MattScott

Little Orbit coronavirus measures & working remote

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

Coronavirus weapon when?

*runs up to opp, coughs on them... 14 days later, player dies*

Edited by CookiePuss

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What if my char is a 18 year old Asian woman with no preexisting conditions and access to a non-US healthcare system?

I'm just playing the devil's advocate here, because my char is a old, fat dude, so I'd drop dead before you'd be out of my PIG range.

4 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

What if my char is Asian

Race based stats.

I like it.

RyWotfd.gif

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Race based stats.

I like it.

RyWotfd.gif

If you knew my in-game driving skills, you'd appreciate that reference even more.

Edited by AsgerLund

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Or could use an LCR for the same TTK.

* looks at posts above and thinks wth rofl *

guys don't forget to not just wash your hands , but doorknobs , sinks and faucets , showers and counters

anywhere you touch can/will be infected. getting the high traffic parts of your home will help as well as yourself.

heres what is being reported that kills coronavirus

https://www.consumerreports.org/cleaning/common-household-products-that-can-destroy-novel-coronavirus/

5 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Or could use an LCR for the same TTK.

I think you meant Stabba TG-8.

But for real... the worst with coronavirus in my opinion is that it's essentialy flu meaning:

- We never will get truly rid of it.

- People will be reinfected over time (that's how flu works)

- The current countermeasures are truly there to prevent flooding of hospitals by seriously sick people with other diseases.

- The only real way out of it is infecting healthy part of population and giving antibodies to non-infected via vaccines when such is found (way safer method). Eventually blanket should save this who will not survive coronavirus.

- UK plan is insane (We don't know real data about how lethal Coronavirus is. There is problem that we don't have 100% data on infected with Coronavirus.) but also severe restrictions serve nothing (in the end how long will you be able to hold state of emergency? 2 weeks? Month? Or year? Either way economical collapse... There are already scary news from markets - economical collapse which should been in 2021, will be now because of coronavirus).

- Alright. In theory, we keep people under basket for that long. New infections are gone, we technically have 100% rate of recoveries or deaths. What defends us from starting this shit all over again when we go back to normal? Someone might be not completely recovered and restart this shit or someone might be in contact with some other people from other countries where this problem is still existant. So what then? We can't just close up country every 2 weeks after reemergence... it's recipe for economical disaster.

What I think will happen in next month:

Scenario 1 - Most plausible in my opinion. Restrictions will eventually need to be lifted (economical reasons) so eventually everyone strays out of subject. Meanwhile vaccine is worked on. Coronavirus reaction to virus was aggressive one at first years due to immunity being exposed to new virus. In coming years our bodies familiarze itself with virus and it's essentialy becomes strain of flu (doesn't mean it not gonna be dangerous, flu is also still dangerous for people with health problems as well). Economic crisis somewhere in 2020.

Scenario 2 - Panic mode. Restrictions will be forced despite economical collapse. Switching of economy type to similiar to war-like (production of food and what is needed to combat disease). There might be eventual riots and anarchy due to financial problems of general population (many business will eventually close up in that situation...). Infections will be low but reinfections will appear. Eventual economical collapse - either new policy or sink into anarchy.

That's two scenarios I can think of. Neither positive. I mean for economy there needs to be real miracle rn.

Edited by Mitne

7 hours ago, Mitne said:

But for real... the worst with coronavirus in my opinion is that it's essentialy flu meaning:

- We never will get truly rid of it.

- People will be reinfected over time (that's how flu works)

- The current countermeasures are truly there to prevent flooding of hospitals by seriously sick people with other diseases.

- The only real way out of it is infecting healthy part of population and giving antibodies to non-infected via vaccines when such is found (way safer method). Eventually blanket should save this who will not survive coronavirus.

- UK plan is insane (We don't know real data about how lethal Coronavirus is. There is problem that we don't have 100% data on infected with Coronavirus.) but also severe restrictions serve nothing (in the end how long will you be able to hold state of emergency? 2 weeks? Month? Or year? Either way economical collapse... There are already scary news from markets - economical collapse which should been in 2021, will be now because of coronavirus).

- Alright. In theory, we keep people under basket for that long. New infections are gone, we technically have 100% rate of recoveries or deaths. What defends us from starting this shit all over again when we go back to normal? Someone might be not completely recovered and restart this shit or someone might be in contact with some other people from other countries where this problem is still existant. So what then? We can't just close up country every 2 weeks after reemergence... it's recipe for economical disaster.

What I think will happen in next month:

Scenario 1 - Most plausible in my opinion. Restrictions will eventually need to be lifted (economical reasons) so eventually everyone strays out of subject. Meanwhile vaccine is worked on. Coronavirus reaction to virus was aggressive one at first years due to immunity being exposed to new virus. In coming years our bodies familiarze itself with virus and it's essentialy becomes strain of flu (doesn't mean it not gonna be dangerous, flu is also still dangerous for people with health problems as well). Economic crisis somewhere in 2020.

Scenario 2 - Panic mode. Restrictions will be forced despite economical collapse. Switching of economy type to similiar to war-like (production of food and what is needed to combat disease). There might be eventual riots and anarchy due to financial problems of general population (many business will eventually close up in that situation...). Infections will be low but reinfections will appear. Eventual economical collapse - either new policy or sink into anarchy.

That's two scenarios I can think of. Neither positive. I mean for economy there needs to be real miracle rn.

The Netherlands is going to take a similar approach to the UK. They intend to strategically infect certain parts of the population, bit by bit that can handle the virus while developing a vaccine/cure.

I wonder how things are going to turn out, since I feel like the entire EU's response to this virus outbreak has been nothing but incompetent.

Locking down The Netherlands can be done 3 weeks tops, any longer and certain sectors will collapse. 

Still, at the same time they locked down the country here for those 3 weeks.

I kinda want a Scenario 2. This Corona virus and how everyone reacts to it would be a good wake-up call to start doing things differently in the economy.

Change things up, so our economy and way of life in the west are more sustainable long-term.

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

The Netherlands is going to take a similar approach to the UK. They intend to strategically infect certain parts of the population, bit by bit that can handle the virus while developing a vaccine/cure.

I wonder how things are going to turn out, since I feel like the entire EU's response to this virus outbreak has been nothing but incompetent.

Locking down The Netherlands can be done 3 weeks tops, any longer and certain sectors will collapse. 

Still, at the same time they locked down the country here for those 3 weeks.

I kinda want a Scenario 2. This Corona virus and how everyone reacts to it would be a good wake-up call to start doing things differently in the economy.

Change things up, so our economy and way of life in the west are more sustainable long-term.

Here in italy is a total disaster. I just hope everything is going to finish soon.

Good luck to everyone and stay safe. ❤️❤️

Thanks Matt and LO. Hope all of you and other gamers around the globe are doing OK  and are as alright as possible at the moment.

• Like 1

Taking into consideration all the mandated social distancing/self-isolation, my life is about to radically change stay exactly the same.

Thanks for the free month, guys.  I knew ya'll were BAMFs.