maldar

Arrest Not Counting

At 1st I thought I must have not waited for the timer to complete, but this has happened to me at least 3 times. The most recently just now. I went back to the Crim and tried to Arrest them again, since that can be done if you mess up, but they were handcuffed. Has anyone else seen this?

Yes - our clan members and myself have experienced the same issues with arrest not counting (even though none of the arrested suspects were freed by fellow criminals). This is very weird.

Also - this may be an related issue - any arrests made during "open world crime" missions (when enforces witness crimes in progress) do not seem to be counted towards one's cop rank level.

Edited by StevenDeckard

This isn't really a bug, as far as I'm aware, but a way to prevent people farming arrests. Re-arresting rescued players has never counted, and it should stay that way imo. 

I agree, if an arrested criminal is freed it should not count as an arrest! But, like I tried to explain, it sometimes does not seem to count arrests even though the arrested was NOT freed by a fellow criminal. As the majority of members in our little cop clan tries to arrest criminals instead of killing them, we did notice that something seemed to be off with arrests for a while now.

A second issue is that cops are not able to activate (witness) open world crime missions from inside their cars (this was definitely something that was possible a few years ago). That said having to jump out of the car to activate a mission against a suspect is only a minor inconvenience, even though it is now more likely that a cop misses the small time window allowed for activation.

12 minutes ago, StevenDeckard said:

I agree, if an arrested criminal is freed it should not count as an arrest! But, like I tried to explain, it sometimes does not seem to count arrests even though the arrested was NOT freed by a fellow criminal. As the majority of members in our little cop clan tries to arrest criminals instead of killing them, we did notice that something seemed to be off with arrests for a while now.

Are these arrests part of wtness missions? 

If so, that also explains that. Those matches don't allow role progression as a way to prevent easy farming of roles. That's been like that for a lot of years already

Arresting is a reward for winning up-hill battles with under-powered loadouts. Occasionally rewarding player-excellence with nothing just because farming cop and saviour roles could happen is just forwarding nonsense (more sub-meta weapons from the former and a universal key from the latter that is never needed because freeing arrested criminals is as fast as cuffmate 4 due to half-assed game design). This is just completely uncalled for.

On the other hand though, let us disable heat-5 in missions to 'not be unjust' towards PMG and meta-plebs.. FeelsFruitfullMan

@Kevkof - the not-registering arrests happened during normal missions.

I get that there should be rules in place to prevent "farming", but to be honest I do not really see why "open world crime arrests" are not counted towards roles, especially since it does take quite an effort to actually patrol the streets and look for crime happening. The way it is set up now is that people who like to roleplay cops are practically punished, since their efforts are not counted. It makes even less sense, if those cops do not use any character mods or weapon mods, carry no special equipment (i.e. cuffmates) and only use normal Less-Than-Lethal weapons - my standard loadout for example is: the starting "Obeya" pistol, the first Less-Than-Lethal "Stabba – CCG" one is able to get and 2 stun grenades. I do not even use any car mods in the squad cars I use or that are issued to our members! Why? Well all to make it as fair as possible, regardless of who you encounter (this usually means one can easily be taken out by any criminal, even with "only" starter equipment and/or escape with ordinary vehicles).

While on the issue most of our clan would love to see more pursuits happening and maybe have missions specifically involving those (without artificially slowing down the suspects car!). It is loads more fun having to try to catch up to a good driver or having to try to set up roadblocks - but sadly all of this does not happen very often.

• Thanks 1