DouglasFalcon

It could be a pointless thread, but..

...shouldn't we think about fixing the pre-set lease weapons that you can purchase from contacts?
Right now most pre-set mods are bad (IR3 on HVR) or straight up downgrades for the weapon (like HB3 on ALIG), giving these weapons little to no reason to use them.
Of course, you can argue that "you can buy 3 open slots version on ARMAS" or "you can level up that role and get a 3 open slot version from contacts", but the first solution takes A LOT of real money and the second one takes A LOT of time.

It shouldn't even be the best combination of mods ever possible, you could for example put Tagger instead of 3PS3 on HVR, making it a sub-optimal version, but at least you feel rewarded for unlocking these weapons and progressing through contacts.

This should also apply to some of the pre-set weapons that we can buy in ARMAS: ALIG "Surefire" and Shaw "First Blood" always come to my mind lol, they're supposed to make up for the fact that you can't afford mods atm so instead you buy pre-modded weapins for, say, one month. BUT! Surprise! These mods suck patootie and you wasted your money (real money tho).

Of course this would be a very low priority, the game has so many bigger flaws and I think most people are now used to pre-set weapons being terrible, but I think this should not be overlooked.

What do you guys think, is it a bad idea? And if so, why?

5 minutes ago, DouglasFalcon said:

...shouldn't we think about fixing the pre-set lease weapons that you can purchase from contacts?
Right now most pre-set mods are bad (IR3 on HVR) or straight up downgrades for the weapon (like HB3 on ALIG), giving these weapons little to no reason to use them.
Of course, you can argue that "you can buy 3 open slots version on ARMAS" or "you can level up that role and get a 3 open slot version from contacts", but the first solution takes A LOT of real money and the second one takes A LOT of time. 

It shouldn't even be the best combination of mods ever possible, you could for example put Tagger instead of 3PS3 on HVR, making it a sub-optimal version, but at least you feel rewarded for unlocking these weapons and progressing through contacts.

This should also apply to some of the pre-set weapons that we can buy in ARMAS: ALIG "Surefire" and Shaw "First Blood" always come to my mind lol, they're supposed to make up for the fact that you can't afford mods atm so instead you buy pre-modded weapins for, say, one month. BUT! Surprise! These mods suck patootie and you wasted your money (real money tho).

Of course this would be a very low priority, the game has so many bigger flaws and I think most people are now used to pre-set weapons being terrible, but I think this should not be overlooked.

so.. make them not bis like they currently are? gotcha

7 minutes ago, DouglasFalcon said:

Tagger? Instead of 3PS3? On the HVR?

Edited by Iggyazaleaomg

Just now, Iggyazaleaomg said:

Tagger, instead of 3PS3? On the HVR?

Yes. The reason of that, as I stated, is to intentionally make a non-optimal, yet usable build (i.e. CJ3, Tagger, HS3) to give F2Players a better chance to experience the game and feel more rewarded for progressing through the game.
This in my opinion wouldn't detriment ARMAS sales, because one of the game's strongest selling point is the customization, which is negated by the concept of pre-modded weapon.

So the player would buy a decent-ish lease HVR Akula, play with it and like it, and at some point he's gonna be pissed of the fact that Tagger is not as good as 3PS3 and buy an open slotted HVR from ARMAS instead.

Right now, most pre-modded weapons fail to give you a good taste of the weapon you're using because the mods are WAY too weird. There's stuff like HB3 ALIG or non-HS3 DMR, how tf am I supposed to play with those garbo things?

I hope I've explained my point of view well enough for you to understand.