Sign in to follow this  
Nivo

FBW or .45 What is your preference?

FBW or .45  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer to make people rage with.

• FBW

.45 is pretty lethal l, still do love

the fbw though.

Both have their strengths and drawbacks.

45 has ttk and range advantage, but 5stk and a 7 round mag, and by 40m (max damage range) it gets a bit RNG-y

FBW you get 15 fucking shots per mag, (only needing 6) and its plenty accurate for its intended range

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Once you get the hang of the .45, it is by far the most satisfying side arm to ttk enemies with and it has that high risk high reward factor which makes it more fun and clutchy. Personally I've been using the .45 ever since it came out and never felt the need to choose the fbw over it anytime.

Fbw on the other hand is kinda boring and too easy/risk free yet a good fbw player will almost always lose to a good/consistent .45 player because of how those two guns perform.

• Like 1

i use the fbw because i’m not a big owner 

• Thanks 1

If you're a low latency player, get the .45. If you're a high latency player, get obeya fbw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know why, but I feel like an idiot trying to use the FBW. it is just the one gun that despite how many times I've tried throughout APB I just can't use it. This also extends to going against it. Someone pulls out an FBW? My brain turns to mush and I die every time. Kryptonite.

I love the .45 though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Both have their strengths and drawbacks.

45 has ttk and range advantage, but 5stk and a 7 round mag, and by 40m (max damage range) it gets a bit RNG-y

FBW you get 15 fucking shots per mag, (only needing 6) and its plenty accurate for its intended range

I think also the main feature of the .45 is its quick time to equip, making it specially useful in some specific combinations of weapons. But correct me if I'm wrong.

45 equip slower than the fbw

i like the fbw cause i can kill multiple players at once with it.

.45 is nice if you have capped/high fps and low latency

33 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

45 is nice if you have capped/high fps and low latency

well heck, all guns are nicer with good fps and low latency

• Like 1

no clue why people downvoted me for saying .45 is better with low latency than fbw. It's a fact.

i always say the same, in the past I played hoplon with 50ms and now i play USA with 170-190ms.

when I played hoplon, my main guns were carbine and .45 (with 50ms).

now that I play in USA, my main guns are ursus, obeya fbw and obeya cr762 (with 150+ms).

5 minutes ago, Gothina said:

ACT44 Golden Marksman PR1

Gtfo you’re drunk.

10 hours ago, Salvick said:

I think also the main feature of the .45 is its quick time to equip, making it specially useful in some specific combinations of weapons. But correct me if I'm wrong.

that's the fr0g. .45 has ttk advantage

.45 and fr0g, can't go back to fbw.

• Like 1

.45 AP is definitely better if you have the aim required for it so for a good player, it is the superior choice. The FBW is just the easy way to go but it's ttk is higher. I still do think that the FBW is too easy. You have the mobility that secondaries carry so you can strafe and jiggle everywhere (as you don't ADS with it). You have 15 shots where you only need to hit 6 which not only means that you can miss all day long but if you don't miss, you can take out two players with one mag. It's very accurate for it's 30m drop off range, it's very spammy and it takes no skill to handle it since it has no real recoil, nothing to recover from etc. Then you also have the Sight Zero variant of the FBW which gives it RS1 and takes it's hipfire accuracy ever so slightly higher. It's an unpopular opinion but I'd go as far as to say that the FBW needs a slight nerf in some regard. It's literally a pocket carbine that you can spam when you can't handle your primary in tighter situations.

.45 AP is my choice definitely.

Edit: In regards to the latency argument, I still used to play .45 AP on NA when I still had 160ms there and owned with it 😛  (so I'd say it's still perfectly capable if you have the aim for it)

Edited by Flaws

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

well heck, all guns are nicer with good fps and low latency

but if you miss a few shots with the .45 you basically have to reload.  You could miss the majority of FBW shots and still kill without reloading.

As an OBIR player, 1 burst + .45 = Mmmmmmmm. ^^

I usually make sure I got some cover to reload but .45 is better in my opinion.

FBW is good if you are veteran of Joker Carbines tho.

Edited by Mitne

Back in the older days I used to use .45 a LOT but switching over to FBW for the longest time I can remember now. I am used to the FBW and prefer it over the .45 over the movement it gives you, the .45 pretty much requires you to be very static, precise and fast.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flaws said:

.45 AP is definitely better if you have the aim required for it so for a good player, it is the superior choice. The FBW is just the easy way to go but it's ttk is higher. I still do think that the FBW is too easy. You have the mobility that secondaries carry so you can strafe and jiggle everywhere (as you don't ADS with it). You have 15 shots where you only need to hit 6 which not only means that you can miss all day long but if you don't miss, you can take out two players with one mag. It's very accurate for it's 30m drop off range, it's very spammy and it takes no skill to handle it since it has no real recoil, nothing to recover from etc. Then you also have the Sight Zero variant of the FBW which gives it RS1 and takes it's hipfire accuracy ever so slightly higher. It's an unpopular opinion but I'd go as far as to say that the FBW needs a slight nerf in some regard. It's literally a pocket carbine that you can spam when you can't handle your primary in tighter situations.

.45 AP is my choice definitely.

Edit: In regards to the latency argument, I still used to play .45 AP on NA when I still had 160ms there and owned with it 😛  (so I'd say it's still perfectly capable if you have the aim for it)

PLEASE GOD  nerf that spammy trash FBW.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:35 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I don't know why, but I feel like an idiot trying to use the FBW. it is just the one gun that despite how many times I've tried throughout APB I just can't use it. This also extends to going against it. Someone pulls out an FBW? My brain turns to mush and I die every time. Kryptonite.

I love the .45 though.

Same. Its that one gun I was never able to learn and baffles me when I see people (and myself) getting clapped by it. The .45 and my NFA are nice tho lol, nothing like a good mini-brrrt point blank

Jag föredrar FBW eftersom att man har råd att missa lite mer bulor än med .45. 

1 hour ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

id like a range buff on the frog. its like an fbw and .45 put together

Qgl3Q2K.gif

I like the idea, but I have like the sensation if they just add  something like +10/15m (the actual range for damage drop off is 10m) it will be a little OP.. but in my weak opinion It will be widely more competitive or meta if it's range is 13/15 m...

If u want use a secondary that is something close to OVERPOWERED from 0-7m, this BEAST has never let me disappointed  😍  https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Pistol_NFA9_PR1/

Edited by PingOVER9000

Sign in to follow this