handsomecuffs

Motorbikes in APB Reloaded !

This, will be my first post ever anywhere on here,

its simply about the idea to develope motorbikes into the game,

possible something you would have to buy from armas to unlock,

perhaps much like key to the world pack, anyway the motorbike would come as a two seated vehicle no side waggon,

just a shiny metal beauty on two wheels with a death skull infront of it with large fire bursting throts on each side,

it could also have four slots like a car would have, and the motorbike would act as if you where in a car,

you cant take damage before you go out of it, and it would require grenades and weapon fire to blow it up etc.

you know as it alreddy is, but ofcourse the passenger on the back could shoot freely but still die like a normal drive by in a car.

in all the years i've played APB Reloaded, about ten years ago so fare, i haven't come by anything else as a wish like this,

this would become a dream come true for me, but i also think people would really love this idea to be reality,

but what do you people think in Little Orbit?

- Sincerly t0b (enf) Cannoneer (crim)

• Like 4

Hi,

One of coolest idea, max 2 ppl on it and let's rock on streets.

At the sametime;
Engine Upgrade that they decided ages ago still not released, so asking a motobike? it's pretty dream aswell.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:16 AM, handsomecuffs said:

This, will be my first post ever anywhere on here

Google or using the onsite search bar is probably a good place for you to get familiar with then.

the motorbike would act as if you where in a car,

you cant take damage before you go out of it

but ofcourse the passenger on the back could shoot freely but still die like a normal drive by in a car.

...so the driver can't die but the passenger can, yet the passenger can't climb in or out of the vehicle?

It's these reasons why it wasn't added before, you can't shoot people in cars even through glass windows.
The hitbox was the main reason why they were never added before. You can't shoot the rider but the moment he gets off you can shoot him dead doesn't make much sense or good gameplay.

Ambient-Bike-Prototype-Sports-Bike-Rear.

Ambient-Bike-Prototype-Moped-High-Poly-R

Ambient-Bike-Prototype-Dirt-Bike-High-Po

Ambient-Bike-Prototype-Cruiser-Rear.jpg

Not trying to discourage you or anything, I mean I'd like them too, but I just don't see motorcycles going well in APB.  At the moment there would be no way for you to crash a bike and fall off of it while still taking damage from the bail without dying.  Ragdolls are calculated clientside, so unless they overhaul that to make them in the specific instance of a motorcycle crash serverside then this could probably cause a lot of desync issues.  Knowing how fragile APB can be there is no telling what kind of impact calculating player ragdolls would have on the servers. 

Overhauling the ragdoll system in APB could have other potential benefits too though, like if you get hit by a car at a speed that is slow enough to not kill you, then it could ragdoll you instead of just pushing you out of the way like a solid block, kind of like GTA (but not as sensitive please, GTA is like playing QWOP) with the possibility to survive getting hit, then they could raise the speed required for a fatal hit.  Anyway, getting sidetracked.

Another issue could be balance.  Like, staying upright balance.  Motorcycles were originally planned for the game, there's a video from one of the former animators at RTW that showcased motorcycle animations, and some images of motorcycle models that were made for APB (VickyFox posted them), but they were cut.  I heard at one point that APB's engine (probably solvable with the EU) can only support no more or less than 4 wheels on a vehicle.  Probably why the Kolva isn't a dual-axle.

Stop please with what?So we will never add new things to this game or what?

Couple of things..

We dont need realism with this bikes.When you get out of the vehicle on full speed and you stand on ur feet like nothing-thats realistic?

Other thing.Player can lean out of the window of the vehicle and another player can shoot him..why if we talk about player on bike thats not gonna work for the upper side of body?Based on what logic?I doubt when player lean out of that car window thats hes entire hitbox.Looks like is the half of it

Another thing.When player hit some object on high speed- dont have to fall out of the bike.Just bike gonna take damage and thats it(like any car)I dont remember in apb when player flies through front window when crashes on object with car on high speed or anything like that.

About acceleration and balance stuff like that.Theres already this small vehicles in game(dont remember names)which accelerate super fast.So with bikes will be something similar

P.S. Oh ok i remember.Right now when player gets in vehicle hes entire hitbox like enters the other hitbox and cant upper side of player body be on its own.This cant change with the 3.5 engine upgrade or what?

Edited by TheMessiah

5 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

-We dont need realism with this bikes.When you get out of the vehicle on full speed and you stand on ur feet like nothing-thats realistic?

-Another thing.When player hit some object on high speed- dont have to fall out of the bike.Just bike gonna take damage and thats it(like any car)I dont remember in apb when player flies through front window when crashes on object with car on high speed or anything like that.

-The only reason we can get out of cars and not die at top speed is because G1 made it so you couldn't run yourself over when exiting the vehicle anymore, which was a bad design choice that also caused a major desync bug that is easy to replicate and exploit which has not been fixed and is still abused frequently to this day. 

-Do you have any idea how stupid this sounds?  Not being able to fall off of a motorcycle when you crash it?  Imagine being flipped over and your character's upper body is sticking through the ground, or you manage to stay on the motorcycle when rolling it.  That would be insanely dumb.  And just because you can't fly through your windshield isn't a good enough argument. If you crash a car IRL, you don't always go through the windshield.  If you crash a bike at a decent speed IRL you WILL fall off.  I can imagine this being one of the reasons the convertible Calabria that's in the game's files was never made available, because you couldn't fall out if it rolled over (or get shot while inside).  A bike is not a car and will not be as stable as a car.  That's two wheels in a line, not four wheels that are 2+ meters apart.  It will tip over easily if hit from the side.  I agree that APB doesn't need to be realistic but we need to at least have standards for how unrealistic something can be. 

• Like 2

Motorcycles are silly for this game, instead we should add attack helicopters and Jets, and transport aircraft to the game.

Oh and while on the subject we need tanks,  and a hummer with a hatch  emplacement mini gun, with a built in grenade launcher for effect.

On 3/20/2020 at 8:30 PM, Nabiki said:

Motorcycles are silly for this game, instead we should add attack helicopters and Jets, and transport aircraft to the game.

Oh and while on the subject we need tanks,  and a hummer with a hatch  emplacement mini gun, with a built in grenade launcher for effect.

Motorbikes are not silly, if anything they would be fit well in the game if done properly. When it comes to games nowadays vehicle actions such as turning is sent as data to the server then back to the game so that what you want to do happens like getting out of your car. The reason why motorbikes are not silly is because APB is similar to GTA its a game solely about crime of course bikes would be cool to have (if implemented properly). 

And about attack helicopters and Jets, we only have 2 districts and they're not very big, if you think about it it would actually make more sense for Little Orbit to make a big map for this game with detailed cities and a bit of countryside cities and mountains before adding something like helicopters and Jets. Still good suggestions though but a big map would make more sense to have first and currently we don't have one.

The thing is the engine that the game was made on is limited so until this game gets to a level of Unreal Engine 5 with the possibilities it has then we could probably see something like helicopters and Jets coming to the game. Maybe you don't like bikes but even if APB had them you wouldn't have to buy them because its your choice what you buy in the game and what you don't, (I'm talking about in-game $ not real money)

On 3/26/2020 at 10:05 AM, CihyKonspirator said:

Driver don't need do get damage while he is on bike... we dont need realism, we play on apb not farming simulator 😄

A certain level of realism is needed when it comes to this game so I'm going to have to disagree with your statement because it doesn't make sense, ill tell you why what you said was wrong, when a motorbike driver gets hits by a car he/she will fall off, so it wouldn't make sense to not fall off if you get hit. This would only happen if you get hit at high speed at low speed you wont fall off.

On 3/26/2020 at 1:05 PM, CihyKonspirator said:

Driver don't need do get damage while he is on bike... we dont need realism, we play on apb not farming simulator 😄

Totally, if we look for realism, there is a lot of work to do. Even before addin bikes so,

Just like @CihyKonspirator said,
It can be faster then some cars, less hp, easy drive, fraigle, max 2 ppl, one wheel drive, and ofc looks amazing with this game.

It will bring unique touch to the game. But still i am thinking same with i wrote in very this post. Release did not come yet so.

Being able to kill the driver and the passenger while their riding SHOULD be the down side to the faster speed compared to cars. Thats if you have good enough aim to hit a fast moving target like that

Edited by xXD4v1dXx