Sign in to follow this  
Sakebee

Corsair Patch Announcement

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

No. It's basically a NL9 with reversed stamina/soft damage, it's a regular shotgun that fires slugs instead of pellets.

They even recycled the NL9 model and didn't change it at all so there's that.

Ok but isnt the reversed stamina / soft damage exactly the thing nano knows to do sometimes?  Since i as crim sometimes stunned cops with my nano with some combination of perc and primary weapon

25 minutes ago, Inhotep said:

Ok but isnt the reversed stamina / soft damage exactly the thing nano knows to do sometimes?  Since i as crim sometimes stunned cops with my nano with some combination of perc and primary weapon

Maybe, we don't have official stats yet.

1 hour ago, Inhotep said:

So question we are all wondering, is this shotgun gonna be stabba ? change of apb history that crimes can stun as well? We dont need special animations of arresting or whatever, we only need ability to stun that is already there when you stunned and forced to kneel. 

If its just regular shotgun, its pretty pointless imo. 

the corsair is not ltl afaik

it might do decent stamina damage, but that’s no different from every other shotgun

Why would you ever add even more of those joker shit boxes. Just release the gun for direct buy like all the other armas weapons for like 30$. You just took a major hit to your reputation by releasing yet another jmb and saying that ridiculous statement. Sad.

"This is our first small step towards making sure Joker Mystery Boxes remain a compelling and exciting part of your APB gameplay."

What a sad joke of a statement. They never were compelling and exciting and never will, no matter what you do or add to them. Paying for trash with a tiny possibility of getting something decent never is. Gambling in games is god damn atrocious.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Senodus said:

Why would you ever add even more of those joker shit boxes. Just release the gun for direct buy like all the other armas weapons for like 30$. You just took a major hit to your reputation by releasing yet another jmb and saying that ridiculous statement. Sad.

"This is our first small step towards making sure Joker Mystery Boxes remain a compelling and exciting part of your APB gameplay."

What a sad joke of a statement. They never were compelling and exciting and never will, no matter what you do or add to them. Paying for trash with a tiny possibility of getting something decent never is. Gambling in games is god damn atrocious.

surprised more people didnt point that out with the showstopper box

3 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

surprised more people didnt point that out with the showstopper box

For me with the first 2 jmb's I was like "they just took over and need some funding boost + they said they will make them so it's not gambling soon because some countries banning lootboxes" but all the time passed and nothing changed. Worse, they release an absolutely ridiculous statement that they will not only keep them in, but try hard to make us keep buying as many jmb's as possible on top of that. Disgusting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

Why release a Shotgun when you seem to still have the rebalance going on? I doubt the last patch will be the final one in the forseeable future. Imagine winning this thing just to have it reworked next month or so.

Edit:

Apparently it's not a shotgun by game mechanics, but only visually? Where are the stats?

The rebalance is done.  But like all things it's not the last time any of those guns will be adjusted.  The issue with weapon balancing is that not a lot of people are involved with it (from the community side of things) so things can change later on.

It is also a shotgun by game mechanics.  Not sure what else it could be.

2 hours ago, SkittyM said:

The rebalance is done.  But like all things it's not the last time any of those guns will be adjusted.  The issue with weapon balancing is that not a lot of people are involved with it (from the community side of things) so things can change later on.

I hope that isnt the case, the shotgun/smg balance was close to perfect until LO touched it the first time around. OCA was slightly too strong but other than they were fine. They would outgun longrange / midrange in cqc unless you messed up bigtime. Now i feel better of with a pistol in most cenarios, considering how unreliable and boring most of the cqc guns feel after the rebalancing.

As for the people not getting involved with testing, I think a lot of it has to do with regardless of how good you are or how good you express yourself it seems to always fall on deaf ears. This is the same reason that you don’t see a lot of high tier players participate on the forums, why make a detailed and lengthy post explaining something when the majority opinion always seem to prevail. 

19 minutes ago, shft said:

I hope that isnt the case, the shotgun/smg balance was close to perfect until LO touched it the first time around. OCA was slightly too strong but other than they were fine. They would outgun longrange / midrange in cqc unless you messed up bigtime. Now i feel better of with a pistol in most cenarios, considering how unreliable and boring most of the cqc guns feel after the rebalancing.

As for the people not getting involved with testing, I think a lot of it has to do with regardless of how good you are or how good you express yourself it seems to always fall on deaf ears. This is the same reason that you don’t see a lot of high tier players participate on the forums, why make a detailed and lengthy post explaining something when the majority opinion always seem to prevail. 

Idk LO's obsession with shotguns other than them being "too strong" or something.  Currently i think they're okay, mostly just glad we got rid of pellet scaling.

People not involved with testing i think has more to do with there not being much reason to do it.  You don't get anything from it really and most players are more into leveling up characters and such. 

Honestly there's nothing wrong with writing a lengthy post (assuming its not like 5 paragraphs reciting the same thing).  The posts are in fact read and do come up in talks but sometimes there's a direction being aimed for resulting in posts seemingly getting ignored.  LO DOES read posts, just note that what you want may not be what is being aimed for or requires other things to happen.

19 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

People not involved with testing i think has more to do with there not being much reason to do it.  You don't get anything from it really and most players are more into leveling up characters and such. 

wasnt it announced it drops joker tickets for that too now? or am i mistaken

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

wasnt it announced it drops joker tickets for that too now? or am i mistaken

I think so. 100jt per box or something?
So if you spend $100 on JMB and get no legendary, at least you can get a $100 3slot gun from the Joker Store.

Now we just need the ability to cash in timed weapons from old joker boxes for JTs.

Maybe the possibility to buy Joker Boxes with Joker Tickets.

• Like 3

release OP legendary and than nerf next 2 months.

Edited by Deadliest

1 hour ago, TzickyT said:

JwFQ14a.png

so when are they online the joker boxes ?

I would wait with that question to 2 pm (UTC+1). Patch was supposed to go for 4 hours so I guess they still changing something in ARMAs.

Edit: Alright, it's 2 pm. Question is valid.

Edited by Mitne

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

I would wait with that question to 2 pm (UTC+1). Patch was supposed to go for 4 hours so I guess they still changing something in ARMAs.

Edit: Alright, it's 2 pm. Question is valid.

normaly need to be up when servers go up ... i would suggest just to put the servers offline for the ammount of time they suggest them being offline

would be handier so everything can be tested before they put on the servers again.

35 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

normaly need to be up when servers go up ... i would suggest just to put the servers offline for the ammount of time they suggest them being offline

would be handier so everything can be tested before they put on the servers again.

Gamersfirst and APB Servers are seperate. Probably Corsair is in-game but nobody have it yet since there is no JMB 23.

Edited by Mitne

14 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Gamersfirst and APB Servers are seperate. Probably Corsair is in-game but nobody have it yet since there is no JMB 23.

^this^

The patch is for the game, not the website.

12 minutes ago, Mitne said:

i understand that ... but i meant if something is added on armas its also need to be checked .... than putting the game on and the gun aint available at that time ... or is it going to be available the 12th of march

Typical of Little Orbit, announcing something and delivering 3 months later, just like with the EU server migration or the engine upgrade or the anti-cheats improvements or any other promise they've ever made.

They have to be top 3 most negligent studio. Of course @MattScott is completely silent.

perhaps they noticed the bad feedback and are reconsidering adding yet another gambling box 1.0

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

That means the patch notes are wrong though, then.

Then again, these JMBs are not really making this patch really compelling or exciting.

So it's only a tiny mistake!

Edited by Haganu

Sign in to follow this