Sign in to follow this  
AxeTurboAgresor

APB 2 graphic - please dont do this

i can’t say i really give a shit what the game looks like as long as it runs better than it does now 

if my eyes really start to bleed there’s always configs or programs like reshade 

I do care a lot about how the game looks. I know some tryhards disable everything possible, up to animations / player customization  / default characters etc. No I want it to look as good as possible even if that means their screen has a slight / debatable advantage over my screen. Same for shadows. I don't want to play something that looks like 8bit in 2020 on my 2019 hardware. Even the current APB can be tweaked towards pretty nice visuals if you are willing to sacrifice some performance, even more when shaders were allowed. But again other people used it to gain advantage instead of graphical quality.  Anyway, I do like such looks and I have the opinion that a screenshot doesn't fully resemble what this look is like while actually playing the game. I know how that sounds but really it is different while playing. Then again I do play those other games as well so I might be biased.  What I personally would like to know is how it runs in 4k, but I'm sure there are more pressing matters for now.

7 hours ago, Cuve said:

And this is exactly why my patootie is quitting when / if that releases 🙂

Good

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2020 at 2:52 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I’d like to weigh in here and try to eliminate the confusion. In the spirit of transparency, I post undoctored shots to the Engine Upgrade thread. So that is how APB 2.1 looks right now.

But none of the districts have final lighting or color balance. I want to see solid performance before we spend any more time on look and feel.

Having said that, there are lots of knobs and dials we hope to use soon in order to get the proper look that compliments the gameplay and still feels like APB.

Thanks,

Matt

Appreciate the response. Certainly explains the out-of-the-box UE3 style shaders present in preview images.

On a related note: I'm getting quite tired of waiting, and the constant missteps are pretty frustrating to see. Hope you can sort things out and pull this project together - even if I've personally all but fully checked out from APB by this stage. Just really tough to see mistake after mistake piling up. I know you are doing your best. I know your team is too... but I keep finding myself going back to something I said a while go. Which was more or less that you've got the right ideas, but the wrong approach.

With any luck you'll be proving me all kinds of wrong soon though! Best of luck man (I really mean that too! Not in the "screw you" sorta way, I swear!)

On 3/12/2020 at 4:36 PM, Sentaii said:

doubt that.

Same lmao, but it looks so baadddd

Sign in to follow this