Nivo

Brief case items.

Is there is reason as to why so many people are generally able to jump and run with this item in a fast paced manner?

because it’s possible?

im not really sure what you’re asking here tbh

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

because it’s possible?

im not really sure what you’re asking here tbh

Is possible cuz of exploits*.

Cheats, macros, exploits, alternative ways to play.. cmon.. just stop doing these things, is not difficult, play the game in the way its meant to.

Nah?

Right, nah.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Cheats, macros, exploits, alternative ways to play.. cmon.. just stop doing these things, is not difficult, play the game in the way its meant to.

Nah?

Right, nah.

i’m not sure it’s really an exploit given that g1 intentionally fixed the same issue with heavy items but left medium items alone

56 minutes ago, Nivo said:

Is there is reason as to why so many people are generally able to jump and run with this item in a fast paced manner?

This is one of those things players learn over time how to do reliably by dropping the item, jumping and picking it up again (all while running forward).

I struggled with this at first as well, but by now I can do it pretty reliably on both servers. The added ping can be an extra challenge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Nah?

Right, nah.

wtf, you just tap the keys... is jump leaning an exploit?

39 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Shooting and moving at the same time is an exploit.

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Shooting and moving at the same time is an exploit.

Isn't the way people open doors while jumping also an "exploit" ?

Clearly everyone that logs in should just get banned... Where's punkbuster at it's perfect for this.

That isn't an intended feature but somehow G1 and LO don't care.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Not while it looked like the dude was bunny hopping across the street with it. I’ll record it next time and post it.

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

I know it wasn’t but it used more now then it was before. Seems like some people became butt hurt over a general question. 

5 minutes ago, Nivo said:

Not while it looked like the dude was bunny hopping across the street with it. I’ll record it next time and post it.

I know it wasn’t but it used more now then it was before. Seems like some people became butt hurt over a general question. 

No, I mean you dont need to do anything special, no macro needed, no hack needed... its just a series of buttons you press... similar to jump-leaning.

5 hours ago, GhosT said:

I always saw it a bit like the jumping door kick - it's not intended, but most people I've encountered in game just see it as the way the game should function. Attacking may be a bit easier if you could walk faster with medium items or use a secondary at the same time, but for now being able to move slightly quicker via the jumping method seems to be the solution. Mentally I file these types of issues under mission improvements which the game is long overdue.

• Thanks 1

>jumping with brief case

pretty sure u can jump when carrying brief case

i dont remember when you couldnt???? what the fuck is this thread??????

1 hour ago, Alani said:

>jumping with brief case

pretty sure u can jump when carrying brief case

i dont remember when you couldnt???? what the fuck is this thread??????

... really? Did you not read anything in here? Not even the OP?

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

No, I mean you dont need to do anything special, no macro needed, no hack needed... its just a series of buttons you press... similar to jump-leaning.

I know that much, it's just op in certain situations its kid of annoying. but fuck it ill just learn how to do it then.

Not being able to sprint with medium items makes no sense to begin with. You could just hug it and sprint or something you know, you remain unarmed anyway and not using your other hand to shoot your secondary looks way more dumb.

Also frick heavy items, let's remove those from the game.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Nivo said:

fuck it ill just learn how to do it then

honestly, that's how I felt about it too

once you get the hang of it, its a bit more fun than the slow jog

you'll see

23 hours ago, Nivo said:

because there is an exploit that's never been fixed with it which negates the movement speed reduction and lets you move it at sprint speed with it. I'm sure there's a number of people who have set up macros for it as well. It's dumb af that they havn't fixed it. There's movement speed limits on items for a reason. They fixed it on heavy items by making it extremely clunky to move them. The reason they havn't fixed it on medium items is probably because they refuse to make moving them a little clunky to prevent the glitch abuse.

9 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

I always saw it a bit like the jumping door kick - it's not intended, but most people I've encountered in game just see it as the way the game should function. Attacking may be a bit easier if you could walk faster with medium items or use a secondary at the same time, but for now being able to move slightly quicker via the jumping method seems to be the solution. Mentally I file these types of issues under mission improvements which the game is long overdue.

The problem is that it makes you move medium items which have a forced movement speed limit, able to be moved at sprint speed. It's not how the game "should" function, and its not a solution. It's simply something they refuse to fix and that people abuse for easy wins.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Games having emergent mechanics that allow a larger skill ceiling?

REMOVE IT

12 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Games having emergent mechanics that allow a larger skill ceiling?

REMOVE IT

Games have mechanics which are able to be bypassed when they inadvertantly removed animations to make the game smoother? Quick exploit the removed animations to bypass the games natural movement speed reductions!

The only acceptable one is the door kick. It's stupid af that they havn't made any animations/other ways like grenades to open doors by now while fixing it in 7 FUCKING YEARS!

Don't make me laugh with the "larger skill ceiling" for abusing exploits. Hur x + f + spacebar so hard, such high skill huur. Enemies can't catch up to me now without grabbing a vehicle. Lucky me I moved the item ~60m by the time they spawned and another 18 by the time they got into a vehicle! huuur so hard to do.

The movement exploit isn't hard, it isn't some high skill ceiling brainiac move. It's low effort, high reward, with no drawbacks which bypasses the games basic movement mechanisms. You can say "oh but if you miss it once" yes, if you miss it once after jumping 30m, you've still moved 2x further than otherwise, and a 1s hick-up isn't going to negate that fact.

Just because bad players rely on abusing a mechanic it doesn't mean it should exist.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 3/9/2020 at 7:32 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

simply something they refuse to fix and that people abuse for easy wins.

maybe im crazy but , well you could you know , just shoot them 😁

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

maybe im crazy but , well you could you know , just shoot them 😁

You know damn well that it doesn't work that easily ingame, and "just shoot them" doesn't negate the fact that its an exploit that's consistently being abused.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1