SkyFix

A new threat level?

So I am currantly stuck between Silver and Gold, an idea came to mind where if we had another threat level, this would make it easier to have a precise threat for some players

Let me introduce: Master/Pink threat

This would be a new threat above gold and will be needing double the experience then what it takes to get gold.

qwNuTQa.png

npgWcdM.png

Edited by SkyFix

They will eventually be reworking matchmaking and removing threat levels. I imagine it will be some sort of SBMM implementation.

8 hours ago, BIank said:

They will eventually be reworking matchmaking and removing threat levels. I imagine it will be some sort of SBMM implementation.

That could be a solution too. But adding an additional threat will make players come back as they 'redid' the levels, new players will try to get it and play even more.

On 3/9/2020 at 12:13 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

A new threat level/colour does not do anything.

Not a color but above gold would do alot for players who want to be the best.

We'll further lose 10% of the current Silver-population due to increased toxicity towards them

#SilverIsTheNewBronze

--------------------------------------------

But I'll have you know.. if such a new threat exists.. it should be limited to LTL-Enforcers as they are the ones with true-skill in this game. Don't you dare ever again give fancy badges to newb pmg-criminulz.

PMG-noobs shouldn't be allowed to up-threat

#LTLMasterRace

2 hours ago, SkyFix said:

That could be a solution too. But adding an additional threat will make players come back as they 'redid' the levels, new players will try to get it and play even more.

Not a color but above gold would do alot for players who want to be the best.

The colour of threat is not taken in to account. It is only a rough graphical indicator. Your actual skill rating is your hidden ELO/MMR, adding another threat level does not actually effect the underyling threat level system.

Guest Zilsux

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum.

Pink is NOT a recognizable qualification metal.

But no, I do not believe this is a good idea, after all, Ranks are being worked on to eventually be eliminated.

I like the foundation of the threat system. At a glance I can tell whether I should let him get his hands on the briefcase or not lol

Many is asking Why Pink!? And some say platinum is better, differing Platinum and Silver is hard, having it be pink will make it easy to see what threat

On 3/25/2020 at 4:52 PM, SkyFix said:

Many is asking Why Pink!? And some say platinum is better, differing Platinum and Silver is hard, having it be pink will make it easy to see what threat

I think that the colour pink doesn't give a serious enough reflection for players of the highest threat.

Little Orbit I believe has the intention to add colour blind mode for APB once the engine upgrade is live.
Platinum could be used as a light blue.

A new threat level would not benefit but would spread the population out instead. It would actually be a major negative.

I would rather wait for when it is time to do actual reworking on threat and matchmaking since the  engine upgrade is needed to fix many other problems like phasing.