Sign in to follow this  

So Im delivering cars and Ive seen 4 Trainees, 4 Green low ranks, and noone else; This is why people quit APB as soon as they start

They get put into silver lobbies and get destroyed by de rankers and old time vet players and get pub stomped to hell and back multiple times and hate the game lmao.

5 minutes ago, greenfield said:

Delivering stuff is just a waste of time to begin with. 

Its an achievement.

• Thanks 1

Nooblets need a safe-space or a matchmaking bubble to protect them against this. Or even an training area to just fight against bots until they skilled enough to at least know what objective markers and tap-firing is. From what I see a lot of new solo players get just as much grief from their own team mates as well as the enemy, so they need to be protected from that at least long enough to get a handle of the game.

7 minutes ago, greenfield said:

Delivering stuff is just a waste of time to begin with. 

let-people-enjoy-things-shhh-24512262.pn

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 2

Dude bots would save APB holy shit

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

jUsT aDd bOtS

For those of you who didn't follow my link or catch the edit waaay down the bottom of it - as much as I'd love for APB to have a Co-OP VS AI Mode like in LoL where I can very slowly grind out experience and never ever have to play against another human being ever again - I don't mean super intelligent AI capable of taking over the globe with a single command line, I mean basic af standing (and sometimes walking) targets no smarter than the current NPC AI we have in game now, with a little mix of the Drug Mule / Easter Egg Hunt AI. Just give them some extra HP and arrange them so a nooblet can plink away and actually learn a thing or two about weapons, objectives, and game play without being cussed out by some fake gold who just wants their gross endorphin fix.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KnifuWaifu said:

For those of you who didn't follow my link or catch the edit waaay down the bottom of it - as much as I'd love for APB to have a Co-OP VS AI Mode like in LoL where I can very slowly grind out experience and never ever have to play against another human being ever again - I don't mean super intelligent AI capable of taking over the globe with a single command line, I mean basic af standing (and sometimes walking) targets no smarter than the current NPC AI we have in game now, with a little mix of the Drug Mule / Easter Egg Hunt AI. Just give them some extra HP and arrange them so a nooblet can plink away and actually learn a thing or two about weapons, objectives, and game play without being cussed out by some fake gold who just wants their gross endorphin fix.

Sorry I wasnt making fun or anything, I just like adding that phrase for the players who have the "Just (insert thing here as if its that easy)" attitude.

"Just update the engine"
"Just let players be shot inside cars"

"Just add horses and a beach district"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry I wasnt making fun or anything, I just like adding that phrase for the players who have the "Just (insert thing here as if its that easy)" attitude.

"Just update the engine"

Shh bby is ok.

I get what you mean, no offence taken. Just wanted to piggy back on your post to further explain mine. 

Always with any of my suggestions is the giant caveat - "WHEN LO HAS THE TIME AFTER ITS DONE EVERYTHING ELSE BUT NOW WOULD BE COOL TOO". 

Edited by KnifuWaifu
<3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

They get put into silver lobbies and get destroyed by de rankers and old time vet players and get pub stomped to hell and back multiple times and hate the game lmao.

As I've suggested in my thread in my signature, I can't see why making people unable to drop colors is a bad thing. This game needs seasonal rankings and actual, tangible rank progression. This whole color sh!t is so stupid. I hate it so much. Even thinking about it irritates me.

If you reach gold, you shouldn't be able to dip below for the rest of the theoretical season and reward people who reach milestones. Exclusive content as incentives would help; even G1C would be nice if LO is lazy (or fatigued from fixing this disaster of a game). I don't want to ramble and it's late where I'm at, so I'll just stop here.

This game sucks for new players and struggling to rank up feels awful and not worth it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EvaPooh said:

As I've suggested in my thread in my signature, I can't see why making people unable to drop colors is a bad thing. This game needs seasonal rankings and actual, tangible rank progression. This whole color sh!t is so stupid. I hate it so much. Even thinking about it irritates me.

If you reach gold, you shouldn't be able to dip below for the rest of the theoretical season and reward people who reach milestones. Exclusive content as incentives would help; even G1C would be nice if LO is lazy (or fatigued from fixing this disaster of a game). I don't want to ramble and it's late where I'm at, so I'll just stop here.

Threat is just a number.

The colors and their divisions are completely arbitrary.

5 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

This game sucks for new players and struggling to rank up feels awful and not worth it.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Threat is just a number.

wasn't what he suggested already mentioned by Little Orbit as a possibility for the future? or was it players who said that?

usually you know so I quoted you plus I agree with you as do many others.

the ones who do not agree seem to only want more ops and don't care about crushing weaker people at all and we get a lower population because of it.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Threat is just a number.

Yes? And WoW arena rating is too, doesn't mean it's not relevant and isn't used for matchmaking purposes. I call them arbitrary and stupid constantly, but missing the point of what I'm saying though.

The colours are not completely arbitrary; there's a hidden rank/MMR underneath that colour that's actually somewhat relevant, but the game displays it in an arbitrary and downright idiotic way. If Gold 5 was, for example, 1,900 Elo/rating then it should be displayed as such and 1,500 (for example) would be the milestone between gold and silver. Once you're above 1,500, you shouldn't be allowed to drop below it to curb dethreating, because it's pathetic how prevalent it is.

Now, obviously Arpad's system isn't ideal and is only a placeholder for argument's sake. While APB does have a victory and defeat screen, it's not entirely a zero-sum game as you can (seemingly) gain MMR from a loss and how well you do affects your overall score. I don't care what system is used or how they implement it, but my original point was to have thresholds that cannot be dipped under after achieving them to curb the blight that is 'dethreating'.

1 hour ago, EvaPooh said:

Yes? And WoW arena rating is too, doesn't mean it's not relevant and isn't used for matchmaking purposes. I call them arbitrary and stupid constantly, but missing the point of what I'm saying though.

The colours are not completely arbitrary; there's a hidden rank/MMR underneath that colour that's actually somewhat relevant, but the game displays it in an arbitrary and downright idiotic way. If Gold 5 was, for example, 1,900 Elo/rating then it should be displayed as such and 1,500 (for example) would be the milestone between gold and silver. Once you're above 1,500, you shouldn't be allowed to drop below it to curb dethreating, because it's pathetic how prevalent it is.

Now, obviously Arpad's system isn't ideal and is only a placeholder for argument's sake. While APB does have a victory and defeat screen, it's not entirely a zero-sum game as you can (seemingly) gain MMR from a loss and how well you do affects your overall score. I don't care what system is used or how they implement it, but my original point was to have thresholds that cannot be dipped under after achieving them to curb the blight that is 'dethreating'.

You don't gain threat when doing poorly.

Threat is aggregated across several matches. When your icon changes color after doing bad, it's because you didn't do "bad enough" to prevent your averaged threat across all those matches to be raised.

It kinda sounds like you don't really understand how APBs threat calculation even works.

Edited by CookiePuss

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You don't gain threat when doing poorly.

Threat is aggregated across several matches. When your icon changes color after doing bad, it's because you didn't do "bad enough" to prevent your averaged threat across all those matches to be raised.

It kinda sounds like you don't really understand how APBs threat calculation even works.

Technically speaking, no one really does. I've seen people lose multiple times and go from Bronze to Silver/Silver to Gold as if they're gaining MMR. I have no idea how it works exactly in APB, all I know is that the system it currently uses is complete garbage, but this doesn't affect what I'm talking about, despite your attempts to focus on it.

Regardless, you're still missing the original point entirely: The game needs thresholds that cannot be dropped below so people can't just throw a dozen games and get back into bronze to torment an aspiring player base and I haven't seen one good reason why this would be a bad idea.

Edited by EvaPooh
  • Like 1

apb needs more pop so new players can vs new players

and accounts that have more than 100hrs in game time should not be able to vs new players

throw all the silvers that plague the bronze servers in with the big boys )

11 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

The best idea I forgot I even liked!

I totally agree that APB needs to get into the Seasonal and Season Pass game - most F2P games are in on it - and I get that APB doesn't have the 2 billion players LoL has, but surely (***CAVEAT - WHEN LO HAS THE TIME AND ALL THE OTHER FEASIBLE/PRIORITY WISHLISTING IS COMPLETE***) LO can come up with Seasonal Gaming at a scale that suits APB's population, budget, and size. 

As far as milestone rewards go these would be so awesome - even those Daily JT tasks we got on ARMAS back back in the day were enough to boost player interaction - and it can be used as a means of controlling behaviour (to an extent). Like want players to play with shotguns for the day/week to get certain shotgun changes data? Put up a Shotgun-only challenge. Want to test explosives - Explosive challenge!

I still think new/tired players need bots or a safety bubble - but if we're playing with Matchmaking and Rank to make it more seasonal, then a safety bubble in matchmaking would suffice.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

"Just update the engine"

I mean... why can’t we have the last option, but with unicorns?

2 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

apb needs more pop so new players can vs new players

and accounts that have more than 100hrs in game time should not be able to vs new players

throw all the silvers that plague the bronze servers in with the big boys )

They would rage quit lol.

On 3/1/2020 at 7:04 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

Why is it when I post the most asinine comments they get upvoted BUT the moment I post anything relative to helping save the game from dying / pointing out the fucking obvious it gets downvoted xd

On 3/2/2020 at 2:04 AM, a Pair of Socks said:

Do you really think LO know how to make a Bot.

3 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

No

4 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

off topic : don't your feet hurt running without shoes ?

on topic : congrats that all had to be a pain with that many chars.

off topic : this is why we need kits and/or clothing bundles available account bound.... omg 17 chars

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

They don't need to make one, there's tons of cheats that do all that, they can just copy paste the code, the only thing that would need to be added is walking around, which we see plenty of.

I'm glad this was finally pointed out by someone. Can't believe it went under the radar for the entire 9 years I've been here !!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this