foscor77

Quick switching pig and stunning

This thread made me sad.

Like is it so hard to say "oh, in that case it must have been something else" ?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nabiki said:

Lets look at cheating that may be the cause? But wait I forgot the community is quick to dismiss that realm of possibility cause its supposedly impossible under battleeye.

You mention an unpopular idea and people are quick to get on the defense and try to discredit somebody for either trolling means, or simply cause they themselves have something to hide this community has a serious bad habit of this.

Also who can blame anyone for not wanting to admit the Elephant is in the room especially when it can cause population drops that effect potential revenue.

Ah, it's cheating now.

Yes, those darn cheaters.

5 hours ago, Nabiki said:

battleeye

we haven't had battleye in like a year now, what are you talking about

On 2/29/2020 at 5:49 AM, Fortune Runner said:

have you played enforcer trying to get arrests? its not easy.

LTL is easy and its op if you do it right. the nano does insane amount of stun damage also and lets not forget how broken the stun opgl is... although they gave us flak jacket and it works well vs that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

LTL is easy and its op if you do it right. the nano does insane amount of stun damage also and lets not forget how broken the stun opgl is... although they gave us flak jacket and it works well vs that.

ltl is never op, because an ltl player has to perform the equivalent of 2 separate lethal takedowns for every successful ltl arrest

the opgl-cd that requires 2 grenades for a stun compared to the opgl that can one shot doesn't seem broken to me, and i'm pretty sure flak jacket doesn't mitigate any form of stamina damage (edit: i stand corrected, flak does work)

maybe you could make the case that if a full ltl team waited out every stun timer until the last second before arresting that there's a time advantage, but if a team can afford to do that they'd be absolutely crushing their opponents with lethal weapons

Edited by Solamente
edit

11 hours ago, Solamente said:

ltl is never op, because an ltl player has to perform the equivalent of 2 separate lethal takedowns for every successful ltl arrest

the opgl-cd that requires 2 grenades for a stun compared to the opgl that can one shot doesn't seem broken to me, and i'm pretty sure flak jacket doesn't mitigate any form of stamina damage (edit: i stand corrected, flak does work)

maybe you could make the case that if a full ltl team waited out every stun timer until the last second before arresting that there's a time advantage, but if a team can afford to do that they'd be absolutely crushing their opponents with lethal weapons

While technically true the small max damage radius to actually hit that one shot kill isn't a viable scenario to be repeatably executed.

What makes the ltl version comparably stronger is its wider max radius which makes it far easier to hit twice (with enough damage) for a successful stun compared to a 2hit-kill.

Strength in consistency.

As for PIG the arrest is usually guaranteed since it is in such close proximity e.g. a very controlled environment.

And not to forget that CA3 is completely negated too which means LTL is almost always a counter to the current meta.

Just a few points that aren't surface level and often forgotten.

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 12:10 PM, Flaws said:

Pig definitely needs a nerf and percs shouldn't even be a thing or at least they should deal less damage.

Pig is perfectly fine, and the only change percs need is less stamina damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, GhosT said:

JhySUNk.gif

Which just sparked off my new vehicle mod idea for enforcers only. "Flashboom", which switches the "Max Health Damage" and "Max Stamina Damage" values for the vehicle, the mod is mounted upon, so that car explosions can be used to stun crims and advance the Cop role quicker.

Even I cannot comprehend the potential level of butthurt from crims being "Remote Detonated"-stunned and arrested.

Edited by AsgerLund
  • Like 1

To satisfy OP, how many people in here believe the HVR quickswitch nerf was too much?

In other words, how many would be okay with HVR switching slightly faster than it does right now? (It doesn't have to be as fast as it used to be)

7 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

To satisfy OP, how many people in here believe the HVR quickswitch nerf was too much?

In other words, how many would be okay with HVR switching slightly faster than it does right now? (It doesn't have to be as fast as it used to be)

The problem with HVR right now is that it's still just as strong outside of quickswitching, the only real difference is that it's now boring and clunky. If anything I would like to see the change scaling damage with bloom reverted and the damage lowered to 750 so you can't just hit someone once with .45 / FBW and then quickswitch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheJellyGoo said:

While technically true the small max damage radius to actually hit that one shot kill isn't a viable scenario to be repeatably executed.

What makes the ltl version comparably stronger is its wider max radius which makes it far easier to hit twice (with enough damage) for a successful stun compared to a 2hit-kill.

Strength in consistency.

As for PIG the arrest is usually guaranteed since it is in such close proximity e.g. a very controlled environment.

And not to forget that CA3 is completely negated too which means LTL is almost always a counter to the current meta.

Just a few points that aren't surface level and often forgotten.

can’t claim to be the biggest owner but i think you’re making opgl OHKs out to be rarer than they are - sure in a face to face fight it’s easy to dodge grenades but that’s not really where the opgl shines anyway 

i do agree that the larger radius of the opgl-cd makes it easier to play like a stereotypical opgl quickswitcher but then your choice of viable secondary weapons is very limited vs

24 minutes ago, shft said:

The problem with HVR right now is that it's still just as strong outside of quickswitching, the only real difference is that it's now boring and clunky. If anything I would like to see the change scaling damage with bloom reverted and the damage lowered to 750 so you can't just hit someone once with .45 / FBW and then quickswitch.

Agreed, that would be nice to see. Damage scaling with bloom should go away. It is simply not the way to go.

Damage nerf is interesting and will indeed make HVR-FBW less cheap. I am generally against damage nerfs because it will make APB even more tanky than it already is. The game will be skewed further towards teaming-up to get kills and makes 1v2+ encounters more difficult. When it comes to snipers, damage nerf won't give new-comers a better impression as too many people are fond of sniping. A game where head-shots do not exist and snipers requiring at least 2 shots to kill is already unattractive for that audience. Requiring the FBW an additional shot to kill would make that impression even worse.

But specifically for this case, my worries do not fully apply. Considering that the FBW needs 0.2 seconds to fire again, the 2nd shot should come faster than waiting for the HVR-bloom to stabilize to deal good damage. I feel your solution would overall yield for faster game-play that makes more sense. I definitely support it.

4 hours ago, GhosT said:

Simple yet effective solution.
Consider me in favor of this option.

• Thanks 1

10 shots from a pig and if any of those miss you're dead.

with how fast ammo goes and how hard it is to aim while not being killed cqc , as well as trying to arrest and not die , one would wonder if  pig needs 11 or 12 shots instead of 10.

thoughts?

Edit : for the reactions and such can you guys give some input please ?

I'm only asking a question for people who asked before  but I don't see it on the forums.  ( it was on the old forums I guess )

I personally have no opinion one way or another but I do remember this was asked ages ago.

Edited by Fortune Runner

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

10 shots from a pig and if any of those miss you're dead.

with how fast ammo goes and how hard it is to aim while not being killed cqc , as well as trying to arrest and not die , one would wonder if  pig needs 11 or 12 shots instead of 10.

thoughts?

...what a minute

YzjGw3K.gif

17 hours ago, Solamente said:

i do agree that the larger radius of the opgl-cd makes it easier to play like a stereotypical opgl quickswitcher but then your choice of viable secondary weapons is very limited vs

for a player that seem to be an old player and knows what hes talking about... how can you not know that stun opgl + nano is the setup for instant stuns?

2 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

for a player that seem to be an old player and knows what hes talking about... how can you not know that stun opgl + nano is the setup for instant stuns?

how many players actually own a nano to begin with because  if its not many than that's not really that relevant anyways from lack of possibility.

7 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

having a single option for a secondary weapon unless you want to forgo lethal altogether is exactly what i was talking about, so thank you for agreeing with me i guess

i’m well aware that the nano pairs well with ltl primaries but i still don’t find it a very good weapon, annoying equip time and poor accuracy make it feel clunky at best

On 2/29/2020 at 12:18 PM, Nabiki said:

Watched a guy stunning with the stun shotgun at 100m explain that? I even got arrested to that once it was like wow.

Should note on that occasion I was using the Urses, I barely could damage the guy cause of damage drop off.

Maybe 30 meters? I highly doubt he was 100m away.

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

...what a minute

YzjGw3K.gif

I think he meant 1 shot.

48 minutes ago, Nivo said:

Maybe 30 meters? I highly doubt he was 100m away.

I think he meant 1 shot.

at 100m it would take like 17seconds to get to the stunned player

On 2/29/2020 at 12:18 PM, Nabiki said:

Watched a guy stunning with the stun shotgun at 100m explain that? I even got arrested to that once it was like wow.

Should note on that occasion I was using the Urses, I barely could damage the guy cause of damage drop off.

the NL9 shots disappear after 50 meters, therefore you are full of shit and this is a lie.

• Thanks 1

As long as crims can't equip the same loadout to counter/return the favor, it's unfair.

You can't give 1 faction some PVE stuff and the other faction PVP stuff, it's obviously stupid and has always been a flaw in APB.

Give crims the pigga also and allow them to stun cops, why not? surely it's part of the theme of the game... crims robbing people, why can't they stun them and give them a good ol' back-of-the-head execution?

Either fix the pigga gun, or make it available to both factions - guns should not be restricted by which faction you play, simple.

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

As long as crims can't equip the same loadout to counter/return the favor, it's unfair.

You can't give 1 faction some PVE stuff and the other faction PVP stuff, it's obviously stupid and has always been a flaw in APB.

If you want the game to be fair for both factions, join the #BuffLTL train.

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

Give crims the pigga also and allow them to stun cops, why not? surely it's part of the theme of the game... crims robbing people, why can't they stun them and give them a good ol' back-of-the-head execution?

Currently not possible. All LTL weapons in the game 1-shot civilians. They will die and won't be executable/muggable.

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

Either fix the pigga gun, or make it available to both factions - guns should not be restricted by which faction you play, simple.

If it gets fixed it will be even stronger, something less than lethal weapons deserve. These weapons were nerfed through the ground and right now, only worthy few can ever utilize them in a competitive environment.

Lethal weapons are the counter and criminals have a dozen that completely smoke LTL weapons at their disposal.

51 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

If you want the game to be fair for both factions, join the #BuffLTL train.

Currently not possible. All LTL weapons in the game 1-shot civilians. They will die and won't be executable/muggable.

If it gets fixed it will be even stronger, something less than lethal weapons deserve. These weapons were nerfed through the ground and right now, only worthy few can ever utilize them in a competitive environment.

Lethal weapons are the counter and criminals have a dozen that completely smoke LTL weapons at their disposal.

1) How would buffing a FACTION locked weapon ever be considered FAIR ? lol, are you high? o.O

2) I was referring to PVP dude, not PVE. Stunning cops and executing them seems fair and seems like a thing criminals would do from time to time yes.

3) If it gets fixed, it won't 1-shot stun after 1 perc. It'll either need to minimum 2-shot, or change percs stamina drain.

4) Lethal weapons are the counter ... to what? LOL .. to what? .. you forgot adding that crucial part 😃  ""Criminals have a dozen that completely soke LTL weapons"" .... ehhh again, what?
Which faction-locked weapons do crims have that cops cannot use/does not have equally? .... which game are you playing, is it even APB? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

1) How would buffing a FACTION locked weapon ever be considered FAIR ? lol, are you high? o.O

That is my line. Thinking LTL needs to be "countered" means you don't know weapon stats to begin with. Anyone who thinks LTL is overpowered instantly becomes a joke in this community.

21 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

2) I was referring to PVP dude, not PVE. Stunning cops and executing them seems fair and seems like a thing criminals would do from time to time yes.

You have specifically said "people" and "mugging"... Enforcers can NOT be mugged. You were clearly speaking for Civilians. And even without these clues, you have said "crims robbing people, why can't they stun them"... Basic English says you were in fact speaking about civilians.

Entertaining your idea against Enforcers, there is no merit nor functionality to support "executing enforcers" as killing enforcers with lethal weapons is ALREADY executing them...... (it is very clear who is high here).

23 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

3) If it gets fixed, it won't 1-shot stun after 1 perc. It'll either need to minimum 2-shot, or change percs stamina drain.

A LOT of weapons can finish the job with 1 click after a perc..

Using your own logic, we should also 'fix' jg, strife, HVR, and many other weapons in such a way they won't be able to kill after a perc...

The REAL answer is if it gets fixed, it will be faster to equip and faster to reload.

And fun fact for you, PIG used to be a 1-shot stunner when APB was new..

26 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

4) Lethal weapons are the counter ... to what? LOL .. to what? .. you forgot adding that crucial part 😃  ""Criminals have a dozen that completely soke LTL weapons"" .... ehhh again, what?

Which faction-locked weapons do crims have that cops cannot use/does not have equally? .... which game are you playing, is it even APB? 

I have already said: "Lethal weapons are the counter"

Using basic English, lethal weapons are the counter YOU are asking for.. the counter to LTL weapons. The crucial part is that you are not doing your English home works.

Before you continue to imply that LTL is overpowered and can never be countered, use this website to educate yourself about weapons and learn how to read and compare stats: https://apbdb.com/

As you are currently, you don't even come close in knowledge to objectively discuss weapon balancing.

• Thanks 1