Sign in to follow this  
Sakebee

Corsair Patch Announcement

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 3/11/2020. The Patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 4 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

OVERVIEW

This patch adds JMB 23 and the new legendary slug shotgun, the RHD LS1 "Corsair," into the game. You can read an open letter from Matt Scott about these changes on our blog.

CHANGES/FIXES

• JMB 23 added to ARMAS
  • RHD LS1 "Corsair" added to the game

This post is cross-referenced under Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

"This is our first small step towards making sure Joker Mystery Boxes remain a compelling and exciting part of your APB gameplay."

emote60.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lily Rain said:

"This is our first small step towards making sure Joker Mystery Boxes remain a compelling and exciting part of your APB gameplay."

emote60.png

No childs crying allowed sry. 😮

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lily Rain said:

they have to make money somehow until there is a valid and worthwhile alternative or we wont be here long from no funding

besides many guns were put on joker tickets that used to be armas only so this is fine by me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

they have to make money somehow until there is a valid and worthwhile alternative or we wont be here long from no funding

besides many guns were put on joker tickets that used to be armas only so this is fine by me.

Economy-wise, they can always sell the weapon without the box. However............

There is no "until" in "remain", my dear.. emote80.png

#ThisIsOurFirstSmallStepTowardsMakingSureJokerMysteryBoxesRemainACompellingAndExcitingPartOfYourAPBGameplay."

unknown.png

unknown.png

Whalecum to the legendary meme

Jebaited.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

JMBs really shouldn't be increasing in number. Phase them out relatively quickly. Armas weapons are fine, but JMBs are just unacceptable in my opinion. Instead of possibly milking the players that remain - add new content that if it has to cost, is 1 payment with guaranteed receipt of the item. Like every other Armas weapon/car/etc..

Just my opinion, but I hate the sheer randomness of JMBs and how predatory they are, like every other lootbox.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

idk why people have issues with JMBs. most people buy them with leftover g1c and dont really expect much from them. If you're slamming $50 to get the new legendary, and you dont get it, its your fault for not buying it with your over-inflated APB$ that most players have been earning for nearly a decade now, with no real money sinks to take the money away from them. Even if you do blow $8m in game, still going back to someone else.

you dont gain any significant advantage (if any at all) so why take issue with it when it's one of the only effective ways to monetize APB?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

amazing!! cant wait to try this new update out!!! keep it up :)))

Why release a Shotgun when you seem to still have the rebalance going on? I doubt the last patch will be the final one in the forseeable future. Imagine winning this thing just to have it reworked next month or so.

Edit:

Apparently it's not a shotgun by game mechanics, but only visually? Where are the stats?

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

why do people get butthurt over yet another jmb? those who still play this game are mostly the cash cows asking to be milked. and lo won't run on an empty stomach so. win-win?

• Like 3

"new content"

:^) 

Also, strong move on putting the new gun behind a gambling wall. Glad LO took that long hard look at JMBs.

Edited by Fasalina
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, claude said:

idk why people have issues with JMBs.

it’s less the joker boxes themselves and more little orbit’s repeated promises about making monetization more consumer friendly despite this continued reliance on distinctly not consumer friendly armas content 

its a pretty big red flag imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, claude said:

idk why people have issues with JMBs. most people buy them with leftover g1c and dont really expect much from them

that's what im thinking about when i say dont have a major problem with them.

2 minutes ago, Solamente said:

it’s less the joker boxes themselves and more little orbit’s repeated promises about making monetization more consumer friendly despite this continued reliance on distinctly not consumer friendly armas content 

its a pretty big red flag imo

details please im too exhausted to think from working.

seriously please

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

details please im too exhausted to think from working.

seriously please

those are all the details needed

claiming that you don’t want to be seen as milking the community at the same time as 75% of new weapons are in joker boxes is worrying behavior as far as im concerned, at what point is this just considered straight up lying?

• Like 2

Why not just realeasing it as a paid weapon on armas? Why we have to gamble for it? I understand that JMB's are way more profitable for little orbit and they need to make money, but this is a wrong way to go imo...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Venda said:

Why not just realeasing it as a paid weapon on armas? Why we have to gamble for it? I understand that JMB's are way more profitable for little orbit and they need to make money, but this is a wrong way to go imo...

Maybe they don't have ideas for new legendaries?

3 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Maybe they don't have ideas for new legendaries?

o5oytJL.jpg

take that, liberals

• Like 4

I wonder how many times the Corsair will be rebalanced, as you guys really love reworking all the shotguns for no reason at all.

woah this patch fixes my issue with crashing with 20 serie cards!

im very happy! thanks for solving the issue for us peasants who dare upgrade our hardware!

/s

Also lol at your third JMB while you guys promised not to milk us like G1 did.

By the way, does this patch include the 100 joker tickets per JMB so they're at least somewhat worth it?

Also kinda ironic how joker tickets were supposed to be the free equivalent to G1C yet they're starting to sell them for G1C.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Look, you guys nerfed the best JMB shotgun, I almost bought all JMB guns before but you guys nerfed the best shotgun I got from them. This thing wasn't even useful if your enemy knew how to walk backwards, it has a wind-up timer and was just a gimmicky JMB gun really, it was decent in its niche moments and most of all funny in those niche moments. So yeah I spend a lot of money to get that shotgun could have spend less while waiting and buying it off some re-seller for APB$ but no I wanted it and wanted to support the game. Had fun in its niche moments and you nerfed that real money gun while it's far from any meta. Never will be meta.

You nerfed that and now you bring me a new shotgun. 

I understand. I understand that every business needs funds and I support that if I like the product. That's business, right? On the small player base we still have left you shouldn't nerf what we bought left for absolutely non-reasons and then offer new stuff right, I honestly do not think that's how business flourishes. It's a kick in the balls. Almost enough to be done and refund, while you didn't even sell it to me you just nerfed it.

Whoever is helping you with these idea's, isn't helping, really. Thank you, whoever you are. Sure you'll sell some like this. Applause for you. 1000iq

39 minutes ago, Alani said:

woah this patch fixes my issue with crashing with 20 serie cards!

im very happy! thanks for solving the issue for us peasants who dare upgrade our hardware!

/s

I feel for you but having you buy into those early 20 series rtx cards is the biggest scam nvidia ever pulled.

Edited by DeepLearningSuperSampling

So question we are all wondering, is this shotgun gonna be stabba ? change of apb history that crimes can stun as well? We dont need special animations of arresting or whatever, we only need ability to stun that is already there when you stunned and forced to kneel. 

If its just regular shotgun, its pretty pointless imo. 

Just now, Inhotep said:

So question we are all wondering, is this shotgun gonna be stabba ? change of apb history that crimes can stun as well? We dont need special animations of arresting or whatever, we only need ability to stun that is already there when you stunned and forced to kneel. 

If its just regular shotgun, its pretty pointless imo. 

No. It's basically a NL9 with reversed stamina/soft damage, it's a regular shotgun that fires slugs instead of pellets.

They even recycled the NL9 model and didn't change it at all so there's that.

Sign in to follow this