so like new players and returning players yeah they don't have the skill ya'know to fight that plague known as dethreaters im just like perma silver now but ive got a few simple suggestions that can help with the dethreating either a seasonal ranking thing with brackets for instance they last a month or 3 each badge colour threat is a bracket like what we have now but how it'd work with this system is it resets every month or 3 and once you climb into a different colour it stays until the season ends then it'd get reset probably not that simple of a suggestion but heres another if they hit a higher threat colour in a lower district they'd get sent to social soon as they change colour locking them out of the lower district they were clubbing

don't be aggressive about the responses im just throwing these ideas out there to discuss cause everyone knows that dethreating is an issue in all mission districts

inb4

After engine upgrade/phasing/world server. Till then drink the poison.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foscor77 said:

inb4

After engine upgrade/phasing/world server. Till then drink the poison.

yeah ik we're just discussing what can be done till then

2 minutes ago, chaoscody said:

yeah ik we're just discussing what can be done till then

not really much point spending a few months creating a new threat/matchmaking system only to toss it out the window once the engine upgrade hits 

also use periods or space out your posts or something

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

no

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaoscody said:

don't be aggressive about the responses

Don't tell me how to feel, mate.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

In current system this would had terrible repercussions.

Dethreating is based on abuse of threat system. It's not hard to manipulate yourself to be "bronze" or "green" and then figuring out when season close up - it would be trial and error. The worst offenders are having multiple accounts. That's not solution, chief.

On 3/16/2020 at 8:31 AM, chaoscody said:

don't be aggressive about the responses im just throwing these ideas out there to discuss cause everyone knows that dethreating is an issue in all mission districts

First of all this is the APB forums. The first thing that is done is people will try and discredit you or your post by replying, "this again" or just giving a 1 word answer, doing their best to make you look stupid. Just look at any other post out there and you will see the first couple of responses are negative towards the poster. Even the mods are very much guilty of this. In any other forum this is a bannable offence, but here it seems to be allowed and just like the game, people hardly post here anymore.

Secondly the laws on this forum is  Cheating doesnt existDethreating isnt the problem  and Match Making is broken. This is because the players who say this, use cheats, they dethreat and farm new players and will only team with higher level team mates.

Merged.

just to point out, i played a couple of games yesterday. Met 3 high level dethreaters in 2 games, F$"ing over me and other new players. Logged in today. I have completed 2 games and have lost thanks to high level dethreaters who are boasting about it on district. Its in LO's power to do something about it but nothing is done. The forums are moderated why not moderate the game, thats the bread winner ??

• Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 8:45 AM, Solamente said:

not really much point spending a few months creating a new threat/matchmaking system only to toss it out the window once the engine upgrade hits 

We've been saying "in a few months" for over a year now.

It's getting old.

Even Citadel doesn't reach 4 digits of world /pop anymore.

4 minutes ago, Haganu said:

We've been saying "in a few months" for over a year now.

It's getting old.

Even Citadel doesn't reach 4 digits of world /pop anymore.

a fair point, but given orbit's glacial pace does it really matter?

an entirely new threat system is not likely to be functional any sooner than the engine upgrade release

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Solamente said:

a fair point, but given orbit's glacial pace does it really matter?

an entirely new threat system is not likely to be functional any sooner than the engine upgrade release

I hope this time's in a few months really means in a few months. Looking at the EU progress thread I pray the devs don't bump into another bug that breaks a whole month of progress.

After the EU is out, I hope LO is going to be thorough in their execution of changing player and threat distribution and do more than just the addition of phasing.

On 3/16/2020 at 8:31 AM, chaoscody said:

so like new players and returning players yeah they don't have the skill ya'know to fight that plague known as dethreaters

I'm just like perma silver now but I've got a few simple suggestions that can help with the dethreating

either a seasonal ranking thing with brackets for instance they last a month or 3 each badge color threat is a bracket like what we have now

but how it would work with this system is it resets every month or 3 and once you climb into a different color it stays until the season ends then it'd get reset

probably not that simple of a suggestion

but here's another if they hit a higher threat color in a lower district they'd get sent to social soon as they change color locking them out of the lower district they were clubbing

don't be aggressive about the responses I'm just throwing these ideas out there to discuss cause everyone knows that dethreating is an issue in all mission districts

I have to disagree because detheating would cause those not meant to go up in color to do so , then they get abused no different than when we did not have segregation.

It basically is another way of the same problem we have now , dethreating to get easier ops then watch the ops get destroyed.

Sorry no thank you.

Merged.

On 3/17/2020 at 12:46 PM, Y2Venom said:

Secondly the laws on this forum is  Cheating doesnt existDethreating isnt the problem  and Match Making is broken. This is because the players who say this, use cheats, they dethreat and farm new players and will only team with higher level team mates.

Cheating does exist but not as blatant as before but no anti cheat can block 100% either.

As for cheating in general , yes I noticed a blatant one this pat month , however I have not seen that player name ever since so they may of been banned . I do not know.

The ones who claim dethreqating is not a problem seem to be the ones who do so

However some of the ones complaining have openly admitted they do so as well yet they are the pot calling the kettle black

Matchmaking is broken due to a low population and how points work etc.

MattScott mentioned a rework is needed but I do not recall details anymore on what was planned.

How about remove the threat system completely and anybody can match with anybody based on k/d/ playtime / skills / rank? (idk)

6 hours ago, Artorius_ said:

How about remove the threat system completely and anybody can match with anybody based on k/d/ playtime / skills / rank? (idk)

All three of those do not indicate an accurate skill level for matchmaking to use.

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

All three of those do not indicate an accurate skill level for matchmaking to use.

What about the fourth one?

42 minutes ago, Artorius_ said:

What about the fourth one?

Oops mistyped.

K/d, playtime, rank are not good indicators.

Skill is not an indicator but what you are trying to measure in a way.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 2:42 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Oops mistyped.

K/d, playtime, rank are not good indicators.

Skill is not an indicator but what you are trying to measure in a way.

Or you could just remove premade teams, make a server for clan wars.

All they have to do is make it so new players are locked to green till they rank 50.. 

then they can join the next rank of server ..50 /150....

then last rank 150 / 255

still keep  gold silver bronze..

allso make it 500% harder to gain gold..this way people with skill lvl of silver will stay silver..

u cant tell me this would be hard to do..

match maker is not the problem..its high ranked players farming newbies...

now >> LO can add stuff to cash shop really fast..

how hard is it really for them to make it 500% harder to gain gold..an so on????

Edited by BoomLion

20 minutes ago, BoomLion said:

allso make it 500% harder to gain gold

again, that's not how the threat system works

Another post on this? What is going on here... Ok, why not, once again then:

Silvers play in bronze because golds play in silver. All parties cry.

The low pop at times now adds everyone and their mother re-rolling or dethreating into bronze. Yeah, that will keep people checking out this game around.

6 hours ago, DeepLearningSuperSampling said:

Another post on this? What is going on here... Ok, why not, once again then:

Silvers play in bronze because golds play in silver. All parties cry.

The low pop at times now adds everyone and their mother re-rolling or dethreating into bronze. Yeah, that will keep people checking out this game around.

Its another post because its a problem.

Yesterday i played with my level 255 player. I ran into dethreating a little bit. Weirdly the other higher level players asked me if they could. Today i made a new player. I had a dethreater nearly in every mission. I got abused when i asked them not to, i was TKed constantly. One of the players even took to district chat to boast how he is not going to get banned and continued to abuse me with other high level players.  This is what new players have to deal with on a daily basis and yet people complain about low population.

29 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

Its another post because its a problem.

Yesterday i played with my level 255 player. I ran into dethreating a little bit. Weirdly the other higher level players asked me if they could. Today i made a new player. I had a dethreater nearly in every mission. I got abused when i asked them not to, i was TKed constantly. One of the players even took to district chat to boast how he is not going to get banned and continued to abuse me with other high level players.  This is what new players have to deal with on a daily basis and yet people complain about low population.

Last guy that did that got reported, with evidence, and banned.

Balls in your court, fam.

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Last guy that did that got reported, with evidence, and banned.

Balls in your court, fam.

I have reported, but i have never seen a ban. The last guy tonight, i was unable to report as there is no such player aparrently. Which happens alot even when you change the /whisper to a report.  But its just shows what new players have to put up with.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

I have reported, but i have never seen a ban. The last guy tonight, i was unable to report as there is no such player aparrently. Which happens alot even when you change the /whisper to a report.  But its just shows what new players have to put up with.

If this happens again, go HAM and take some screenshots, or if you can video, and send it to support.

Cuz that shit is not ok.