Whoever have a powerful PC and want to help combat this horrible virus by donating unused both CPU and GPU power, check the video below and join the Linus Tech Tips Team.

All instructions on how to download and run it wil lbe into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU4qOebhkfs

PS im actually using it since 4 days now.

It shouldn't only be for the current pandemic, but it's also used for a lot of other diseases. 

Donating spare compute cycles to help progress is a nice thing. 

I've been doing it since early may 2018 and these are the kinds of 'points' you can get to if you just let it run overnight/while you're not using it.

dryZamO.png

As mentioned in the video keep in mind that the massive increase in users has the downside of bottlenecking their servers to the point they can't always accept/give out work units.

Though as they mention on their forums they are in the process of upgrading a lot of the servers/infrastructure.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

It shouldn't only be for the current pandemic, but it's also used for a lot of other diseases. 

Donating spare compute cycles to help progress is a nice thing. 

I've been doing it since early may 2018 and these are the kinds of 'points' you can get to if you just let it run overnight/while you're not using it.

dryZamO.png

As mentioned in the video keep in mind that the massive increase in users has the downside of bottlenecking their servers to the point they can't always accept/give out work units.

Though as they mention on their forums they are in the process of upgrading a lot of the servers/infrastructure.

Im happy to see the world together.

I love these type of things honestly.

I know it's used for other things like cancer, parkinson etc.

I've been used it since early 2019.

Don't do this unless you want to destroy the lifespan of your GPUs, etc.

39 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Don't do this unless you want to destroy the lifespan of your GPUs, etc.

if you don't know how to do it and you don't trust just do it, but don't talk about things you don't know.

Always complaining, pf.

This topic has been closed as per OP's request.

~@mayii