Sign in to follow this  
Sakebee

Corsair Patch Announcement

Come on LO, let me throw you money for a game I barely play any more for some of that sweet sweet box opening dopamine. Feed my addiction so I have a reason to fall back in to the pit of depression that playing APB and waiting endlessly for the engine upgrade puts me in

Yeah bunch of people are already playing with the new weapon.

Y'all cry a lot.

We also have an open letter from Matt regarding the JMB system and the release of the Corsair. You can check that out on the Blog here. OP has also been updated accordingly. 

Lmfao everyone crying about the new JMB only to still buy it 💀 y'all are a bunch of hypocritical clowns I swear, If I didn't love this game so much I'd like to see it shut down to see you all lose your shit. But eh this community is toxic and I'm pretty sure that aint changing anytime soon. Better hope LO dont get sick of y'all cryin.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

We also have an open letter from Matt regarding the JMB system and the release of the Corsair. You can check that out on the Blog here. OP has also been updated accordingly. 

Little Orbit has only released 2 legendaries in the 22 months since we took over. and it feels like we are quite a bit overdue

is it just me or does little orbit just refuse to understand that many players find joker boxes to be a bad thing?

this is probably even more true from the POV of someone outside the active community looking in (perhaps a returning vet or maybe an entirely new customer), little orbit releasing more loot boxes while the forums and steam/youtube reviews bash almost every aspect of the game is not a good look - with all the people who have quit/never started playing apb because of the rampant p2w misconceptions and the game industry at large moving towards cosmetic only microtransactions, are you not concerned that even with the engine update released that work may be overshadowed when people consider playing apb and see 23 loot boxes that all affect gameplay?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Aftokinito said:

@MattScott Cash's burning in my wallet, move your patootie and release the gambling itch relief already.

Totally disgusting.

5 hours ago, ittibitium said:

where is the box? 😮

Nowhere to be found. 😉 (like all the other times).

2 hours ago, TzickyT said:

i understand that ... but i meant if something is added on armas its also need to be checked .... than putting the game on and the gun aint available at that time ... or is it going to be available the 12th of march

Probably GMs/SPCTs/Devs have alredy it in the inventory to test if everything works as intended. But im not someone that can say or know that soo..

Let's wait as always.

1 hour ago, Aftokinito said:

Typical of Little Orbit, announcing something and delivering 3 months later, just like with the EU server migration or the engine upgrade or the anti-cheats improvements or any other promise they've ever made.

They have to be top 3 most negligent studio. Of course @MattScott is completely silent.

^

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

That means the patch notes are wrong though, then.

Then again, these JMBs are not really making this patch really compelling or exciting.

So it's only a tiny mistake!

^

Man... You folks need to work on reading comprehension.

Would save us from a lot of pointless posts.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Man... You folks need to work on reading comprehension.

Would save us from a lot of pointless posts.

I have the feeling that you think the OP said PM but it does say AM, UTC. The box was literally released 10 hours late.

30 minutes ago, Aftokinito said:

I have the feeling that you think the OP said PM but it does say AM, UTC. The box was literally released 10 hours late.

Unreal... Game patch =\= ARMAS update.

18 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

wasnt it announced it drops joker tickets for that too now? or am i mistaken

It was, but JT was never much of an incentive.  I dont even remember how much JT you were rewarded for doing it, but it was not much.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 1:33 PM, SkittyM said:

It was, but JT was never much of an incentive.  I dont even remember how much JT you were rewarded for doing it, but it was not much.

thats a surprise to me

back when G1 had kill for jt events we seen people come out of the woodwork for it

ok thanks

Edited by Fortune Runner

17 hours ago, Leefekyn said:

Now we just need the ability to cash in timed weapons from old joker boxes for JTs.

Maybe the possibility to buy Joker Boxes with Joker Tickets.

They should delete the whole Green Category from JMBs imo.

• Like 2

btw the NL9 is more lethal at range than the corsair so if you wanna shotgun snipe people up to 50m, use the NL9 instead.

If you wanna stick under 30m, the corsair is the way to go. But don't you dare try to use it above 30m.

38 minutes ago, GhosT said:

btw the NL9 is more lethal at range than the corsair so if you wanna shotgun snipe people up to 50m, use the NL9 instead.

If you wanna stick under 30m, the corsair is the way to go. But don't you dare try to use it above 30m.

which mods you use on it ?

Let us not forget the fact that this box is a bypass that allows players to buy things previously weren't accessible with real-money.. Even by the epicly-more greedy managements that were managing things before Little Orbit.

Items in the Joker Store were a symbol of dedication to those who actually keep player-counts high, players who keep the game full of life, players who prevented APB from looking like Fallen Earth 2.0 without nuclear fallout.. players who actually earned the right to wear/use these items through continuous game-play in the most combat-active districts there are, fight-clubs.

From this day forward, grinding fight-club is no longer a necessity.. dailies are not either..

With $237.6‬ spent on this box, one can get the epic:

Crown Imperial

Crown_Imperial.png

Anyone can wear a crown even before learning how a quarter of the game works by cashing in in this box (and future boxes as the plan is for boxes to "remain compelling and exciting")..

Moreover, with only $‭79.2‬, one can get a frigging FireBomb! Isn't this compelling and exciting?

emote65.png

"this is our first small step towards making sure Joker Mystery Boxes remain a compelling and exciting part of your APB gameplay."

Stop walking in this direction, please!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MattScott: "So, since it’s Joker Madness month, I have decided that in addition to the random rewards, JMB 23 will also give a guaranteed amount of Joker Tickets. That means regardless of whether you get the legendary you’re chasing, you will still earn tickets that can be spent in the Joker Store for other permanent guns."

While this is a nice thought, the better option would've been getting a loyalty-reward-selection mail in-game after a certain number of boxes have been purchased, simply because there is more to the Joker Store than just the weapons LO have added.. This was NOT thought through. Not even close.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Snubnose said:

perhaps they noticed the bad feedback and are reconsidering adding yet another gambling box 1.0

Dont do that, dont give me hope.

But there's no way they're doing that. I mean this thing is seriously low-effort too. All they did was reskin an NL9. No remodel, nothing other than a few stat changes that could be done in a single day's time and a skin that could be made in a few hours' time. They're just trying to milk it like G1 did. 3 JMB's with bad reactions from the community for all of them. If they really wanted to get people interested in JMBs again they'd remove those absolutely god awful 3-day guns from the boxes.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

If they really wanted to get people interested in JMBs again they'd remove those absolutely god awful 3-day guns from the boxes.

They could also add debundled clothing items and some interesting rare/nearly extinct items to them.

100 tickets a box, And each one is sent to your mailbox in an attachment, Easily doubleing the pages of mail you get when you buy boxes.

Still waiting for DMR AV PR2 in jokerstore.

This seems to be more "what the company needs" than "what the community wants", right? Anyways, something is being added after all, we can't deny that. LO making profit with the games is also important though. No company can run this mess without good income, and that's the burden this game carries. Too much stuff to be fixed, added and, most of the time, even reworked, but not a lot of ways to profit when there are players on this game who've had most of guns for years already.

I sincerely hope that you guys have the strengh and creativity to keep running this game. Maybe things wouldn't be that frustating if you guys listen more to the community, but the right way, that is. Adding more clothing, accessories and more itens of such would be more acceptable than a reskin'd gun. Good luck, LO. Time is ticking. 😛

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this