L0pht

Streamers beware

Hello , I used to stream APB on a daily basics 3 weeks ago , about a week ago I was getting ready to jump on APB to play some games with my friends, and when I try to log in I found out I was permanently suspended. I was extremely shocked , decided to contact support to find some answers and help. When I contacted support they told me that my account was listed on a buy/sell website. I told them that I didn't list my account on any website. They just asked me for a lot of information about my account which I provided. Support said that they can confirm that I am the owner of the account but that they can't give me my account back. I kept on trying to talk to them but they just keep refusing to help me try and get my account back. Few days after I sent my first ticket , I found out that someone went on my past broadcasts and took screenshots of my weapons list , car list , and character list. Which they used to post on the website and act like it was me selling the account. Im afraid that there might be other streamers in risk. I lost my OBT account with over 5k hours on it and thousands of dollar spent to some toxic person. I really hope no other streamer goes through this. I wish one day I can get my account back.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I guess I will have to stop streaming APB too from now on permanently.

Pity...

• Like 1

🤔 not sure that's how it works

1 minute ago, Iazer said:

🤔 not sure that's how it works

Once you put someone character name/info on a buy/sell website , anyone can report it to support and they will just ban you.

46 minutes ago, L0pht said:

Hello , I used to stream APB on a daily basics 3 weeks ago , about a week ago I was getting ready to jump on APB to play some games with my friends, and when I try to log in I found out I was permanently suspended. I was extremely shocked , decided to contact support to find some answers and help. When I contacted support they told me that my account was listed on a buy/sell website. I told them that I didn't list my account on any website. They just asked me for a lot of information about my account which I provided. Support said that they can confirm that I am the owner of the account but that they can't give me my account back. I kept on trying to talk to them but they just keep refusing to help me try and get my account back. Few days after I sent my first ticket , I found out that someone went on my past broadcasts and took screenshots of my weapons list , car list , and character list. Which they used to post on the website and act like it was me selling the account. Im afraid that there might be other streamers in risk. I lost my OBT account with over 5k hours on it and thousands of dollar spent to some toxic person. I really hope no other streamer goes through this. I wish one day I can get my account back.

21 minutes ago, L0pht said:

Once you put someone character name/info on a buy/sell website , anyone can report it to support and they will just ban you.

HXcCzNw.gif

• Like 1

I'm gonna say doubt on this one.

How much were you selling your account for? I heard decent accounts can go for a few hundred. Surprising since APB is such a dead game.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

HXcCzNw.gif

While I agree that they won't "just ban you", how will Support verify if it is a legit attempt to sell one's account? One way could be to check the posted images of inventories and character names and hold that up against the actual account data. If it matches and this is evaluated by Support to be sufficient proof, then "ban"?

I'm neither here to speculate about the modus operandi of Support nor to stir up a streamer-ban hysteria, but as suggested above - an overlay to at least hide login details and character list would/should be very common sense for streamers.

IfLbe4T.gif

• Like 6

seems like a lot of effort for someone to go through just to scam someone although i suppose if it was just someone out to get you it might be plausible, apb has its fair share of weirdos

i find it strange that support would ban just based on some lists matching up, if i were in charge i'd at least wait for a more concrete red flag like the account suddenly being accessed from a different location or something

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Solamente said:

seems like a lot of effort for someone to go through just to scam someone although i suppose if it was just someone out to get you it might be plausible, apb has its fair share of weirdos

i find it strange that support would ban just based on some lists matching up, if i were in charge i'd at least wait for a more concrete red flag like the account suddenly being accessed from a different location or something

Exactly , Thank you. It’s better for them to just have me create a new account and spend a lot of money again getting weapons. I’m never playing again without my account.

Edited by L0pht

On 3/5/2020 at 6:29 AM, L0pht said:

You know I somehow doubt what you are saying I streamed for years my character list was shown, people even saw all the items on my account when I did weapon swaps, Not once did I ever run into this issue, nor did I get a ban.

This is a sad attempt to turn people against Little Orbit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Nabiki said:

You know I somehow doubt what you are saying I streamed for years my character list was shown, people even saw all the items on my account when I did weapon swaps, Not once did I ever run into this issue, nor did I get a ban.

This is a sad attempt to turn people against Little Orbit.

You clearly don't know how toxic Jericho players are. Also 90% of the population is already against Little Orbit , so I don't know what point you trying to prove. 

37 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

qohApoJ.gif

I don't understand why you have to express your opinion twice.

Edited by L0pht

seriously who would waste their time to do this? good easy ban good job LO

2 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

Good easy ban when fair fight gotchu broda , still got a second chance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, L0pht said:

Good easy ban when fair fight gotchu broda , still got a second chance.

false banned easy unban + got compensated m8

Edited by Deadliest

I wouldn't put it past LO. They suspended me from trading with my own characters because I logged while using a popular  VPN service.

• Like 1

You are under arrest for illegally selling lethal arms

emote40.png

If even support refuses to give back your account, you could always try to talk it out with MattScott. 

I'm not going to judge like half this thread. I don't know what happened. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deadliest said:

I would totally do it if some player trolled me on game and i happen to know that he/she streams.

-ButthurtPlayerWithTime

9 hours ago, L0pht said:

I don't understand why you have to express your opinion twice.

I'm getting forgetful in my old age.

BqzgCzs.gif

(btw Im just meming, I have no idea what actually happened so if it was a mistake you have my sympathy)

Edited by CookiePuss

8 hours ago, Haganu said:

If even support refuses to give back your account, you could always try to talk it out with MattScott. 

I'm not going to judge like half this thread. I don't know what happened. 

I wouldn't say it is so much judgement its just that we have had cases like this before where the OP claims they did no wrong, and well they are sometimes vague on information or omitting things to get the community behind them when in fact they very well did something as gregarious as selling an account which is against the terms of service.

I have had a number of people asking to buy my N-tec Urses from me some of which want to pay real world currency I refuse to sell it to them, and recently we had a player in district offering to buy/trade/sell Legendary items for in-game stuff which is Legal, but then they take it a step further saying they accept trade via Paypal which is against the terms of service.

Edited by Nabiki
Another tidbit.

It is his voice against LO's voice.

Oh wait, LO never took a stance...

This might hurt APB livestreaming even more, so it might be useful to hear official LO stance about this, regardless of what happened to original poster.

• Like 1

APB and everything involved with it just doesn't stop to amaze me even after all those years.

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 1