Sign in to follow this  
Alani

When did they remove the N5/P5 showing on map?

I understood removing it for randoms to ruin missions, but it also served as a balance to prevent people from simply being 'too good' by showing their location.

But yes removing a feature is good idea. Way to add features to the game through removal instead of creating new ones.

:^)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

i don’t want to do this again

shortly after they disabled N5/P5 from being killed by people outside the mission.

I can't wait for Spotter-mod to be removed as well, since it is far more broken.

• Like 3

i hope we can get to hunt N5 and P5 was always fun hunting them down or trying to survive. Also The spotter mod is not broken.

• Like 4

It's a confusing system that doesn't make any sense anymore.

It was fine the way it was before, except for competitive players. But let's face it, APB isn't a competitive game and was never intended to be one.

But yes, removing features that were unique to APB will surely revive it. Wonder when we can phase through eachothers cars or everyone simply disappears when we're in missions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

It was fine the way it was before, except for competitive players. But let's face it, APB isn't a competitive game and was never intended to be one.

But yes, removing features that were unique to APB will surely revive it. Wonder when we can phase through eachothers cars or everyone simply disappears when we're in missions.

at that point just call it GTA online but not GTA online because APB did it first!

lol

10 minutes ago, Alani said:

at that point just call it GTA online but not GTA online because APB did it first!

lol

Can we stop comparing a PVE game with PVP elements to APB?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

Wonder when we can phase through eachothers cars or everyone simply disappears when we're in missions.

God, after the changes to Bounty I can actually see this* happening and that worries me a hell lot. I hope they dont try to make APB a competitive game so much that it ends up being Generic Shooter #412 with its only "unique/rare" perks being that
-it's third person (not that rare I know)
-it has customization
-it's dead

*And other things such as headshots/bodyshots/limbshots, scopes, getting slowed down when shot at, etc; I'm not saying those are bad features to a game but I like it that apb is not like 99% of shooters and has an RNG element to it

• Thanks 1

How dare a game have wonky mechanics that align with world building!

From what I see, N5/P5 still showing up in district, (not sure about the map view),

and as confusing as this change has been, I faltered to my lesser instincts and have been attacking ALL N5's through out the districts.

In mission or not.

My sirens blaring as I chase down the nefarious N5 scrub.

I may not be able to shoot them, but I will do what I can to remove that "Badge of Honor" from their tag.

God bless you.

giphy.gif

Edited by Westford

On 3/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, GhosT said:

Faux Golds complained that they lost a round after pounding their bronze enemies into the ground.  It wasn't fair they could drop down into the bronze servers and own their enemy so they had a 20/0 K/O and then some random show up and "ruin" the whole game for them!!

• Like 1

I can understand P5/N5 being phased out when either bounty or chaser is in missions but outside missions?

Saw already shitton of looters going P5/N5 which don't care that they are N5 at all.

I as well didn't felt threatened when I dropped off stolen cars and got pretty fat cash stack.

I don't think that was intention of this change?

the amount of people ok with them removing features of the game is pretty depressing

just tells u they dont care about being unique or anything and just want the game to last long enough for them to enjoy before it dies.

P5/N5 literally prevented people who were good to stay in one spot while their location was shown on the map. It was also seen as a way to keep people out of cheesy spots because everyone knew where they were and could prevent themselves from getting ambushed by someone hiding in the same spot constantly. instead everyone wants to pretend it was a bad feature when no one ever fucking complained 3 years ago.

Why? Probably because the population wasnt full of whiny patootie people who cry when they get cut down for being so good at the game they got a bounty on them. Now when someone gets P5/N5 that person can sit in their little spot free of care knowing no one can kill them or know where they are. Increasing their boldness.

Great idea! Little Orbit is doing many great things! /s

On 3/21/2020 at 4:04 PM, GhosT said:

Can we stop comparing a PVE game with PVP elements to APB?

no one compared it to anything. I simply said removing unique features make apb less unique and used gta as the go to example for 'shooty game with cars and gunfights'

stop trying to make everything seem 'different' with buzzwords people use for excusing why X is similar to X lmfao. 

By that logic, every game can be similar because of PvE and PvP 'elements'

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Alani said:

when no one ever fucking complained 3 years ago.

p5/n5 has seen numerous suggestions and complaints since the score update that rendered it largely irrelevant

5 hours ago, Alani said:

buzzwords

i wasn't aware 30 year old genre descriptors were now considered buzzwords

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Solamente said:

i wasn't aware 30 year old genre descriptors were now considered buzzwords

particular context.

hot take:

all N5/P5 should do is put the VIP marker thing above your head until your opp kills you

ii should not let out of mission players kill you

it should not let you kill out of mission players

it should not have any effect once the match ends

Don't @ me

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

hot take:

all N5/P5 should do is put the VIP marker thing above your head until your opp kills you

ii should not let out of mission players kill you

it should not let you kill out of mission players

it should not have any effect once the match ends

Don't @ me

People really only became N5/P5 when they outmatched their opponents.  When teams are equal both are killing and delaying/succeeding in objectives at about the same pace.  It was only when one team dominated the other that players start going N5/P5.

This is where the bounty system created balance.  This allowed outside forces to disrupt the side that was destroying their opponents.  Now when one side is dominating nothing changes, they keep dominating because the N5/P5 is meaningless.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

hot take:

Don't @ me

Hell no.

At least with the star on the minimap you can still fool people by using vertical environment to your advantange. For example the stairs in the middle of asylum, with 3 different floors. The VIP marker reveals your position entirely.

Edited by VanilleKeks

9 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Hell no.

At least with the star on the minimap you can still fool people by using vertical environment to your advantange. For example the stairs in the middle of asylum, with 3 different floors. The VIP marker reveals your position entirely.

51 minutes ago, illgot said:

People really only became N5/P5 when they outmatched their opponents.  When teams are equal both are killing and delaying/succeeding in objectives at about the same pace.  It was only when one team dominated the other that players start going N5/P5.

This is where the bounty system created balance.  This allowed outside forces to disrupt the side that was destroying their opponents.  Now when one side is dominating nothing changes, they keep dominating because the N5/P5 is meaningless.

These are bad takes and you should feel bad.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

These are bad takes and you should feel bad.

it's what I notice.  You don't go N5/P5 when you are facing an equally skilled team unless you are guarding a point and are able to spread out beyond the attackers capabilities.  Some of the missions are unbalanced and favor the defenders.

You don't go N5/P5 when you are dying constantly because the enemy out skills you.  Every time you die you lose a bit of notoriety or prestiege.

You only go N5/P5 when you are dominating a game.  This is why the bounty system created balance.

• Like 1

Right now bounty/P5 is pointless.Idea how to become fun

Only when P5 player(enf. for example)is out of mission-can be killed.Players which are in radius lets say 100m around the bounty(same faction enf.)and out of mission-can choose to protect it(like entering minigame)For every defending kill-player gets reward(money i guess)Same gos for oposition(crim)All crims which are not in mission can chase that bounty and also get reward for every killed defender.Also pls remove the old option crims to kill crim bounty without any consequences.Makes no sense

Thats my ideas.Peace

Edited by TheMessiah

1 hour ago, illgot said:

This is why the bounty system created balance.

3D wallhack for the entire opposing team is the balance in my proposal

There is no good reason a bounty should be able to interfere in missions they are not a part of.

If you ALSO want to make bounties killable by out of mission players, fine. But I think the VIP treatment would be enough.

Sign in to follow this