MattScott

Little Orbit coronavirus measures & working remote

Hi everyone,

I'm sure by now that everyone has seen the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on their city, work, schools, and entertainment.

Starting Monday the 16th until the foreseeable future, all Little Orbit employees will be working remotely until we get different guidance from health officials. We prepped all week to make sure teams had hardware and instructions on how to check in during the day with their leads for tasks and updates. 

Come hell or high water, the team is dedicated to shipping the Engine Upgrade, and we didn't get this close to be sidelined by a little virus.

I know this may be a little scary right now. And APB is just a game. But since many of you will be temporarily home due to work or supporting family members, we want to insure that the game is online and available for all our players to distract themselves with some missions, fight club, or a little virtual socialization in Breakwater.

I'm also going to be turning on Free Premium for all players across all platforms.

NOTE: We will be snapshotting the active Premium days for everyone, and we'll extend those days once everything goes back to normal.

Hopefully that will make Social a little more fun for the time being.

I'm also going to ask for everyone's patience with us.

We are going to do our best to make this as smooth as possible.

And most of all, wash your hands. Don't touch your face. Avoid large gatherings.

Stay safe.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 40
  • Thanks 28

Stay safe and stay sanitary friends. 

• Like 3

wash ur hands even after this whole virus thing is over

thanks,

aseri

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

did not expect Little Obit to take  this strong of a stance.

I expected playing  it safe , and somewhat expected it to be posted by somebody about wash your hands and avoiding gatherings etc  , but not the premium to help comfort us on our end as well.

thank you.

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Like 1

A very appreciated move Matt, thank you and your team for the hard work!

• Like 3

poll: is it a good thing or a bad thing that i may be quarantined in my house and have nothing to do but play apb?

• Like 1

Thank you Matt.

Stay Safe boys and girls!

I have to say, i am a nurse here in portugal and indeed this virus might be small in size but it is no small bad guy. 😅

This is not a normal virus, it is not simply a flu, but a pneumonia or worse .... whoever gets this is screwed because it develops into severe pneumonia, (initially it looks like a flu) you are screwed for the rest of life ... because you will have many more breathing problems ... and many more vulnerabilities to respiratory decieses ....

...remember that this virus survives on metallic surfaces for 12 hours

Everything that is metal should be disinfected even more .... when you get home always change your clothes and wash your hands again and after  taking you cloths off also wash them .... a little exaggerated but to prevent getting this virus;

Sneakers and other footwears should be taken off and left in the sun

The virus spreads widely but dies out there easily and is a little weak in terms of  survival outside the person (the host.)

Stay Safe boys and girls!

• Like 1

Corona virus is a lie. Its not any different from regular flu. A conspiracy by WHO to sell their freaking diagnostic kits in the name of fear.

Change my mind.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foscor77 said:

Corona virus is a lie. Its not any different from regular flu. A conspiracy by WHO to sell their freaking diagnostic kits in the name of fear.

Change my mind.

lmao do you even hear yourself, you sound like a mental patient

it's obvious the only explanation is big poop manipulating the media to cash in on toilet paper sales

Edited by Solamente
:^)
  • Like 2

Hope you stay safe.

We will all get trough this slimy virus together

• Like 1

Honestly, a very respectable decision in the face of the virus. Hopefully we all manage to persevere through this whole ordeal. Sure, the Engine Upgrade is important, but what's more important are human lives that may be at risk due to the pandemic. Kudos to Matt Scott for making the call and caring about the well-being of LO employees.

The "free premium to alleviate the boredom" thing is honestly one of the last things I expected to happen, but it is a move that is appreciated nonetheless.

To all of you reading this — both regular forum users and LO employees — remember to take all necessary precautions, keep yourself healthy and stay safe!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Solamente said:

poll: is it a good thing or a bad thing that i may be quarantined in my house and have nothing to do but play apb?

good thing : blow the world up and don't get arrested for it (most enf don't use LTL with how hard it is to arrest )

stay safe people.

Stay safe everyone! Don’t let the strangers or someone to touch you, always wash your hands!.

Matt, thanks for free premium, now I can rank up my Crim faster!

• Like 1

Thanks matt, very appreciated.

Stay safe guys.

Edited by AlishaAzure
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Solamente said:

bad

stay safe indeed..turn off the TV

Edited by TheMessiah

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I'm sure by now that everyone has seen the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on their city, work, schools, and entertainment.

Starting Monday the 16th until the foreseeable future, all Little Orbit employees will be working remotely until we get different guidance from health officials. We prepped all week to make sure teams had hardware and instructions on how to check in during the day with their leads for tasks and updates. 

Come hell or high water, the team is dedicated to shipping the Engine Upgrade, and we didn't get this close to be sidelined by a little virus.

I know this may be a little scary right now. And APB is just a game. But since many of you will be temporarily home due to work or supporting family members, we want to insure that the game is online and available for all our players to distract themselves with some missions, fight club, or a little virtual socialization in Breakwater.

I'm also going to be turning on Free Premium for all players across all platforms.

NOTE: We will be snapshotting the active Premium days for everyone, and we'll extend those days once everything goes back to normal.

Hopefully that will make Social a little more fun for the time being.

I'm also going to ask for everyone's patience with us.

We are going to do our best to make this as smooth as possible.

And most of all, wash your hands. Don't touch your face. Avoid large gatherings.

Stay safe.

Thanks,
Matt

That's a very nice giveaway, thanks LO.

Take care and stay safe, everyone, better safe than sorry with all these hindering procedures.

• Like 1