Jump to content
foscor77

Quick switching pig and stunning

Recommended Posts

Why is quick switching disabled for hvr but allowed for stunning via pig? And do you have any idea how extremely easy it is to stun by throwing a percussion after one shot from pig OR a few shot from stabba or that secondary stun pistol?

 

Please apply a time lock or whatever its called that doesnt allow you to quick switch while using hvr on at least PIG. 

 

If not then freaking enable the hvr quick switching too. Why the discrimination? 

Edited by foscor77
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit the pig+Perc is pretty op, but that is the current stun meta it seems lol the enforcers say its balanced.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Nabiki said:

I admit the pig+Perc is pretty op, but that is the current stun meta it seems lol the enforcers say its balanced.

have you played enforcer trying to get arrests? its not easy.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pig definitely needs a nerf and percs shouldn't even be a thing or at least they should deal less damage.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Pig definitely needs a nerf and percs shouldn't even be a thing or at least they should deal less damage.

High risk high reward weapon you miss once and you are dead.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

APB is a game where distance dictates everything. One does not simply compare an ALL-RANGE weapon to a 9 meter weapon.

 

HVR quick-switching worked at almost all ranges, whereas PIG works up to 9 meters only. 10 meters or more, the PIG does absolutely nothing as the shot disappears completely.

 

And PIG is not "quick switching", it is just okay. It has an equip time that is almost twice that of the FBW.. ALL LTL weapons have incredibly high equip times in comparison to their lethal counterparts which is the ultimate disadvantage. There are weapons in the game that can kill the PIGer even before the PIG is ready to fire..

 

If you get stunned, it is your fault, period.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

APB is a game where distance dictates everything. One does not simply compare an ALL-RANGE weapon to a 9 meter weapon.

 

HVR quick-switching worked at almost all ranges, whereas PIG works up to 9 meters only. 10 meters or more, the PIG does absolutely nothing as the shot disappears completely.

 

And PIG is not "quick switching", it is just okay. It has an equip time that is almost twice that of the FBW.. ALL LTL weapons have incredibly high equip times in comparison to their lethal counterparts which is the ultimate disadvantage. There are weapons in the game that can kill the PIGer even before the PIG is ready to fire..

 

If you get stunned, it is your fault, period.

Loud and clear, I put a like for it..

 

Anyway, at the author of the tread I suggest to try usiing a enforcer to reach the 1500 arrests for getting the COP rank in a silver/gold district.... you will "LOVE" your play time 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can't counter the weapon by equipping it yourself (as a criminal) then it is fundamentally unfair, regardless of whether it's just "a little" overpowered or  "extremely" overpowered. 

 

No other secondary comes close to having the same damage per shot so it's easy to see why this is an issue with the PIG in particular. Thus criminals should have access to a reskinned version, perhaps based on concealed illegal stun weapons, as it makes little sense to introduce a secondary with 90%+ health damage. In my opinion fact that it stuns rather than kills keeps it somewhat balanced aside from the fact that only one faction can equip it.

Edited by mojical
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, foscor77 said:

Why is quick switching disabled for hvr but allowed for stunning via pig? And do you have any idea how extremely easy it is to stun by throwing a percussion after one shot from pig OR a few shot from stabba or that secondary stun pistol?

 

Please apply a time lock or whatever its called that doesnt allow you to quick switch while using hvr on at least PIG. 

 

If not then freaking enable the hvr quick switching too. Why the discrimination lol? 

I got bad news for you,

 

This exists,

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_LTL_Tazer_PR1

 

Icon_LTL_Tazer.png+FnMod_Weapon_ThreePointSling1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its like .7 seconds to perc ?

I don't like percs at all, but like a lot of things cqc first to fire often wins. So if you got shotgunned, or SMG'd or LMG'd or Carbined, etc at that range, you'd be dead in .7 anyways, and I kinda always thought that having to complete the arrest is enough of a balance to justify the additional rewards. I never saw the reason LTL should have longer TTS than comparable weapons' TTK.

 

Removing this ability still might be a good idea though, since it seems to be almost universally disliked, and you want players to have as enjoyable experience as possible.

 

(all this is just a personal opinion, and Im highly medicated lately, so if this makes no sense... dont be too hard on me!)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mojical said:

If you can't counter the weapon by equipping it yourself (as a criminal) then it is fundamentally unfair, regardless of whether it's just "a little" overpowered or  "extremely" overpowered. 

 

No other secondary comes close to having the same damage per shot so it's easy to see why this is an issue with the PIG in particular. Thus criminals should have access to a reskinned version, perhaps based on concealed illegal stun weapons, as it makes little sense to introduce a secondary with 90%+ health damage. In my opinion fact that it stuns rather than kills keeps it somewhat balanced aside from the fact that only one faction can equip it.

If anything, LTL weapons deserve a buff, especially in equip times.

 

Your opinion is nicely written but completely off the mark. Lethal weapons are superior to LTL weapons.. Trying to "counter" LTL weapons by equipping the same, which is effectively worse, is not what you should seek as you are ultimately making it worse for you.

 

If you can't beat LTL with lethal weapons, you most certainly won't be able to do so when going LTL yourself through a criminal re-skin.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a general discussion about LTL. It's about the odd one in the group so it's pretty pointless to bring up the general disadvantage of those others.

Pointless derail

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, foscor77 said:

Why is quick switching disabled for hvr but allowed for stunning via pig? And do you have any idea how extremely easy it is to stun by throwing a percussion after one shot from pig OR a few shot from stabba or that secondary stun pistol?

 

Please apply a time lock or whatever its called that doesnt allow you to quick switch while using hvr on at least PIG. 

 

If not then freaking enable the hvr quick switching too. Why the discrimination lol? 

PIG: 10 meter range and has to reload every shot.  So use your pistol and stay at least 11 meters away.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually very surprised they haven't implemented a usuable armor for deffence against the LTL, like the grenade launcher or the pig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

I'm actually very surprised they haven't implemented a usuable armor for deffence against the LTL, like the grenade launcher or the pig

The game originally had a character mod for this, called Energizer.

When all character mods got a rework it was removed, but the stat-bonus moved directly into player-stamina.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

have you played enforcer trying to get arrests? its not easy.

I did back in the day most the stun weapons have no drop off from what I can.  Sure to some people stun arrest are hard, but lets put the pig+perc into the capable hands of a veteran and its near instant stuns you should try being a crim on the receiving end especially if you have frame issues due to the games poor optimization it seems they can blast through any gun you own with exception of ogre or nfas assuming  your frames don't cause your hit registry to fade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

The game originally had a character mod for this, called Energizer.

When all character mods got a rework it was removed, but the stat-bonus moved directly into player-stamina.

Ah so technically we are already wearing the buff and still getting cheesed 

 

Merged.

 

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

have you played enforcer trying to get arrests? its not easy.

But that method isnt easy, what's difficult is the straight ltl or the ltl pistol and even then the shotgun USED to be 2shot stun and that was insane... 

 

The grenade launcher is wild and probably the best method and you deffinatly deserve to use it when you unlock it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, foscor77 said:

Why is quick switching disabled for hvr but allowed for stunning via pig? And do you have any idea how extremely easy it is to stun by throwing a percussion after one shot from pig OR a few shot from stabba or that secondary stun pistol?

 

Please apply a time lock or whatever its called that doesnt allow you to quick switch while using hvr on at least PIG. 

 

If not then freaking enable the hvr quick switching too. Why the discrimination? 

i’m curious why you chose the absolute worst comparison, a primary sniper with essentially no damage dropoff vs a secondary pistol with 10m range - i personally would compare this more to a shotgun/perc combo (especially strife/perc), at least then it’s the same general range

 

imo the issue here is really that percs do stamina damage, not the pig itself

 

 

12 minutes ago, Nabiki said:

I did back in the day most the stun weapons have no drop off from what I can.

i guess you’re technically right, in that almost ltl “bullets” just disappear at a certain range instead of having damage dropoff 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i’m curious why you chose the absolute worst comparison, a primary sniper with essentially no damage dropoff vs a secondary pistol with 10m range - i personally would compare this more to a shotgun/perc combo (especially strife/perc), at least then it’s the same general range

 

imo the issue here is really that percs do stamina damage, not the pig itself

 

 

i guess you’re technically right, in that almost ltl “bullets” just disappear at a certain range instead of having damage dropoff 

Watched a guy stunning with the stun shotgun at 100m explain that? I even got arrested to that once it was like wow.

 

Should note on that occasion I was using the Urses, I barely could damage the guy cause of damage drop off.

Edited by Nabiki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nabiki said:

Watched a guy stunning with the stun shotgun at 100m explain that? I even got arrested to that once it was like wow.

Unreal, man... Unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nabiki said:

Watched a guy stunning with the stun shotgun at 100m explain that?

Literally not possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hexerin said:

Literally not possible.

Tell it to that guy he didn't read your play manual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nabiki said:

Tell it to that guy he didn't read your play manual.

1. Discussion was about pig switching so not sure what other LTL's have to do with this..

2. The NL9 doesn't register beyond 50 m ... might be good to keep that in mind.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet I had one stun me at my maximum Urses range so please explain?  All I am saying is maybe the drop off needs looked at from a realistic view.

Edited by Nabiki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...