Sign in to follow this  
Alani

When did they remove the N5/P5 showing on map?

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

3D wallhack for the entire opposing team is the balance in my proposal

There is no good reason a bounty should be able to interfere in missions they are not a part of.

If you ALSO want to make bounties killable by out of mission players, fine. But I think the VIP treatment would be enough.

That sounds like it could work but won't.  Reason being is that often times the defenders location is already known, they are usually camping one or multiple spots the lesser team can not reach without dying.  An example of this are certain roof tops with only 1-2 ways up or trying to grab an item dropped on a ledge which requires multiple jumps and a long walk following an exposed route (you know the locations I'm talking about).

Knowing the oppositions location is meaningless when you already know where they are but can't kill them because of where they are camping, out class or out skill the lesser team.

Outside forces who can't be stopped by the rest of the overly dominating team gives the lesser team a chance to advance the round.

RTW knew that having a tiny 50/50 district would create balance issues between teams because it is too small a pool to create balanced games all the time.  Eventually one team would utterly dominate a lesser team which is why they created the bounty system.  It is to take out the player who is disproportionately killing players and completing objectives versus dying.

Edited by illgot

On 3/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, Alani said:

I understood removing it for randoms to ruin missions, but it also served as a balance to prevent people from simply being 'too good' by showing their location.

But yes removing a feature is good idea. Way to add features to the game through removal instead of creating new ones.

:^)

They wited for you to leave and took the wong decisions by themselves again... making further the game souless ;^)

ah god we did it anyways

n5/p5 was not solely based on current mission performance and the debatable "balancing" that occurs when one team is dominating isn't worth the frustration of dealing with n5/p5 while not dominating, or even while being dominated

also there's absolutely no balance involved when a random uninvolved bounty interferes with your mission

I can remember all the poor low rank golds and silvers that sometimes get N5 somehow, probably dont even know what it is half of the time and getting blasted out of the blue by someone out of the mission. 

Id prefer it if it still showed on the minimap, but, without the ability for some random to come out of mission and kill you. That's not fun. 

4 hours ago, Solamente said:

ah god we did it anyways

n5/p5 was not solely based on current mission performance and the debatable "balancing" that occurs when one team is dominating isn't worth the frustration of dealing with n5/p5 while not dominating, or even while being dominated

also there's absolutely no balance involved when a random uninvolved bounty interferes with your mission

That is great point.  N5/P5 should have reset to N4/P4 at the end of every match and be slightly harder to hit N5/P5 so the previously dominating match didn't have as great of effect on the next match.  There were more than a few times I was peaking at N5/P5 and almost immediately went bounty in the first round due to the previous match being against people way below my skill level.

The only people who wanted this removed were good players. It was a great balancing feature. Now it makes no sense.

31 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

The only people who wanted this removed were good players. It was a great balancing feature. Now it makes no sense.

I don’t think you understand what balance means, but in any case, this isn’t permanent.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I don’t think you understand what balance means, but in any case, this isn’t permanent.

The fact that a team is steamrolling another team, the good players get a bounty, in which its open season on them for a short amount of time. Allowing the other team to gain a little bit of an advantage and even the odds somewhat.

16 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

The fact that a team is steamrolling another team, the good players get a bounty, in which its open season on them for a short amount of time. Allowing the other team to gain a little bit of an advantage and even the odds somewhat.

Everyone leaves out the part where it allows N/P 5 players to fuck up anyone's mission they want.

bAlAnCe

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

perhaps we have different definitions of “steamrolling” but if a team is being ground into dust so badly, instead of hoping for a lucky bounty situation shouldn’t the optimal solution be ending the mission as soon as possible so that both parties can get more equal opp?

I agree that P5/N5 added balance to missions.

I also agree that P5/N5 shouldn't be able to interfere with other missions.

I think a good solution is this:

P/N 5s get their map markers back

P/N 5s are able to be killed by anyone in their mission, and anyone out-of-mission on the opposing faction

P/N 5s can kill anyone in their mission, and anyone out-of-mission on the opposing faction

As much as I liked the old version, there were a lot of people who would kill members of their own faction not in the mission to lose P/N5, and also members of the faction who would kill their own P/N5s, which was really a slap in the balls. I feel this strikes a good balance between the days of old (I miss Crim bounties being an every man for himself) and the current "system".

19 hours ago, DeepLearningSuperSampling said:

"Cry cry cry I don't want to play APB so change APB because APB is the only place where my private stuff runs".

Bruh, we talk about bad change so what are you on?

On 3/24/2020 at 7:54 AM, CookiePuss said:

hot take:

all N5/P5 should do is put the VIP marker thing above your head until your opp kills you

ii should not let out of mission players kill you

it should not let you kill out of mission players

it should not have any effect once the match ends

Don't @ me

This. And i also think N5/P5 should be shown in the map, but as a recognition to a player whos on a rampage. Its not so different from a Killing Spree announcement on CounterStrike or LoL.

Sign in to follow this