MurkTheMerc

Readd RIOT mode in consideration of Covid-19

2 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Should Hand Sanitizer be a char mod or a consumable?

Consumable that removes gas damage up to 99 percent of health but sends you right back to where your health was before after 3 seconds.

This could end up killing more than half of APB population though...oh wait.

RIOT was the 1st true new content in over 5 yrs for APB and the vets shit all over it like no tomorrow. Yes it needed tweaking but thats why it was released as season 0, it was a open beta test to see what needed changing and working. Complaints later about bugs and the fact there werent any rewards it was dead without giving it an actual chance outside of beta, yet ppl say they want new content. When we had it the actions were you wanted to keep things unchanged the old way, well thats what we have yall got what you wanted same old gameplay.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

RIOT was the 1st true new content in over 5 yrs for APB and the vets shit all over it like no tomorrow. Yes it needed tweaking but thats why it was released as season 0, it was a open beta test to see what needed changing and working. Complaints later about bugs and the fact there werent any rewards it was dead without giving it an actual chance outside of beta, yet ppl say they want new content. When we had it the actions were you wanted to keep things unchanged the old way, well thats what we have yall got what you wanted same old gameplay.

rHiot was terrible though... almost immediately it became difficult to even get enough players to play

people still play other game modes when detail shit isnt working, because they enjoy them

nobody played rHiot because nobody liked it... and of those who did actually play it, I'd be shocked if more than a few did it for anything other than trying to get the rewards

somet things ARE worth working on, but some things aren't

oh that at least, I think we can agree

Edited by CookiePuss

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

yet ppl say they want new content.

yeah, vets say they want new content and what that means is APB content. i doubt any one who wanted apb content wanted BR content. many a game done it better than apb could have ever.

missions.

contacts.

districts.

all the stuff we fell in love with when first discovering this amazing game.

Edited by iRawwwN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I liked RIOT, was a refreshing game mode imho.

On 3/16/2020 at 6:56 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

I guess we're far enough from that initial rage period so it might be safe to agree with you. I really think LO should have kept up with the idea/concept/plan that RIOT was the Developer's Playground, it could have been a much more enjoyable way for them to learn to code, add new features and have us mess around in a mode that really doesn't mean anything in the log run and add in some rewards and random shenanigans and it's golden!

Snipped removed content.    - Azukii

Although add in @EvaPooh's Seasonal Rewards idea and while we're at it, include my PvE idea just because I like my ideas and want to shamelessly plug them. 

On 3/16/2020 at 9:35 PM, iRawwwN said:

yeah, vets say they want new content and what that means is APB content. i doubt any one who wanted apb content wanted BR content. many a game done it better than apb could have ever.

missions.

contacts.

districts.

all the stuff we fell in love with when first discovering this amazing game.

I want this stuff too, I guess it's a pipedream to think that LO has the capacity to support both a progressing RIOT mode AND Mission Districts but it would have been nice, I mean most F2P games these days do include multiple modes of play and while they don't suit everything, being able to have a change of pace while staying in the same game is nice.

All this said, I'm hoping that all the lack of content and moth-balling of RIOT mode was just so that Little Orbit's Little Team could put all their focus (or 99% of it) into the Engine Update which the gateway to easier and more frequent content updates. Their biggest challenge in convincing the player population to see this. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

ah yes riot was only shelved because of “the vets”, that mysterious group of people who control apb from the shadows - totally not because there was a 20 page thread pointing out objective flaws with the beta test, and then another 20 page thread with almost the exact same problems when it was pushed to live

i’d like riot to come back as anarchy/chaos mode but with randomly spawning objectives instead of a clunky, half finished battle royale knockoff

• Like 1

An idea of having to gas the whole city  to win was really edgy, I must admit.

On 3/16/2020 at 3:52 PM, CookiePuss said:

rHiot was terrible though... almost immediately it became difficult to even get enough players to play

people still play other game modes when detail shit isnt working, because they enjoy them

nobody played rHiot because nobody liked it... and of those who did actually play it, I'd be shocked if more than a few did it for anything other than trying to get the rewards

somet things ARE worth working on, but some things aren't

oh that at least, I think we can agree

Well thats what happens when Matt doesnt learn from prior mistakes (Halloween anyone?) and repeats a problem from a prior event. If Riot was truly going to replace FC then it should have started with 4 ppl (not to mention pop problems that made it hard to get enough to begin with). There were ppl who didnt like it outright, were ok with it but didnt play due to lack of rewards (which was stated rewards would be after the test season) and then those who enjoyed it for it being new.

On 3/17/2020 at 8:31 AM, Solamente said:

ah yes riot was only shelved because of “the vets”, that mysterious group of people who control apb from the shadows - totally not because there was a 20 page thread pointing out objective flaws with the beta test, and then another 20 page thread with almost the exact same problems when it was pushed to live

i’d like riot to come back as anarchy/chaos mode but with randomly spawning objectives instead of a clunky, half finished battle royale knockoff

Beta run, meaning it will be buggy and with problems. That part was to be expected, as for anarchy I agree id rather that myself

On 3/16/2020 at 6:15 PM, Benguin said:

if riot cant kill apb what will??????????????

Running out of toilet rolls maybe?

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

On 3/18/2020 at 6:57 PM, VickyFox said:

Running out of toilet rolls maybe?

Thatll kill anything