Fasuncri

Fps keeps dropping constantly

Hello

I've installed the game after 5 years 3 days ago gone through all the forums helps and etc. but couldn't find any solution for my problem

Things I've tried: Re-install windows, windows updates, re-install graphic drivers

On 3/13/2020 at 11:21 AM, RCooper said:

Use advance launcher

I tried it already doesn't work it has the same fps and same fps drops :c

Merged.

I was able to play the game on 60+ fps on the same computer back in 2015 but don't know what just ruined this whole optimization things

• Thanks 1

They did a graphics update back then and it Cucked a lot of older PC's, and even beastly computers still have trouble especially if using AMD.

I suggest you use a i7 or higher with 16 gigs of ram, and a GTX series GPU, don't bother with RTX GPU's because currently the game crashes with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabiki said:

They did a graphics update back then and it Cucked a lot of older PC's, and even beastly computers still have trouble especially if using AMD.

I suggest you use a i7 or higher with 16 gigs of ram, and a GTX series GPU, don't bother with RTX GPU's because currently the game crashes with them.

I'm not sure that's very accurate, I use an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 16 GiB of RAM, paired with an AMD RX 580, and the current game runs perfectly fine at a full 100 FPS. The only thing that's broken is ambient occlusion.

Don't misunderstand me, the game is definitely in a very poor state performance-wise, but I think both manufacturers suffer the same issues. In fact, I've only ever experienced micro stutters on Intel hardware, and the game ran fine on a terrible, terrible FX-4100.

20 minutes ago, Haniasita said:

I'm not sure that's very accurate, I use an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 16 GiB of RAM, paired with an AMD RX 580, and the current game runs perfectly fine at a full 100 FPS. The only thing that's broken is ambient occlusion.

Don't misunderstand me, the game is definitely in a very poor state performance-wise, but I think both manufacturers suffer the same issues. In fact, I've only ever experienced micro stutters on Intel hardware, and the game ran fine on a terrible, terrible FX-4100.

I am only stating my preference to running the game we are talking client fps frame drops here, I run an I7, 16 gigs of ram, gtx 980 a 144htz monitor and I get between 95 to 135 frames easy unfortunately I do get frame stutters due to the poor game optimization.  I also run on High graphics since I get the same frames even on minimal settings.

Edited by Nabiki
Clarification

So this means that game went on really trash optimizations and I'm not going to be able to play it until I buy a modern pc?

Guest Zilsux

I have a monster PC yet this game goes from 200+FPS to what feels like -20FPS due to stutters. Also sometimes the game runs at under 70FPS and by restarting the game it goes back up. I really wouldn't expect APB to run smoothly. Just good enough to have fun.

8 hours ago, Zilsux said:

I have a monster PC yet this game goes from 200+FPS to what feels like -20FPS due to stutters. Also sometimes the game runs at under 70FPS and by restarting the game it goes back up. I really wouldn't expect APB to run smoothly. Just good enough to have fun.

So simply minimum requirements are actually higher than recommended requirements in this game

3 hours ago, Fasuncri said:

So simply minimum requirements are actually higher than recommended requirements in this game

pretty much

Oh btw if anyone came here for an answer I have found a way to fix the drops just download the launcher from website instead of downloading it from steam (it helped me with the drops)

Merged.

So, came up with some methods for people that having low fps or fps drops. I've searched a little bit and now I have 30-60 fps. Before it was just 10-25.

Method 1: Windows updates. You might wonder how Windows Updates will affect your gaming performance? Well, technically it won't, but it improves overall performance of your computer. (This might increase the fps and reduce the drops.)

Method 2: Graphic driver updates. Sometimes you may not have the latest updates for your Graphic Drivers. This affects your fps and drops too. How to know what Graphic Card Model are you using. Press to "Start" button (as known as, "Windows" key.) type dxdiag and go to "Display"

For NVIDIA: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us
For AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support
For Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers

Method 3: Choosing lower resolution. Using 640x480 or 800x600 would give like 5-10 fps. How to do this? Right click on desktop and select "Screen Resolution" and choose your resolution. APB's full screen is kinda weird, so choose the "Fullscreen window" option in-game.

Method 4: Setting your graphic card to performance mode. (I'm currently using an Intel graphic card so I'm able to tell about only for Intel.) Right click on Desktop and choose "Graphic Properties" then select "3D" option. Then you will see 4 options: Performance, Balanced Mode, Quality and Custom Settings. You will choose the Performance one.

Method 5: Turning your Windows 7 or 8 to XP. You don't have to use anything to turn your Operation System to XP. Press to "Start" button. (as known as, "Windows" key.) You will see "Computer" on the right, right click on it and choose "Properties". Then click on "Advanced system settings". (You can find this on top left corner.) Click on "Settings" for "Performance" and select the option "Adjust for best performance". But don't un-check, Smooth edges of screen fonts, Show thumbnails instead of icons and Show shadows under mouse pointer. 

Method 6 (You may not know): Change the graphics in-game. When you're on the login screen you will see a cogwheel on bottom left corner, click on it and you will see the options. 

IMPORTANT Note: Do NOT forget to restart your computer after Method 1 and 2.

Oh, and Method 7: Don't install the game from Steam.

On 3/13/2020 at 6:49 PM, Nabiki said:

Im using amd and dont have fps drops, only lag spike from server when everyone in server gets it.

And im playing at 120-145fps.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:21 PM, Haniasita said:

Yes, and shadows are broken, but ambient oclusion works good if using virtual resoliution and setting resolution at 2k or 4k 😄

Edited by valdas001

On 3/16/2020 at 6:06 AM, valdas001 said:

Im using amd and dont have fps drops, only lag spike from server when everyone in server gets it.

And im playing at 120-145fps.

Yes, and shadows are broken, but ambient oclusion works good if using virtual resoliution and setting resolution at 2k or 4k 😄

Hate to break it to you but if your frames are going from 120 to 145 then you are experiencing frame drops like the rest of us, Ideal you want consistent 144 fps if you can get it.