Sign in to follow this  
DeepLearningSuperSampling

Premium Extension Proof: silver (and gold-silvers) are the main player base.

These people are still the bell-curve of APB! They are not very vocal in-game. Most of them do not post on the forum. But, these are the main players of ABP!!! Matt your priests here will never agree but these are the people you should look at, These are the people you should 'listen' to!

Instead of looking at the outer edge of the bell-curve, at the exceptions, the OP people, you should look primary at the main player-base, the main group of APB and the Premium Extension is the proof: silver (and gold-silvers) are the main player-base of APB!! No doubt at all! Who would have guessed this unique moments of troubles would show this?! I am what I would call a lower echelons permanent gold but don't mind to say this: APB should focus on these people first and for-most. The main player-base. Still... the large group!

For starters; did you notice the recent change that got complained about a lot and by whom?!?!?!?! Yes!!!! Listen to them Matt or at least do not forget them when deciding on 'needed change'! What you are 'looking' for!!!

Be Safe.

• Thanks 2

Yes, please listen to me. Buff percs and don’t mess with Remote Detonator.

Those were my two silver cents, consider the game improved!

sadie-youre-welcome-gif.gif

• Like 2

4CKQq2v.jpg

(sry for crude colouring)

No shit that Silvers and Bronzes are the main playerbase of the game, but that does NOT mean they know play the game. They don't know how to balance the game via weapons or even spots/timing etc. They're here to have fun and spend money, not to be competitive. The don't choose meta weapons to win missions, they choose the garbage ARMAS weapons because they look/sound cool or powerful.

LO should 100% focus on weapons to make for these players, but whoever balances/creates the stats for these weapons should take the top x% of Golds opinion on how the gun should perform. LO can make skins/clothing for these Silvers/Bronzes to buy because it doesn't affect gameplay.

LO catering to Bronzes/Silvers will end with this game dying; FURTHER. I'll die on that hill.

Edited by iRawwwN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, iRawwwN said:

4CKQq2v.jpg

(sry for crude colouring)

No shit that Silvers and Bronzes are the main playerbase of the game, but that does NOT mean they know play the game. They don't know how to balance the game via weapons or even spots/timing etc. They're here to have fun and spend money, not to be competitive. The don't choose meta weapons to win missions, they choose the garbage ARMAS weapons because they look/sound cool or powerful.

LO should 100% focus on weapons to make for these players, but whoever balances/creates the stats for these weapons should take the top x% of Golds opinion on how the gun should perform. LO can make skins/clothing for these Silvers/Bronzes to buy because it doesn't affect gameplay.

LO catering to Bronzes/Silvers will end with this game dying; FURTHER. I'll die on that hill.

As to OP, it's silvers and bronze-silvers (not gold-silvers) who make up 80% of the long-suffering playerbase... and get throttled daily by golds who should play in silver but have more fun perma-griefing the bronze district with ogres, ursus and volcanos... and some really dodgy trainees and greens who... tbh may not be authentic accounts but act as an exploit to do nothing on a mission and worse, at last minute start tking to force the opponent win.

In any event... catering only to the smaller "gold" population... which wants to push premades, meta legendaries (all purchaseable with in-game money meaning cheat accounts monopolize the trading and price-fixing... and possible weapon duping such that it amounts to nothing but more exploit to push the envelope of the game to please the tiniest segment of the community possible... Let's be honest here... those players who actually spend cash on the game... and the majority playerbase should be the population listened to... and protected... by any game management company that wants to have a profitable business.

• Like 5

As I understand it, threat distribution in APB looks something like this.

qMkwd4O.png

Everyone's voice is being heard. New players, old players, green players, gold players, and everyone in between.

Just because your issue isn't being given the attention you think it deserves doesn't mean it wasn't heard.

Just because you don't get the change you want, doesn't mean no one cares.

Also, the only consistent thing about player opinions is inconsistency, and this is true regardless of threat.

To pretend all (insert color here) feel the same way about anything is to be dishonest.

On 3/29/2020 at 12:17 PM, Rebelliousness said:

meta legendaries

Honestly, that's the first time I've heard those words used together.

Meta is what its always been... f2p guns.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 3

Seriously though, they probably make up at least half of the playerbase, considering there's always a full bronze district with a few golds in them.

Sometimes I wonder what their idea about the game is.

But then I remember veterans like Todesklinge and would rather not want to know their input.

//Edit: 

55 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Not always.. scout and csg was super common when they had their overpowered phase. Also troublemaker.

But all that was before you started playing, so I forgive you. :)

Edited by GhosT
anti-emoji-converter filter
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

Not always.. scout and csg was super common when they had their overpowered phase. Also troublemaker.

But all that was before you started playing, so I forgive you. 🙂

remember when the troublemaker first released?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

meta legendaries

lol? I smoke some crazy-eye opening shit, but I want what you're having. Only two legendaries are worth having and can compete at a high level; Sitting Duck and Ursus. Neither of which are meta weapons?

5 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

and the majority playerbase should be the population listened to... and protected... by any game management company that wants to have a profitable business.

Nah, the ONLY people who need to be 'protected' by the company are NEW players. Players who are new to the game and are still figuring out the ins and outs of the game should be protected and have their hand held. Protecting garbage Silvers/piss-plated Golds only serves to hamper the game in the long run. Enjoy playing your Hello Kitty-type game if LO listens to Silvers/Bronzes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

As I understand it, threat distribution in APB looks something like this.

Gl9dTh7.png

Everyone's voice is being heard. New players, old players, green players, gold players, and everyone in between.

Just because your issue isn't being given the attention you think it deserves doesn't mean it wasn't heard.

Just because you don't get the change you want, doesn't mean no one cares.

Also, the only consistent thing about player opinions is inconsistency, and this is true regardless of threat.

To pretend all (insert color here) feel the same way about anything is to be dishonest.

Honestly, that's the first time I've heard those words used together.

except for current URSUS, OGRE, and previously duck/scout. There are some "meta" type weapons in the legendary field. Though most are not meta.

Then ofc as ghost said, CSG, C2, ATAC, and such when they first came out.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Competitive focused games should consider those who play at the upper competitive ranges. Regardless of if this is actually the majority of the player base or not.

Weird opinion, I know.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

lol? I smoke some crazy-eye opening shit, but I want what you're having. Only two legendaries are worth having and can compete at a high level; Sitting Duck and Ursus. Neither of which are meta weapons?

That ursus is kingkong rn... it's devastating in close, medium and sharpshooter range... it needs some desperate balancing since... almost every gold griefing bronze district has one... and full team with volcanos and ogres... while most of the people on bronze district they match against with stacked teams have stars or ntecs, great guns in their own right but... not competitive with the meta legendaries or the Gold-trollers.

12 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Competitive focused games should consider those who play at the upper competitive ranges. Regardless of if this is actually the majority of the player base or not.

Weird opinion, I know.

not even weird honestly..

in certain areas making choices that neglect the majority of the population if it means making the game appeal to the masses and bringing in more players in the long run makes sense

Edited by swindIe

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Weird opinion, I know.

If you want to keep the main playerbase... you will center the game on their needs. If you want to empower veteran players in their extermination of the playerbase game, you will ofc cater to 'them.'

Just now, Rebelliousness said:

If you want to keep the main playerbase... you will center the game on their needs. If you want to empower veteran players in their extermination of the playerbase game, you will ofc cater to 'them.'

People always use that excuse when in actuality it is highly dependent on the game in question. Some games have thrived with that mindset, such as Siege, while others have been killed by it. To not even take it in to consideration is just stupidity.

10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Weird opinion, I know.

Precisely this. And lesser players should focus on getting better at said competitive game. That's how it is in every other competitive focused game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebelliousness said:

with volcanos and ogres

Every time you bring up the True Ogre, you lose more credibility.

1 hour ago, Rebelliousness said:

stars or ntecs, great guns in their own right but... not competitive with the meta legendaries

Never mind, you have none left.

• Like 2

As if APB is a competitive game. Maybe to a certain circlejerk of people who try to outcheat each other for several years already.

Dislikes printer go brrrr

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Weird opinion, I know.

Too bad that APB has never been a competitive focused game, and will never be.

• Like 4

Pvp is in itself competitive. There can be no pvp without competitiveness. Thats the whole point of playing vs another player.

And APB is majorly designed as a pvp game. Even pve elements can be interrupted by pvp. Now, what is debatable is whether this competitiveness is balanced.

Can't handle that? Play coop or single player... very simple.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

1 hour ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Pvp is in itself competitive. There can be no pvp without competitiveness. Thats the whole point of playing vs another player.

And APB is majorly designed as a pvp game. Even pve elements can be interrupted by pvp. Now, what is debatable is whether this competitiveness is balanced.

Can't handle that? Play coop or single player... very simple.

Could you try to overreach even more? It's obvious what the context is here.

But no, pvp doesn't necessarily mean it's competitive, otherwise you won't hear people say "I play xxx competitively". And when people do, the game has something that makes it possible. APB doesn't.

End of story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sayori said:

Could you try to overreach even more? It's obvious what the context is here.

Whether you like it or not, APB is a competitive game. Two players PvP'ing each other, both trying to COMPETE and WIN. It might have the Open World aspect and might be more random than other games, but there is STILL a competitive edge to the game.

5 hours ago, Sayori said:

Maybe to a certain circlejerk of people who try to outcheat each other for several years already.

Not everyone is cheating. ?_? Maybe take the time to learn the game and you'll see.

Any pvp game should be balanced only based on the top 1% or even less because every other player should strive to get there cuz that's what the "true" way the game is played looks like.

2 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

Whether you like it or not, APB is a competitive game. Two players PvP'ing each other, both trying to COMPETE and WIN. It might have the Open World aspect and might be more random than other games, but there is STILL a competitive edge to the game.

Not everyone is cheating. ?_? Maybe take the time to learn the game and you'll see.

IF APB was competitive, there'd be leaderboards, leagues, competitive clan systems, and many more systems in place for people to strive to be better. Just because 2 people pvp doesn't mean people are trying to win, I legit lose on purpose against newbies at times, just pvp doesnt make stuff competitive. There's a number of people who play for fun, not winning.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this