Inhotep

Can we finally get a legendary based on stabba series

My (weak) opinion it's just... before releasing any new weapon FINISH TO REBALANCE ALL THE ACTUAL WEAPONS AVAILABLE IN GAME AND ARMAS..

What I mean My two hands arent enough to count how many waste or bullshoot weapons are sellable in armas and game.. for ex. the SBSR 'IRS is a  spit in an eye litterally

LO think about that,please...

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I never did understand while on top of having to make an arrest after a stun, you also have to do so with weapons having worse tts than comparable lethal weapons have ttk.

In missions with 2-3 players each team, it is EXTREMELY powerful using LTL.
Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't powerful.

Being able to delay peoples respawn in small skirmish missions, is very powerful and you can abuse it further by waiting the stun timer and then arresting in the last second.

Lastly, you don't even have to sacrifice your main gun for it. You just equip the pig and percs and then you still got your main rifle, whatever you prefer.
Pig+Perc is silly as hell the way it works atm.

Crims should have something that stuns imho, preferably a secondary similar as the pig, so they at least would have the option to abuse that same mechanic if they want to.
Balanced PVP and factions with faction-only gun mechanics, is never a smart thing imo.

• Like 2

It has been forever but LTL was also stronger in the past, in the sense that you had to equip something to protect yourself from it. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if LO crafted an APB:classic server with the original setup. Even if only for us to remember again what changed down the road.

3 hours ago, Tigrix said:

That's actually a good point, thanks.

Not sure how a lethal TG-8 or PIG would really work, but i can see the CCG shooting ball bearings.  Which is something i didn't know i needed.

so you are telling me that executing the cop is the same as arresting the crim?

LTL is a joke in this game.  The TTS is longer than any lethal weapons TTK plus stunning is only the first step.  Then you have to reach your opponent (without dying), arrest the player (without dying), then hope the player is not released.  When they are released the next arrest won't count on the cop role until that player dies.

If you want to handicap your team with LTL that is fine, but stick with the same rules as the Enforcers.

11 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't powerful.

if a team using LTL is "powerful" then a team using lethal is even more dangerous.  Lethal has a much shorter TTK than LTLs TTS.  Lethal only requires one step to take you out of the game. Lethal damages cars and other destructible cover because it does soft and hard damage.  Lethal can have a range limit up to 100 meters, more if you are using explosives.  Lethal also has a lot more varieties and the ability to customize your weapon.

If a team of 2-3 players are each using LTL they are handicapping themselves.  If that same team is besting you, they would completely destroy you if they used lethal weapons.

The simple act of getting into your Balkan Varzuga (starter car) basically puts you in a mobile tank no LTL can penetrate.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2020 at 7:34 AM, Inhotep said:

What do you guys think? 

we had that before when there was a bug.  crims couldn't kill enemies and clearly cant arrest so we lost extremely badly. its a guarantee to lose then.

LTL is made specifically to arrest. If you have ever played on enforcer then you know getting arrests is hard as well ,and if you can not arrest with it then there is no point to have it.

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I never did understand while on top of having to make an arrest after a stun, you also have to do so with weapons having worse tts than comparable lethal weapons have ttk.

tl:dr for Inhotep on CookiePuss post :

YOU WILL DIE  because ops with guns for killing can  kill faster than LTL can stun.

extra note : most of the people who have complained saying they want LTL for crims seem to not even have an enforcer.

I'm not sure how accurate that is , but if you talk to crims who want LTL find out if they even have an enforcer first ,

because if they do not have an enforcer then they do not know what they are talking about.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

we had that before when there was a bug.  crims couldn't kill enemies and clearly cant arrest so we lost extremely badly. its a guarantee to lose then.

LTL is made specifically to arrest. If you have ever played on enforcer then you know getting arrests is hard as well ,and if you can not arrest with it then there is no point to have it.

Ok i am getting what you are trying to say, and i agree with most of it. What i seem to have trouble understanding is, that idea is ONE l-e-g-e-n-d-a-r-y that can stun.

I cant comprehend why would that be impossible, if we all agree that LTL is nothing special, and its hard to obtain arrest with.

I dont want that crime side get stun weapon because i think the LTL is overpowered, i want that we make some change in apb history. 

There is less than lethal section at marketplace, which is already programmed there by rtw, and was never used.  W-H-Y??   I ll tell you why.  Because nobody so far talked about ONE single L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y weapon that could stun.  

Because ONE L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y  cannot and will not destroy the lore,  cannot and will not undermine enforcers, because crimes using would not have option to arrest, would not have option to prolong spawn system after the stun, would not affect any game mechanics whatsoever.

The only issue we got here is the ego debate crush with enforcers who are extremely against it only because they think, arresting makes them special little snowlakes.  Now naturally i got cop and crime side, as majority of people do. Question is only what is your main,  cop or crime, and that side you will stand on or you got both fractions maxed, and you dont care. There is no third option.

What i am trying to say here is that we SHOULD NOT have sides in a game we ALL play and love.

Some cops will say (its nothing special, ltl is slow, weak, long ttk, risky, bla bla bla nobody cares),  some crimes will say (cops are op, arresting is unfair, they fart in my face with emoji bla bla bla). 

Stop caring for your ego and stop defending "your side".  (speaking generally in this part not to you fortune runner personally)

There should not be sides in a game we are ALL into. 

All i am saying, give ONE L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y in history of apb, and nobodys crown will fall off from head. It would be extremely interesting new content, that DOESNT change lore at any single way.

What we got from new corsair shotgun now?  All this SPCT's tested it for weeks, months,  a very little part of veterans who LO listen to, and only part in the real world where minority dictates to all us who are majority. And what did we got? I remember when yukon legendary came out, you couldnt buy it under 10m value for months after its release.

Corsair came first day with price of 10m.  IT dropped the very same day after buyers of joker boxes tried it out and tested it in the game, it dropped in FIRST day to 6m value.

Yesterday was SECOND day corsair was released. Value dropped to 5m and every player who got it (including me) after few missions got scared of extreme loss of my investment into gun which is pure $hit.

And its even small word to describe the disappointment with corsair. I bought it yesterday and sold it yesterday and i already couldnt get my own investment into it back, and ended up being in minus with my apb account.  In 2 days value dropped at 4.8m, because every single players wants to get rid of it after they tried it out.  Corsair is by default worse than ogre after nerf, even dow thumber is better than corsair.

So my question here is, what was the point?  What was the point of not creating legendary that would become meta use for at least 1 single month after its release?? Why wasting testing time and effort for gun nobody gonna ever use if they want to win 1 single mission here n there?

And why not instead making legendary that will suck like corsair does, but at least to have some special unique thing about itself such as stun legendary would have? Why the heck not???

And cops shouldnt resist this idea either because it is after all a L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y i am suggesting,  NOT ENTIRE LTL STABBA series of weapons for crimes;  NOT change of LORE, NOT new animations and additional programming for crime side. 

At the end of a day how much pain in pattootie can ONE L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y create? Legendary which would be available to COPS and to CRIMES. BOTH fractions!  BOTH!! NO LOSS FOR ANY SIDE only gain!

Is it rly so bad idea that can kill already dead and dying game?

1 hour ago, Inhotep said:

Ok i am getting what you are trying to say, and i agree with most of it. What i seem to have trouble understanding is, that idea is ONE l-e-g-e-n-d-a-r-y that can -useless text wall-

1 you say?

*Stretches* Since you asked...

Clotting 3 of course

N-HVR 243 SD 'Reaper'

OCA Nano 'Connoisseur'

Stunning just for kills isn't as effective as you think, I would know i've stunned someone before 😐

It seems 1 of these threads pop up Each time i go LTL only in asylum .... 

10 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

1 you say?

*Stretches* Since you asked...

Clotting 3 of course

N-HVR 243 SD 'Reaper'

OCA Nano 'Connoisseur'

Stunning just for kills isn't as effective as you think, I would know i've stunned someone before 😐

It seems 1 of these threads pop up Each time i go LTL only in asylum .... 

Maybe if you even tried to read with your mind instead with your idk what, you would realize that i already explained those weapons you cant stun with. Its teh COMBINATION of weapons that stun.

Nano will always kill, never stun, unless you use grenade with it, count accident happening that cop will be 1 or 2m away from center of blast, count 10 other things and accidents and then you MAYBE get to stun him, unless you kill him first which happens in 99,9999% cases.

Why is it so hard to make a gun that will stun by default...not combination...no philosophy, just a ltl shotgun or pistol pig and we are done.

Again people stop replying to topic you dont even bother to read. Its annoying.  I dont want to repeat myself x1000 times.

Its not about effectiveness of stunning, ITS ABOUT NEW UNIQUE CONTENT AND MAKING A CHANGE IN HISTORY OF APB AS RTW INTENTED ALREADY SINCE THEY PROGRAMMED LESS THAN LETHAL CATEGORY OF WEAPONS AT THE GODAMN MARKETPLACE 10 YEARS AGO!!  TEN!!! AND ITS EMPTY TO THIS DAYS IN 2020!! EMPTY!! MAKE IT UN-EMPTY! 

Edited by Inhotep

1 minute ago, Inhotep said:

Its not about effectiveness of stunning, ITS ABOUT NEW UNIQUE CONTENT AND MAKING A CHANGE IN HISTORY OF APB AS RTW INTENTED ALREADY SINCE THEY PROGRAMMED LESS THAN LETHAL CATEGORY OF WEAPONS AT THE GODAMN MARKETPLACE 10 YEARS AGO!!  TEN!!! AND ITS EMPTY TO THIS DAYS IN 2020!! EMPTY!! MAKE IT UN-EMPTY! 

This may sound crazy, but maybe it's just a foreach loop going over the weapon categories.

Not specifically meant to be anything further.

When the Valentine weapons are set as a seperate category during the valentine event they also show up on the marketplace which further supports the foreach theory

On 3/11/2020 at 11:57 AM, CookiePuss said:

I think this topic has been brought up a thousand times already.

Yet this has not been heard as something "commonly requested by the community" while something that has been brought up a dozen of times indeed was...

7 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

This may sound crazy, but maybe it's just a foreach loop going over the weapon categories.

Not specifically meant to be anything further.

When the Valentine weapons are set as a seperate category during the valentine event they also show up on the marketplace which further supports the foreach theory

Ok maybe its loop and bad programming, but even if so, why not use the category then when we all are starring at it for 10 year!?  IF its already there, use it LO.  USE it !

Thats all i am saying. IT wont affect LORE, it wont affect entire game story, it will be just another legendary like yukon crosair nano etc.  

why is that such a big issue to even start considering?!  Thats what i dont understand. 

Edited by Inhotep

10 minutes ago, Inhotep said:

ITS ABOUT NEW UNIQUE CONTENT AND MAKING A CHANGE IN HISTORY OF APB AS RTW INTENTED ALREADY SINCE THEY PROGRAMMED LESS THAN LETHAL CATEGORY OF WEAPONS AT THE GODAMN MARKETPLACE 10 YEARS AGO!! 

ltl is a marketplace category because all guns used to be tradeable during rtw apb, even then ltl weapons were still restricted to enforcer only buyers

On 3/13/2020 at 2:35 PM, Solamente said:

ltl is a marketplace category because all guns used to be tradeable during rtw apb, even then ltl weapons were still restricted to enforcer only buyers

Excellent.  Since its programmed ALREADY for 10 years as marketplace category lets use it for one new legendary being pig pistol secondary, or primary stun weapon like stabba shotguns and lets change the history of APB.  Cops and crimes alike, as it was for each legendary weapon so far. 

Merged.

On 3/12/2020 at 10:52 AM, Solamente said:

if you can already stun enforcers then one more weapon that can stun enforcers isn’t exactly adding “a whole bunch” of variety or content, unless we have wildly different opinions on “a whole bunch” means

You are a person who takes every single figure of speech, every single word by word and then you comment it. Such people are bordered.  Dude its about  seeing the context, having normal mind.  

Out of entire idea in this topic, which is pretty simple to bring into realization, it merely takes community to give pro and contra arguments, and so far i didnt see any legit contra, because contra is not refering to "a whole bunch"  okay?

Thats not contra. Thats just being annoying.

All topics we had about crimes being able to arrest and stun DO NOT refer into my topic because i did not say such a thing.

Idc for arrest animation, idc for ltl being op or weak, idc for changing lore, all that will not happen if you simply add legendary weapon to the game.

This is not same topic.  I have seen nobody suggesting stun legendary in all this years.  Nobody!

I have seen people suggest crimes can arrest, can stun, can have new contacts for it, but legendary is general weapon available to both fractions. Therefore no side lose anything, we can only gain.

The key word is L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y weapon, just one, which can yes, for me add WHOLE BUNCH HUGE CHANGE into apb gaming experience.

2 minutes ago, Inhotep said:

You are a person who takes every single figure of speech, every single word by word and then you comment it. Such people are bordered.  Dude its about  seeing the context, having normal mind.  

Out of entire idea in this topic, which is pretty simple to bring into realization, it merely takes community to give pro and contra arguments, and so far i didnt see any legit contra, because contra is not refering to "a whole bunch"  okay?

Thats not contra. Thats just being annoying.

All topics we had about crimes being able to arrest and stun DO NOT refer into my topic because i did not say such a thing.

Idc for arrest animation, idc for ltl being op or weak, idc for changing lore, all that will not happen if you simply add legendary weapon to the game.

This is not same topic.  I have seen nobody suggesting stun legendary in all this years.  Nobody!

I have seen people suggest crimes can arrest, can stun, can have new contacts for it, but legendary is general weapon available to both fractions. Therefore no side lose anything, we can only gain.

The key word is L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y weapon, just one, which can yes, for me add WHOLE BUNCH HUGE CHANGE into apb gaming experience.

not sure why ur ranting at me, the very post you quoted (twice now) says i wouldn't mind if crims got ltl

if you don't want me to point out your over exaggerated statements then dont make over exaggerated statements

Just now, Solamente said:

not sure why ur ranting at me, the very post you quoted (twice now) says i wouldn't mind if crims got ltl

if you don't want me to point out your over exaggerated statements then dont make over exaggerated statements

Dude, you literally rant on me.  

There are no exaggerated statements i have made.  You didnt point into exaggerated statements about whole core of an idea,  you pointed out at grammatical usage of phrase "whole bunch". 

On 3/12/2020 at 10:52 AM, Solamente said:

if you can already stun enforcers then one more weapon that can stun enforcers isn’t exactly adding “a whole bunch” of variety or content, unless we have wildly different opinions on “a whole bunch” means

A whole bunch is refereed to the uniqueness of idea which indeed does add on variety and content, since nothing alike ever happened so far in apb.  Meaning it would be a biggest change in history of APB which is definitely a whole bunch big deal for me. 

55 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Yet this has not been heard as something "commonly requested by the community" while something that has been brought up a dozen of times indeed was...

uGZSVLx.gif

Touche.

8 hours ago, Inhotep said:

because crimes using would not have option to arrest, would not have option to prolong spawn system after the stun, would not affect any game mechanics whatsoever.

please read my post again.

it absolutely would affect crims who have it. , exactly as it happened in the past when a bug allowed crims to have LTL.

The only difference you proposed is that it wouldn't be a bug allowing crims to have LTL , and wish for a legendary for crims to have openly instead.

crims can not arrest , period. if they could then this wouldn't be an issue at all. however since crims can not arrest when that stun  happens , then enforcers get up and kill you.

stun does stun damage while hard damage is the kill damage. two different gauges on guns.taking the long time to stun then the long time to do hard damage is a major mistake.

if you are thinking stun first then kill , you are saying to literally take twice as long to kill if not longer , which means crims absolutely lose as well , because NO enforcer will just let you do that.

instead enforcers will shoot back while you have to switch guns to kill , and then the 2nd enforcer kills you or the first enforcer stunned gets up and kills you. which is exactly what happened in the past.

no thank you i know better than to just hand crims LTL . i played through that nightmare it was a guaranteed loss.

now to fix this , IF crims had their own type of arrest capture animation , THEN it could be possible.

but without that capture mechanic for crims , then no its a guaranteed enforcer win and crim loss

21 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Not sure how a lethal TG-8 or PIG would really work, but i can see the CCG shooting ball bearings.  Which is something i didn't know i needed.

The lethal TG-8 Variant would be the commadant OSCP series, it functions really similar.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The lethal TG-8 Variant would be the commadant OSCP series, it functions really similar.

Yes, but im specifically looking at the TG-8, which basically shoots poison darts.  So im kinda wondering how an ACTUAL lethal TG-8 would work.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:42 AM, Tigrix said:

Lastly, you don't even have to sacrifice your main gun for it. You just equip the pig and percs and then you still got your main rifle, whatever you prefer.
Pig+Perc is silly as hell the way it works atm.

that doesn't work out too well unless you sneak around a corner to get them. most missions do not seem to give that opportunity often.

now if you mean only when used properly then yes assuming there isnt lag and the  person can aim.

but as a whole , it doesnt go so well.

On 3/13/2020 at 9:17 PM, Fortune Runner said:

now to fix this , IF crims had their own type of arrest capture animation , THEN it could be possible.

but without that capture mechanic for crims , then no its a guaranteed enforcer win and crim loss

Please read what i said also.

What argument exactly you gave ? None.

You are saying that stun legendary for cops and crimes is not possible only because crimes have no animation to arrest cops???? What does that got to do with stun itself??

Did you ever stun a cop with perc and nano as a crime????? 

I did dozen of times.

Why would i neeed to arrest them? I am not following it...

They went on their knees, stunned, same as crime when waiting to be arrested.

I didnt have to arrest them, i simply continued with my nano to kill them. But it was fun to see cop being stunned on their knees.

Same thing i ask for legendary...just stun and proceed to kill. How hard is that ?

On 3/14/2020 at 5:28 AM, TheHidden-Tember said:

I feel like people are specifically avoiding talking about the stun grenade for some reason

because its not op, situational, and is barely used in general

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2