Officer_Foxtail

LAPD Squad (Police RP Clan)

@FirstCommander - All good on our end mate. With things somewhat returning to a first level of normality, people are starting to be busy with RL and work again (so people are not online as much anymore). Still we had a nice little patrol just yesterday evening with Fox. I also will put up a reminder in our daily announcements today, as I noticed that some of our members seem to have suddenly forgotten, that they are supposed to use at least one LTL weapon and arrest criminals.

Anyway, the biggest problem with the game currently seems to be that the APB servers are pretty much packed and maxed out these days (probably the result of a mixture between the global crisis and the announcement regarding the engine update) so the game runs somewhat unstable and lag is common place (at least on my end). Whats more the amount of "golds" and "dethreaters" is starting to be staggering again in bronze districts and players there are getting shot to pieces again and again and again. I wish they would rather do something about matchmaking instead of any engine upgrade, since being matched against golds and dethreaters makes for a horrible game play experience and is driving away new players quicker than anything.

Hope to catch you in game soon - until then stay safe and take care mate!

Hey! Do you play on the US servers? Are EU people open to join, or will the ping be too bad, you think? I'm interested in getting into the game again after YEARS of not playing.

@Lebowi - Hey there, thanks for posting and welcome back to the game! Sorry that the reply took some time, but most of us are, once again, back to a level of normality and busy with RL and work. In any case to answer your question: We only play on the EU server (Citadel), as for the ping and play-ability for US players - well, it might be best to just give it a try and see if it works on your end.

Was fun patrolling the streets yesterday with you and Fox, even more so as the entire get together was completely unplanned... *lol* ...we definitely have to do this a bit more often again (as time and circumstances allow).

that moment i did read " we use old text messages and not voice chat " then i would probably guess this RP thing aint that great lol 

voice are a must when it comes to RP 

@FirstCommander: Very nice job on recreating that Douane van, FirstCommander! I am sure it will serve us well in bringing all the seized loot safely to the evidence vault.

@Mehdiitrickz: To the contrary, RP does work very well the way we do it and this way - as an additional perk - we  do not have to endure any of those players who love to squeal their lungs out during gameplay

Edited by StevenDeckard

On 7/12/2020 at 1:11 PM, StevenDeckard said:

@Mehdiitrickz: To the contrary, RP does work very well the way we do it and this way - as an additional perk - we  do not have to endure any of those players who love to squeal their lungs out during gameplay

well since you put it that way, i would like to try this one out, want to test out or join the clan as i'm a returning player from many years ago 

ingame name : MehdiDesu

Edited by Mehdiitrickz

@FirstCommander: Ha, very well done on the Douane van, mate! Such a shame that I have no space for anything any more on either character. Also good job on the recruitment front! Looking forward to play with the new rookies.

@Mehdiitrickz: Hope you will enjoy patrolling the city with us, and see that RP does indeed work the "old school way". I should add that the way we do RP is certainly not for everyone, which is totally OK.

• Like 1

Surprisingly, there was a lot of open world crime going on yesterday evening, which made the latest patrol with Officer FirstCommander, Officer Foxtail, LAPDSquad-Rookie JustinSider and myself quite an adventure. For example: We had a nice hot pursuit after a break-in, ending in a truly epic shootout - leading to the violent death of quite a few of our officers - with two very determined criminals. Which, despite the losses on our end, was loads of fun.

• Like 1

Out on patrol:

cop-cam-POST-1.png

(Btw. there is nothing wrong with your eyes, the game unfortunately looks this "low-res" way on my end)

Edited by Officer_Foxtail
  • Like 2

@FirstCommander: Nice job, might not be original for the customs branch but sure looks hardcore - in fact it reminds me of the Belgian tactical police units (Directie van de speciale eenheden / Direction des unités spéciales / Direktion der Sondereinheiten) or the French BRI  (Brigade de recherche et d'intervention) guys, which where prominently featured on the international news during the 2015 terrorist attacks.

Thanks for posting the video as well - was fun watching you on patrol and chasing down those criminals.

Edited by StevenDeckard
  • Like 2