China is massive, with free to play titles with p2w mtx bringing in millions a day. 

the two contacts coming with 3.5 will give you the emp grenade as an unlockable at w/e level they decide to have it locked behind. it was made to counter carplaying, so it wouldnt really make much sense for it to be a RIOT-only weapon.

Thanks for your comment.

At the beginning i thought it was related to RIOT, but seeing from the prospective of the blogpost it wasn't indeed, or at least from what i've seen.

i am very curious on how it work visually.

5 hours ago, DragonWhiteThork said:

It wouldnt work...

Thanks for your comment.

What wouldn't work? APB on mobile?

Well.. always for me, it wouldn't do many differences since i don't play mobile games at all, only rarely, and if i play smth is not related to action/third person/shooting ones, i have my pc, i have both consoles.

Who would play on mobile these games? I mean.. yes, there are peoples who play them, but there are also many peopels abusing cheats using emulators with pc (pubg), and others.

Those games are totally f*cked on mobile, on that side.

10 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Thanks for your comment.

At the beginning i thought it was related to RIOT, but seeing from the prospective of the blogpost it wasn't indeed, or at least from what i've seen.

probably will work like how most emp nades work in other games, lets out an aoe EMP within 3-5 meters, disables mods and vehicles for (x) amount of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, claude said:

probably will work like how most emp nades work in other games, lets out an aoe EMP within 3-5 meters, disables mods and vehicles for (x) amount of time.

Yeah, they published some infos about that, still curious about the effects on the screen.

First the reason is why it's gonna be only in Asia probably is because mobile games are HUGE there. Its better that they go on with the 3.5 Engine instead of beginning all the way from scrap that gonna be a failure for sure.  And why should it be unreal engine 4.0 anyways. Unreal engine 3.5 is capable enough of making a decent looking game and optimized if done right. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 6:52 PM, AlishaAzure said:

Now i am more confused because APB2 which is theorically APB Unreal Engine 4.0, is now called APB 2.1, which is going to be Beta pretty soon, but with Unreal Engine 3.5?

So.. why 2.1 UE 3.5 and the other one 2 UE 4.0? is a bit confusing here the situation, seems they mixed the names or something happened during some changes.

APB 2.1 on 3.5 is the game client version. It's not a brand new IP.

APB2 which isn't nearly far enough to be worth of any speculation anyways would be a brand new IP in the series... if it ever manages to reach that status.

I don't believe in an APB 2 on UE4 until I see it. LO isn't Reloaded, but I still haven't forgotten APB Vendetta.

Only LO can really clear up whether we'll ever see an "APB2" on UE4 or not, so let's not fall back to groundless speculating like we did back in Reloaded.

The outlook for it doesn't seem very positive, so I'm not going to hold my breath until LO says black on white it's going to happen.

Whether APB2.1 runs on deprecated tech or not is something we'll have to see or hear from the devs.

An old engine isn't per say a bad Engine.

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gateron said:

First the reason is why it's gonna be only in Asia probably is because mobile games are HUGE there. Its better that they go on with the 3.5 Engine instead of beginning all the way from scrap that gonna be a failure for sure.  And why should it be unreal engine 4.0 anyways. Unreal engine 3.5 is capable enough of making a decent looking game and optimized if done right. 

Mhm, yeah, indeed.

They started the argoment with EU 4.0, not me x), im just asking what's happening and why we don't heard anything about all of this.

I trust in UE 3.5, but let's see.

39 minutes ago, Haganu said:

APB 2.1 on 3.5 is the game client version. It's not a brand new IP.

APB2 which isn't nearly far enough to be worth of any speculation anyways would be a brand new IP in the series... if it ever manages to reach that status.

I don't believe in an APB 2 on UE4 until I see it. LO isn't Reloaded, but I still haven't forgotten APB Vendetta.

Only LO can really clear up whether we'll ever see an "APB2" on UE4 or not, so let's not fall back to groundless speculating like we did back in Reloaded.

The outlook for it doesn't seem very positive, so I'm not going to hold my breath until LO says black on white it's going to happen.

Whether APB2.1 runs on deprecated tech or not is something we'll have to see or hear from the devs.

An old engine isn't per say a bad Engine.

APB 2.1 will be the engine upgrade one, APB2 isn't a brand new IP, matt said alredy ihe meant as APB UE 4.0, which was so far away to talk about, before scrap it away from the plans totally.

APB Vendetta, oh god please hahaha 😆, i can't forget that thing too.

No, an old engine is not per say a bad engine.

Agreed.

Thanks for both of your comments guys, i appreciate very much, i love talking.

Edited by AlishaAzure

31 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Mhm, yeah, indeed.

They started the argoment with EU 4.0, not me x), im just asking what's happening and why we don't heard anything about all of this.

I trust in UE 3.5, but let's see.

APB 2.1 will be the engine upgrade one, APB2 isn't a brand new IP, matt said alredy ihe meant as APB UE 4.0, which was so far away to talk about, before scrap it away from the plans totally.

APB Vendetta, oh god please hahaha 😆, i can't forget that thing too.

No, an old engine is not per say a bad engine.

Agreed.

Thanks for both of your comments guys, i appreciate very much, i love talking.

While the initial intention was for the game to be APB but on UE4, it first got pushed back to be more like a successor to APB, hence APB2. Like a new game in the same series.

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Haganu said:

While the initial intention was for the game to be APB but on UE4, it first got pushed back to be more like a successor to APB, hence APB2. Like a new game in the same series.

Mhm, strange Matt never said nothing like that.

4 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Mhm, strange Matt never said nothing like that.

I doubt there's anything official behind it at all, too. I don't have a clear memory of it either. I do remember this has been discussed and speculated though, so hearing something official on this would be great.

Still, my bad.

Edited by Haganu
maybe a spiritual successor wouldn't be too bad
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Haganu said:

I doubt there's anything official behind it at all, too. I don't have a clear memory of it either. I do remember this has been discussed and speculated though, so hearing something official on this would be great.

Still, my bad.

it was very briefly touched on in the second q&a, referring to the aussie team working on the transfer to ue4

That's exactly correct, we had loosely started thinking about APB2 or we had a team in Australia that was doing some work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

it was very briefly touched on in the second q&a, referring to the aussie team working on the transfer to ue4

Wow, i lost totally that sentence, how that happened.. well.. thank you very much for this.

Hopefully we can get some answers about everything else i explained in the first moment?

I wish we will before or after, im curious.

On 3/30/2020 at 4:46 PM, AlishaAzure said:

Thanks for your comment.

Thanks for your comment.

What wouldn't work? APB on mobile?

Well.. always for me, it wouldn't do many differences since i don't play mobile games at all, only rarely, and if i play smth is not related to action/third person/shooting ones, i have my pc, i have both consoles.

Who would play on mobile these games? I mean.. yes, there are peoples who play them, but there are also many peopels abusing cheats using emulators with pc (pubg), and others.

Those games are totally f*cked on mobile, on that side.

It wouldnt work cuz take Fortnite for instance. APB is a much more exhilarating games. Its a fast pace face palm situation where you really need to concentrate and that one wrong corner turn could mean the times and mission are over. If you put APB in a mobile, if the controller aren't good enough lets say, doing a quick switch or a drive by, you get what i'm saying yeah? It wouldn't work. But if some how they manage to put Mouse and Keyboard control onto APB mobile. It might just do it.