Sign in to follow this  
Rehtaelle

Unpopular Opinion, but I Want to Get it Out There.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I had a feeling you didn't really know what you were talking about, and this confirmed that suspicion.

I'd ask exactly what you're driving at, but I'm sure the answer would be unproductive. Is the issue that I use a sniper rifle up close when need be? Or that I'm someone who enjoys the usage of percs?

2 minutes ago, Rehtaelle said:

Is the issue that I use a sniper rifle up close when need be? Or that I'm someone who enjoys the usage of percs?

Sorry, the issue is that you think HVR perc CQC is an actual viable strategy like... ever.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry, the issue is that you think HVR perc CQC is an actual viable strategy like... ever.

I don't go charging in with it if that's what you're thinking. I use it when someone is flanking my position with a CQC weapon. If I'm down the street, in an alley, on a flankable roof, etc, it's a fast way of dealing with the problem.

I'm not good with target tracking, up close or long range. I'm a flick-aimer by nature.

Edited by Rehtaelle

1 minute ago, Rehtaelle said:

it's a fast way of dealing with the problem

It's not, but you do you.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

It's not, but you do you.

It's vastly faster than landing a shot with my sniper, then switching to my secondary for the finish, and it's certainly safer/ easier than trying to use my pistol to take on a shotty/ SMG.

Peek -> Tap -> Perc

Problem solved, back to business.

20 minutes ago, Rehtaelle said:

It's vastly faster than landing a shot with my sniper, then switching to my secondary for the finish, and it's certainly safer/ easier than trying to use my pistol to take on a shotty/ SMG.

Peek -> Tap -> Perc

Y'all bronze district players are wild, man.

if it works it works.

Given that you want explosives removed outright, I can see where your opinion lies, so you know. You do you.

28 minutes ago, Rehtaelle said:

Peek -> Tap -> Perc

what???

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

what???

What's the confusion here? The grenade comes out faster than refiring the rifle or trying to switch guns, and one shot from the rifle requires absolute minimum exposure, then the instant blast of the perc delivers the killing blow. If I have time to pistol-switch I will, but someone hauling patootie at me from my flank isn't there to play chicken.

The method tends to piss people off more often than not, but hey, if it makes teams ignore the objectives just because they'd rather try to hunt me down for revenge, that's a win in my eyes. (And the angry whispers are quite delicious btw.)

That said, this is starting to get wildly off topic. (My fault included)

12 minutes ago, Rehtaelle said:

What's the confusion here? The grenade comes out faster than refiring the rifle or trying to switch guns, and one shot from the rifle requires absolute minimum exposure, then the instant blast of the perc delivers the killing blow. If I have time to pistol-switch I will, but someone hauling patootie at me from my flank isn't there to play chicken.

The method tends to piss people off more often than not, but hey, if it makes teams ignore the objectives just because they'd rather try to hunt me down for revenge, that's a win in my eyes. (And the angry whispers are quite delicious btw.)

That said, this is starting to get wildly off topic. (My fault included)

while in theory that sounds good , it isn't better than other methods.

that's why I'm confused that you are making harder for yourself.

unless your only goal is to distract , then its not as good at it seems to you , which is why most do not even consider it.

while in theory that sounds good , it isn't better than other methods.

that's why I'm confused that you are making harder for yourself.

unless your only goal is to distract , then its not as good at it seems to you , which is why most do not even consider it.

A conversation worth having, but this thread has gotten rather far from its main purpose, so let's try and return to it if possible.

36 minutes ago, Rehtaelle said:

Given that you want explosives removed outright, I can see where your opinion lies, so you know. You do you.

ZSGwAxh.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rehtaelle said:

A conversation worth having, but this thread has gotten rather far from its main purpose, so let's try and return to it if possible.

sure.

if a new game mode/whatever had it setup the way you were talking about , then why would they need to take peoples weapons away when they could disable what players own for doing that.

sure.

if a new game mode/whatever had it setup the way you were talking about , then why would they need to take peoples weapons away when they could disable what players own for doing that.

I think something may have been lost in translation. I would like explosives to be provided for an existing mission objective, not a new mode. To eliminate the issue of the have-nots being unable to hold off objective vehicles. It's very late/ early in the morning and I need some sleep, so I'll cover it more tomorrow/ later today.

12 hours ago, Solamente said:

op is suggesting that rocket launchers are removed as primary weapons, so it would be taken away

not if you have the option to replace the default OSMAW "spawn" with the volcano? wouldnt make sense for them to completely take it out of the game, but if you were to make explosives pickup only, this would probably be the way to do it.

24 minutes ago, claude said:

not if you have the option to replace the default OSMAW "spawn" with the volcano? wouldnt make sense for them to completely take it out of the game, but if you were to make explosives pickup only, this would probably be the way to do it.

That is certainly a viable option, but it then raises the question on whether or not launchers are considered a tool or an actual weapon. At this point, their purpose would be destruction, not kills, despite there being some overlap in this case. It's just simply a tricky matter of how do you not have practically robbed all the people who both earned/ bought their launchers while creating a system which makes them easier to obtain/use.

The real root of the problem here is ultimately the vehicles as they pertain to objectives, and while on paper it would seem like a better fix would be to simply adjust the objectives, that would be treating the symptoms, not the cause.

7 hours ago, Rehtaelle said:

I think something may have been lost in translation. I would like explosives to be provided for an existing mission objective, not a new mode.

yeah a new game mode/whatever means whatever is implied lol

sleep well

I'll admit, I was expecting this to get downvoted into the dirt, but I guess I'm not as alone as I thought.

Yeah, lets make APB even less diverse and fun than the recent patches from the "veteran crew", which literally almost killed the game. Yeah right before the corona crisis, the apb pop was lower than it has EVER been before. I guess Corona "saved" APB, while it's no fun and no joke for the world, at least for APB it did "something".

The recent patches already made JG corner camping 10x more effective by removing the ability to restock grenades easily for corner clearing during mission gameplay or even using explosives as a primary, cus "hey, yo, fk ur ammo crates^^, fire your 6 opgl nades and then suck it hohoho". Cus' so many players was using this "overpowered explosives" as primaries am-i-rite? hahaah, yeah, like 0.5% .. but hey, lets nerf it, cus we wear black hoodies and only use JG and PMG luls.

Corner camping has immense advantage in a 3rd person view game as APB where you can hold a corner without having to expose yourself. Grenades and explosives in general is supposed to be the counter to people refusing to leave corners/push/move around. Instead you get this certain crew trying to remove explosives entirely so their corner camping playstyle can be the BE-ALL-END-ALL, adapt or quit luls.

How about git-gud and if you can't beat an opgl user, you probably suck, otherwise there would be just as many OPGL users as there are right now JG and PMG spammers:)
Thx for a nice patch nerfing nfas to the ground, it really changed "a lot" now 90% of the playlist in FC uses PMG and JGs lol, beautiful balance again from the "veteran crew".
@MattScott
you honestly should start listening to some other players than the same ones with their identical playstyles and lack of respect for anything else in the game.
At least start using your numbers that you like to bring up.... how about looking at % of explosive primary users and wondering then why your SPCT crew keeps trying to get you to nerf it, despite there being like less than 1% usage? Meantime, take a look at JG, PMG, NTEC usage stats? especially JG.... cmon, use the numbers instead of listening to fools trying to turn your game into CS:GO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Yeah, lets make APB even less diverse and fun than the recent patches from the "veteran crew", which literally almost killed the game. Yeah right before the corona crisis, the apb pop was lower than it has EVER been before. I guess Corona "saved" APB, while it's no fun and no joke for the world, at least for APB it did "something".

The recent patches already made JG corner camping 10x more effective by removing the ability to restock grenades easily for corner clearing during mission gameplay or even using explosives as a primary, cus "hey, yo, fk ur ammo crates^^, fire your 6 opgl nades and then suck it hohoho". Cus' so many players was using this "overpowered explosives" as primaries am-i-rite? hahaah, yeah, like 0.5% .. but hey, lets nerf it, cus we wear black hoodies and only use JG and PMG luls.

Corner camping has immense advantage in a 3rd person view game as APB where you can hold a corner without having to expose yourself. Grenades and explosives in general is supposed to be the counter to people refusing to leave corners/push/move around. Instead you get this certain crew trying to remove explosives entirely so their corner camping playstyle can be the BE-ALL-END-ALL, adapt or quit luls.

How about git-gud and if you can't beat an opgl user, you probably suck, otherwise there would be just as many OPGL users as there are right now JG and PMG spammers:)
Thx for a nice patch nerfing nfas to the ground, it really changed "a lot" now 90% of the playlist in FC uses PMG and JGs lol, beautiful balance again from the "veteran crew".
@MattScott
you honestly should start listening to some other players than the same ones with their identical playstyles and lack of respect for anything else in the game.
At least start using your numbers that you like to bring up.... how about looking at % of explosive primary users and wondering then why your SPCT crew keeps trying to get you to nerf it, despite there being like less than 1% usage? Meantime, take a look at JG, PMG, NTEC usage stats? especially JG.... cmon, use the numbers instead of listening to fools trying to turn your game into CS:GO.

I promise you are vastly overestimating the influence SPCT has, while also underestimating the influence you and everyone else on the forum has. The folks at LO do what they think is best based on all the input they get.

I'm telling you man, that's the truth.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tigrix said:

If that's directed at me, the problem isn't at all that I can't *beat* a launcher, it's that they seriously rip away the cover aspect of a cover based game, as well as provide far more AV power than other players have access to, especially early on.

My desire is that everyone have a fair shot at stopping vehicle deliveries no matter where they are in progression, or how much they've paid. The ALIG argument holds up only on paper. Even getting a huge lead on the delivery vehicle with an ALIG encampment, the damage output just outright isn't high enough to stop many vehicles, either because they're too fast to get out enough rounds from the ALIG, or they're so tanky that the ALIG just can't do it. And that's assuming you had time to get the ALIG out and get set up in the right place. And even then, the ALIG can be hard to use consistently with its accuracy drop. You can't even use the argument to burst fire it because the entire point is that you need as many rounds down field as possible, and the thing is so damn slow that bursting hardly exists anyway. You NEED mods on it for it to be practical as an AV weapon against cars that are trying to blitz past you, which as I mentioned before, isn't a thing if you're fresh to the game.

New players being at a disgusting disadvantage is what keeps people from sticking around. It's easy to write off this game as P2W because at the start of the game, it technically is. You can outright buy gear that are objectively better than your own, even if it's just by a tiny bit.

15 minutes ago, Rehtaelle said:

The ALIG argument holds up only on paper. Even getting a huge lead on the delivery vehicle with an ALIG encampment, the damage output just outright isn't high enough to stop many vehicles, either because they're too fast to get out enough rounds from the ALIG, or they're so tanky that the ALIG just can't do it. And that's assuming you had time to get the ALIG out and get set up in the right place. And even then, the ALIG can be hard to use consistently with its accuracy drop. You can't even use the argument to burst fire it because the entire point is that you need as many rounds down field as possible, and the thing is so damn slow that bursting hardly exists anyway. You NEED mods on it for it to be practical as an AV weapon against cars that are trying to blitz past you, which as I mentioned before, isn't a thing if you're fresh to the game

in the time it takes for an opgl to launch and detonate one grenade the alig puts out enough hard damage to destroy any player vehicle in the game, it’s almost a 4:1 ratio

a single opgl grenade isn’t enough to destroy any player vehicles and the opgl is way harder to use effectively, especially against moving targets

the only place the alig “argument” falters (not fails) is when permanent weapons are brought up because most new players won’t know enough to choose it as their tutorial reward, the best fix for that would be proper ingame stats

Edited by Solamente
typo

4 minutes ago, Solamente said:

in the time it takes for an opgl to launch and detonate one grenade the alig puts out enough hard damage to destroy any player vehicle in the game, it’s almost a 4:1 ratio

The OPGL was never meant to factor into the main conversation, so that's my bad. I had mentioned the ALIG in relation to the lineup of rocket launchers and their respective role in AV effectiveness. As for the OPGL, it's hard to say that either that or the ALIG are versatile weapons, though I would personally consider the OPGL to be more "versatile" in that it can combat players in a way that other weapons cannot, while still being effective against armor, whilst the ALIG is reasonably effective against both, it's just the ALIG has... Well, you know its limitations by now. Great of a gun as it is, there are still limitations.

Sign in to follow this