WaIeed007

Bots In APB For New Players

I don't know if this is a good idea or not but, What if there were bots in the game? The bots only get matched against people who are below rank 35 so that new players don't immediately uninstall the game after downloading. The bots can have the following characteristics:
-they do not show in district's population
-They can only use STAR 556 or JG shotgun
-They all wear the same clothes
-They kill you in 10 seconds (if you don't kill them)
-They can do the objectives
If one player below rank 35 (no group) presses K then he gets matched against 1 Bot.
if 2 players are in  a group and both are below rank 35 then they get matched against 2 Bots.
Q-What if youre a rank 255 gold and your new friend is a trainne/ below rank 35?
A: Well then wait till he gets to rank 35, wont take more than a few hours OR You can play with him but he'll get discouraged and frustrated if he fights veterans with great weapons.
I haven't given this much thought it might be the dumbest idea ever but i dunno it might be good, just want to get it out there.
Atleast you'll discover many things about the game and get some practice before fighting real great players right? This is probably better than pressing k and fighting against atacs on your first mission.
just a suggestion maybe you can implement this after the engine update and other important things.

Edited by Artorius_

The short answer is that there will never be AI in this game, and giving new players AI to play against sets them up for bigger failure because good performance against bots *never* yields good performance against players.

The longer answer is AI is hard. Like, really hard. Just about every game out there cheats with their AI by making them stronger than the player, telling them exactly where to go or in the case of the "AI" already in the game, have them only move on strict paths.

All of APB's maps have no work done to make combat AI work, and a lot of APB's areas use verticality to some degree, something that even the best AIs have huge problems using effectively. Not to mention that APB is a multiplayer game, which means APB's servers would need to process all bots, otherwise 2 different players could see 2 different things, which is bad. Even if the servers could handle AI, LO would be looking at months, if not years of development work to even hope to get rudimentary AI into the game.

• Like 1

Would be much better for new players and players that have a lower threat-level (i.e. bronze) if dethreatening would not be possible or if a player gets to gold threat level he is allowed to finish the current mission and then is automatically spawned to a gold district (without the ability to immediately de-threat again). Gold-districts are almost always empty and one encounters hundreds of "silver" and golds in bronze districts, shredding lower-threat and new players.

Another option would be to disable a de-threater's character mods, car mods and weapon mods automatically (there has to be a way to check if someone does this on a regular base) if he enters a lower level district, giving the population there a chance.

Edited by StevenDeckard
  • Like 1

I think adding bots in a district will all kinda of players isin't a good idea, but instead, when a new player comes to the game, he will play the first time versus bots, in a "offline" district (only him and the bots), with that will be easier for player to understand the game mechanics and how the game works.

With this, the new players won't be frustrated playing versus veterans and immediately uninstall the game.

Edited by Vasco14
  • Like 1

What if....when you turn gold in a bronze district, you get a timer "You are going to be kicked to silver/gold district in 2m 30 sec" or Spend 150k to play in bronze district for another 2 hours (And nobody will spend 150k cuz it aint worth it). And When you turn gold you dont get your silver threat back (even if you play bad) until 2 hours. Then you can play and have fun and not worry about turning to green in silver district because thats ONE of the biggest issue for ppl who dont play in silver district. And When you turn silver you cant become gold/bronze until 2 hours, Your threat will only be affected by how you play after 2 hours.
This will fix dethreating
And probably fix hardcore veterans playing in bronze district issue.
And matchmaking..alot.
(Sry for my bad English tho im not american/british/canadian/australian/anyenglishcountry)

• Like 1

@Artorius_ - The timer idea and having to shell out cash a huge amount of cash to remain (would even say having to pay that fine per mission and getting 95% less payout - although I still think auto-moving golds to a gold district is the best solution, since the pay-option would not deter griefers) as well as the inability to dethreat for a longer period - here I would suggest something more like for example 12 hours or even 24 hours - are a good ideas and should definitely help to get the situation under control. Had three matches in a row yesterday against those kind of players and it was an absolute nightmare - any new player would immediately uninstall the game after that, since such matches are no fun at all for anyone.

• Like 1