Jump to content
foscor77

Quick switching pig and stunning

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

a single hit does 95% stamina damage. The limited range doesn't really justify this.

*laughs in strife*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

move pig to cop rank 15 ( gives time to adjust alter when there's time )

if there isn't one then make a secondary close to how pig functions ( but  so it sucks even after pig is adjusted )

less whining moaning and groaning this way

might actually stop this argument from happening anymore

 

* and no I don't want pig to have 11 or 12 shots omg no that was only a joke on that other thread *

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Solamente said:

*laughs in strife*

 

The Strife has plenty of mechanics in place to prevent it from being used in some lame cheesy combination

  • Relies on an X amount of pellets to land to be fully effective
  • Decently long draw animation
  • Decently long refire delay
  • Bolt timer to prevent you from reverse-quickswitching

I guess the only option really to play lame with it is by using percs.

Meanwhile the PIG doesn't have these limitations, and the few it does have are only to a limited extent.

The Strife is much fairer balanced than a PIG. 


Also, since the Strife is a primary you at least have some level of expectation that they might Strife perc.

Any lame combo with a PIG though? No idea of knowing until you actually face it - secondaries aren't displayed on the scoreboard.

 

 

Anything with more damage (either soft or stamina) than the HVR is questionable, but at least the Strife has enough downsides. Most people that own the gun find the gun just clunky for a shotgun and would rather just JG or CSG.

Stabba though? High chance the secondary is a PIG.

 

Whether you find those downsides are true or not on a technical point of view doesn't really matter here. Strife users are far less obnoxious than PIGs.

At least, on EU. If NA is different then that's another reason to avoid that server like the plague.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Haganu said:

The Strife has plenty of mechanics in place to prevent it from being used in some lame cheesy combination

  • Relies on an X amount of pellets to land to be fully effective
  • Decently long draw animation
  • Decently long refire delay
  • Bolt timer to prevent you from reverse-quickswitching

I guess the only option really to play lame with it is by using percs.

Meanwhile the PIG doesn't have these limitations, and the few it does have are only to a limited extent.

The Strife is much fairer balanced than a PIG. 


Also, since the Strife is a primary you at least have some level of expectation that they might Strife perc.

Any lame combo with a PIG though? No idea of knowing until you actually face it - secondaries aren't displayed on the scoreboard.

 

 

Anything with more damage (either soft or stamina) than the HVR is questionable, but at least the Strife has enough downsides. Most people that own the gun find the gun just clunky for a shotgun and would rather just JG or CSG.

Stabba though? High chance the secondary is a PIG.

 

Whether you find those downsides are true or not on a technical point of view doesn't really matter here. Strife users are far less obnoxious than PIGs.

At least, on EU. If NA is different then that's another reason to avoid that server like the plague.

1 » Those pellets deal full damage all the way to 15 meters, a distance the PIG will never even reach. Strife still deals damage beyond 15 meters. Again, a Strifer or any lethal-user losing to a PIG-user is the Criminal's fault/incompetence.

2 » Strife is a main weapon, it should already be drawn before-hand. It is not a finisher-secondary.

3 » That's what makes strife unique. It sacrifices speed for more power. (Fun fact: It deals more stamina damage than percs for whatever reason)

4 » The bolt timer exists because the strife is too powerful.

 

In addition to strife's range, it can also one-shot fragile users. The Strife is the ONLY weapon in APB capable of doing this. Not even HVR is allowed to do this. PIG on the other hand, doesn't 1-shot fragile users..

 

P.S: Gentle reminder that Strife on its own is also faster than PIG + perc as shown previously..

 

It would be nice if people would refrain from comparing apples to oranges.

Edited by Lily Rain
Added P.S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

It would be nice if people would refrain from comparing apples to oranges.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

1 » Those pellets deal full damage all the way to 15 meters, a distance the PIG will never even reach. Strife still deals damage beyond 15 meters. Again, a Strifer or any lethal-user losing to a PIG-user is the Criminal's fault/incompetence.

2 » Strife is a main weapon, it should already be drawn before-hand. It is not a finisher-secondary.

3 » That's what makes strife unique. It sacrifices speed for more power. (Fun fact: It deals more stamina damage than percs for whatever reason)

4 » The bolt timer exists because the strife is too powerful.

 

In addition to strife's range, it can also one-shot fragile users. The Strife is the ONLY weapon in APB capable of doing this. Not even HVR is allowed to do this. PIG on the other hand, doesn't 1-shot fragile users..

 

P.S: Gentle reminder that Strife on its own is also faster than PIG + perc as shown previously..

 

It would be nice if people would refrain from comparing apples to oranges.

strife got nerfed to my knowledge to no longer 1 shot fragile users so...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Haganu said:

It's a bit sad how everyone points towards percs or anything except the PIG while forgetting a single hit does 95% stamina damage. The limited range doesn't really justify this.

PIG perc is one example, but people here forget that CSG + Pig used to be an decent combo as well, mainly because people wouldn't know a CSG user would use a PIG as secondary - they have no idea of seeing this until they face it.

 

The Stabba PIG is probably one of the lowest effort weapons the game has really. You can't go ham fighting 3-4 man in a row with it in a short period of time, but in 1v1s or 2v2s it's really a nobrainer.


People want the HVR's damage lowered, because the HVR's damage is a serious balancing issue (1 shot of most other weapons after it and you're dead, so you're out for 10-16 seconds)? If you get hit by a PIG you barely even stub your toe and you're out for an even longer time.

 

It's a justifiable comparison, too, despite their difference in intended use, due to the issue these 2 weapons share.


Nicely put.

I see Lily Rain still defending his crutch PIG, hilarious 😄 
Last time he was comparing it to scout+fbw 4 SHOT combo, now he's comparing it to STRIFE..... next will be Volcano? 😄 

Quote

 

a Strifer or any lethal-user losing to a PIG-user is the Criminal's fault/incompetence.

PIG on the other hand, doesn't 1-shot fragile users..

P.S: Gentle reminder that Strife on its own is also faster than PIG + perc as shown previously..

It would be nice if people would refrain from comparing apples to oranges.

 

 

Edited by Tigrix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

strife got nerfed to my knowledge to no longer 1 shot fragile users so...

Yes the Strife's damage was nerfed, but the nerf was so small it changes nothing in this regard.

 

Strife's damage was nerfed from 931 to 903, which can still easily 1-shot fragilers:

 

unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

Yes the Strife's damage was nerfed, but the nerf was so small it changes nothing in this regard.

 

Strife's damage was nerfed from 931 to 903, which can still easily 1-shot fragilers:

 

unknown.png

my bad, i thought they put it to 850 or so like they had originally planned or w/e,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 10:49 AM, Fortune Runner said:

have you played enforcer trying to get arrests? its not easy.

each time i get stunned, my suicidal tendencies grow two fold

 

in game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I agree that it's your fault if you get pigged just like it's your fault when you get accidentally 2 pumped by someone strafe aiming you with a JG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, swindIe said:

Yeah I agree that it's your fault if you get pigged just like it's your fault when you get accidentally 2 pumped by someone strafe aiming you with a JG

It's all our faults for playing APB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

each time i get stunned, my suicidal tendencies grow two fold

 

in game

Ive seen a few players who love doing lovers suicides when that happens. car bombs  grenades on cars etc.

other crims are merciful and kill other crims before arrest for a quick respawn.

and thats if the enf team members don't kill the stunned crim before they can be arrested

they might just do it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...