Sakebee

Region Patch Announcement

1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

Then on top of it, the 40/40 player population means I will be fighting the same team every mission due to how matchmaking works. Dethreaters and trolls, who refuse to play the missions, have still not been dealt with. The odds now go even lower that I will get a mission that I gain a reasonable amount of standing in, if I gain any standing at all.

De-threat and trolling missions that is something LO really should nip in the butt once and for all.

13 hours ago, Nabiki said:

De-threat and trolling missions that is something LO really should nip in the butt once and for all.

They've already stated they won't be doing anything about such things until after both phasing and the updated matchmaking are implemented (both of which require the engine upgrade first). This is reinforced by the simple fact that the ingame /report feature doesn't actually do anything, and manual reports via support (even with extensive screenshot and/or video proof) are ignored.

Just now, Hexerin said:

This is reinforced by the simple fact that the ingame /report feature doesn't actually do anything, and manual reports via support (even with extensive screenshot and/or video proof) are ignored.

Why are you like this?

At least add a disclaimer that you don't actually know what you are talking about.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

They've already stated they won't be doing anything about such things until after both phasing and the updated matchmaking are implemented (both of which require the engine upgrade first). This is reinforced by the simple fact that the ingame /report feature doesn't actually do anything, and manual reports via support (even with extensive screenshot and/or video proof) are ignored.

Perhaps, but here is a question if a player ends up in a stacked odds match against full Gold's is unable to kill due to skill level gap should he or she be forced to be farmed by the enemy team? I sometimes have people that afk because of that I don't really mind it its understandable from my end.

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

we’ve already had some very public bans for both dethreating and griefing, so idk what you’re on about 

5 hours ago, Nabiki said:

Perhaps, but here is a question if a player ends up in a stacked odds match against full Gold's is unable to kill due to skill level gap should he or she be forced to be farmed by the enemy team? I sometimes have people that afk because of that I don't really mind it its understandable from my end.

I think for threat to be accurate, everyone should try to the end of every mission.

Being nice to bad players artificially inflates their threat and lowers the good players.

Same goes for afk ... Getting stomped would accurately adjust your threat. Quitting artificially makes you look better.

I think that makes sense.

Edited by CookiePuss

5 hours ago, Solamente said:

we’ve already had some very public bans for both dethreating and griefing, so idk what you’re on about 

[Citation Needed]

On 2/25/2020 at 7:24 PM, KnifuWaifu said:

LO: 

Reduces amount of Districts for NA and turns off Threat Segregation.

Forums:

"WAAAAAAAH LO YOU RUINED THE GAME I DON'T WANNA PLAY AGAINST [Insert pet hate]!! THERE'S NOWHERE FOR ME TO PLAY!!"

LO: 

Expands amount of Districts for NA and turns on Threat Segregation.

Forums:

"WAAAAAAAH LO YOU RUINED THE GAME I DON'T WANNA PLAY AGAINST [Insert pet hate]!! THERE'S NOWHERE FOR ME TO PLAY!!"

There were a few of us who understood that the lack of segregation on NA was a good thing.  But a few were completely against it because they had to play against golds... which I guess they didn't think was a problem before (no, it was just a bunch of silvers who enjoyed going to the bronze server to pound on low skilled targets).

On 2/28/2020 at 7:42 PM, Nabiki said:

phasing , matchmaking , and threat being reworked are to address this.

22 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Why are you like this?

At least add a disclaimer that you don't actually know what you are talking about.

I'm convinced they do that intentionally so that those who detrheat will not get reported.

Especially for those who are blatant dethreaters who openly admit to it.

13 hours ago, Hexerin said:

[Citation Needed]

EVERY LAST THREAD FROM PEOPLE WHO WERE BANNED.... DUH

46 minutes ago, illgot said:

There were a few of us who understood that the lack of segregation on NA was a good thing.  But a few were completely against it because they had to play against golds... which I guess they didn't think was a problem before (no, it was just a bunch of silvers who enjoyed going to the bronze server to pound on low skilled targets).

it is one thing for someone who is borderline to play against someone a little weaker , but it is a whole different story to get an end boss as soon as you start playing.

that is why it was a problem like that. there was no fair matchmaking at all. losing half of what players we had should be proof enough.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

I'm convinced they do that intentionally so that those who detrheat will not get reported.

Especially for those who are blatant dethreaters who openly admit to it.

No no no.... @Hexerin doesn't dethreat, he "purposely manipulates his threat" remember?

Totally different... totally.

16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

No no no.... @Hexerin doesn't dethreat, he "purposely manipulates his threat" remember?

Totally different... totally.

so different that i want to vomit.

never mind.

just did.

21 hours ago, Hexerin said:

[Citation Needed]

griefing ban

dethreating ban

i wouldn't recommend actually watching the video (it's awful), but the point is people are getting banned for dethreating and griefing 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 3:21 AM, Hexerin said:

I know this has already been refuted but I wanted to quickly drop something in.

The GM team (And LO at large) have already stated that they do not publicise punishments. Just because you don't get a response saying "We did X to player Y based on your report" doesn't mean they don't do anything.
See posts above for already linked "I got banned for dethreating" posts.

On 2/25/2020 at 4:00 PM, Farbon Ciber said:

Agreed, in fact with the population this low we may want to return it to just Waterfront and Financial with no silver/bronze and no East/West. 
These can be brought back once population rises.....hopefully

WF, Fin, Asylum and Baylan with bronze and silver dist only. We cant support the test districts and having a green and gold dist thats dead 24/7 doesnt put server resources to good use. Remove these and it will allow for minor segregation within what is currently populated. US East and West were merged years ago due to server pop and by reinstating that with a pop that 3/4 what it was then its nothing more then helping the game to die faster.