Inhotep

Why is APB down? Non announced server maintenance?

As title say.. 
Its a random monday,  What is happening with servers?

It's not down, ... At least not on my end.

You might be having issues connecting to a server.

I restarted game, i restarted pc, obviously net is not an issue since i would not be on forums... 

I keep getting message taht my char is in use from other account, which is not...15 locked in game which is not...and servers are offline which they are clearly not.

so any suggestions for fix? tnx 

20 minutes ago, Inhotep said:

I restarted game, i restarted pc, obviously net is not an issue since i would not be on forums... 

I keep getting message taht my char is in use from other account, which is not...15 locked in game which is not...and servers are offline which they are clearly not.

so any suggestions for fix? tnx 

Its been 20 minutes since your last post... can I assume that after waiting the 15 minutes mentioned, you were able to play?

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Its been 20 minutes since your last post... can I assume that after waiting the 15 minutes mentioned, you were able to play?

No m8, i am still starring at the same message over and over and over again, for already 1hr, since i didnt make post instantly, i waited 15min first time, then did all restarts, now its exactly 1hr after all the issue.

Last thing i did was playing a mission and i was in middle of mission when i was trying to chat, but my msgs didnt come through whilst all other players did, and movement and everything without lag.

That lasted maybe 10-15 sec then i just crashed to login screen with message  "Game might be down for maintenance"

Ever since i tried all things, even repairing my internet setup, and restarting router and all shits, and still no help -_- 

any other suggestion?
Its not the internet when i normally browse... 

So i am constantly passing the 1st login.  I got no issue with that.  I get to my char list screen, but then when i choose char and click join i get this msg :

WW8WrB6.jpg

And when i try to do faster login i get this msg

oJm6lNS.jpg 

this is really driving me crazy...there is absolutely no reason for it. 

Can it be so bad programming that i got stuck somehwere on the server and my char was never let go?!?!!

can some mod pm me?  this is not normal anymore.... 

i am waiting 5 hours already nothing changes, constantly same message...

that my char is locked in a game and i should wait 15 min...

i wait friggin 5 hrs already!!!

what type of anti virus do you use?

some  mess with games and if yours updated and does that like mcafee then it could of tampered with its own settings to block apb

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

what type of anti virus do you use?

some  mess with games and if yours updated and does that like mcafee then it could of tampered with its own settings to block apb

Thank you for tip but no.  I use same anti virus last 5 years i play APB and it wouldnt just suddenly break down my game.

It has to be something else..

I am afraid some of APB servers in different countries are down, and LO dont kno about it since they work from home... 

I never experienced this type of problem for so long.

I had same messages but it fixed itself after 20 min ...but this doesnt do nothing...

Try using a VPN.

Use (UrbanVPN) because it's free and just so you can test it if it works

I got connection to APB login servers but not the actual server location. Check the servers location pls!! Some part of world went down! Cmon ppl

VPN????HELLOOOO?? TRY IT

Just because your internet is working fine for other things doesn't mean that you can't have problems with the certain games

your ISP could be blocking packets

Edited by jmiIos

39 minutes ago, Inhotep said:

I got connection to APB login servers but not the actual server location. Check the servers location pls!! Some part of world went down! Cmon ppl

i just checked and they were up. hmm this one is puzzling.

if you couldn't run APB at all id say verify files. you could always try that just in case .

back when this comp was new mcafee was on it (wasn't time to change that garbage yet) it blocked me from connecting even though it ran APB .

let us know if/when you solve it and how. we need this logged for the future.

I tried vpn, same thing nothin changed..

I tried using repair tool with gamersfirst client...nothing

i tried restart router...nothing

i never had any similar issue with apb, until this crash today, and permanent loop of the message i screenied.

I can access my char list... so after i fill up psw and username, game lets me to the char list to choose from.

I choose char and then proceed to enter game, n thats where it keeps instantly breaking to the message above.

I am still waiting to fix itself, i dont know what else i can do really..  

I think its due to corona virus and some server locations , server being down and people from LO dont know it because they work from home.

But its weird that only me has this issue yet, at least nobody else got this today..

Its driving me insane -_-

world server is down for me, but login server is not.

I got char at citadel and jericho, both give same message.

I tried creating entirely new 2nd account to login, its same message.

So it has to be for world local servers for east europe not working

Edited by Inhotep

Which VPN have you tried and have you tried connecting to different servers? Make sure you are connected to VPN before you log into your account

Try turning on built in administrator account in windows and running the game from there

35 minutes ago, Inhotep said:

So it has to be for world local servers for east europe not working

I am north America. I should of said that earlier as well. I hope this get solved for you soon. good luck.

41 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I am north America. I should of said that earlier as well. I hope this get solved for you soon. good luck.

Thank you very much m8.

Still nothing.

I am afraid that i will be only one with some unique issue that accidently happened in a loop of logging in and will be not noticed or forgotten.

If it doesnt fix till tomorrow i am writing to support directly if it even works durin this virus.

Just to say the 2nd day, today aka now...still same issue... 

I had this happen for about a week once. 

Unfortunately I was so tired of APB fudging up, I didn't even bother to report it, I just played something else. 

I did eventually stop preventing me from logging in tho, if that's any consolation. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I had this happen for about a week once. 

Unfortunately I was so tired of APB fudging up, I didn't even bother to report it, I just played something else. 

I did eventually stop preventing me from logging in tho, if that's any consolation. 

Wow at least i am not only one then. But yea... i know it will stop, its just some mistake in their system. IT cant be that everything works for me just fine, i didnt change no setup, and suddenly out of the blue, not being able to login for days weeks.

Just feels bad that i cant do nothing about it, and people who could in APB, dont even care.

13 minutes ago, Inhotep said:

Just feels bad that i cant do nothing about it, and people who could in APB, dont even care.

It does suck. No doubt about that. Hopefully LO is just getting everything running while having everyone work from home.

If that's the case, I hope they make contact with you soon.

I literally had this problem and i solved it by playing on hidden built in admin account. Few more people had this problem and one of them solved it by playing on 4g, the other one never even replied with the solution

About this built in admin solution. One internet worked fine for few days until i started having the same problem there again while the other internet works fine.

There is not much they can do, i contacted them about this problem over a month ago, i sent them tracert test from both internets and they told me the problem is with my ISP, i called them they said they are not blocking anything. I also tried playing on my laptop, the same thing. It only worked in built in admin account, only one internet works fine, the other one as well only worked for a few days. In normal user account the game didn't want to work on any of those 2 internets, nor pc or laptop.

Either the problem will solve itself or you will have to try and play on different internet, also try this built in admin thing.

It's weird that it doesn't work with VPN, i already asked, which one have you tried

I had a friend that this happened to for about a week too.  Weird thing is when I looked at my friends list it always said he was logged in.  Not in any districts or anything, just that he was logged into his character.  Every day that week I'd check and sure enough it still said he was online.  He ended up just making a new account since he was new and only played about an hour's worth of missions.  Then one day I noticed it said he was offline, so I had him try to log in and he was able to get in just fine.  By this time he already made enough progress on the new account that he abandoned the original one.  Weird bug though.

If this is the same issue as Brandon is describing, it'll probably get sorted when the servers forcibly go down fully tomorrow.