Sign in to follow this  
Poperon

Pardon me, but i really need to ask this...

It's been some time since my last thread here, lately ive been just roaming the forums in ninja mode, but today i realized something needs to be adressed.

Well, APB will always be fun and catchy (for me), but truth is: it's an old grandpa on steroids by this time. But no matter how much steroids it uses, organs keep aging and start to fail.

But that ain't the critical part, the main thing is: What about consoles? We currently have APB on PS4 and XB1 on steroids too (and with organs failing too), but what will happen when PS5 and XBSX finally go into business, and earlier consoles start to fade away?

As Engine Upgrade progresses, and Dev Team discovers a bunch of newer rabbit holes, unfortunately by the time it gets launched, things will be outdated af. Will you then launch APB on PS5 and XBSX? I could imagine it being launched, but updated to a newer Unreal Engine 4, 4.5 or 5. But yet, that would take a lot more time for the port to be done, and i just see it becoming another loop of waiting.

Hope this thread doesn't get deleted, because it's not a rant or anything, it's just an honest question/doubt from an old player. Been a player since 2011, and i really hope that this game truly gets the spotlights it deserves, but being a functional game (even if it's PUBG level of "functional"), instead of spotlights like "hey, look at that doomed game. someday it will even destroy humanity" or "APB is soviet russia midas touch".

Kind regards to you all !!

• Like 2

I've never personally seen APB as a game that should be on consoles to begin with. The focus should've always been PC until it's so polished that console releases would be a piece of cake but instead we are in this situation now. I think that the game will most definitely need to go Unreal 4+ before it can go to the upcoming console gen, but that's not all doom and gloom. Upgrading to 3.5 is supposedly going to make the upgrade to 4 a lot easier, or so they said 1.5 years ago.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Poperon said:

its not about upgrading the engine in itself , but to upgrade to fix the bugs and main issues that can not be fixed otherwise.

then new content can be added and we can get APB going in the right direction.

I would have to agree with Flaws APB seems more a PC game than anything else and should be focused as such.

1 hour ago, Flaws said:

I've never personally seen APB as a game that should be on consoles to begin with. The focus should've always been PC until it's so polished that console releases would be a piece of cake but instead we are in this situation now.

giphy.gif

Anything is possible 

APB is probably one if the greatest personal customization games I have ever seen. Letting you make whatever you want, that's at least an edge.

Then gamerfirst should of never announced the engine update, that's really hurt this game and that's all everyone ever talks about. If you couldn't deliver withing 5years time dont even mention it.

Edit : Its not LO fault, it's like plumbing your house with lead solder and selling it....

Edited by Fruitini
  • Like 1

Do people not realise that games don't have to always be on the most cutting edge of Game Engines?

On 3/1/2020 at 10:23 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Do people not realise that games don't have to always be on the most cutting edge of Game Engines?

I would agree to this, BDO looks amazing but holy damn is it so grindy couldn't really dive into it. For me the winning ticket is gameplay 

On 3/1/2020 at 9:23 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

As someone who still plays Wolfenstein: Enemy Territories, I agree.

On 3/1/2020 at 6:23 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It's necessary for the changes that APB needs in order to be a game one would want to play in 2020.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this