Sign in to follow this  
Uke

Here's how to fix ntec.

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of the forums.

~@mayii

CQC weapon accuracy is fine, they have good accuracy and are effective up to 15-20m where they can hit ttk easily. At 20-30m it gets a little more rough but they can still get kills. PMG is accurate and can do better at 20-30m, the S1na and such also. They have only ever been buffed in some form or another except for when they "fixed" the overbuffed the OCA, and made CJ actually have an effect on SMGs, albeit very little.

Shotguns are strong within their respective sub 7-10m niche depending on which, aside from the outsider ones like strife and shredder. Accuracy there is not an issue.

The ntec is the best and most popular weapon because it "was" effective in cqc, mid range, and even to 60-70m where it really should not be because of its accuracy, damage drop, and recovery. Instead of reducing its ranged effectiveness, they went with nerfing its cqc effectiveness (it was likely a choice between nerfing either or, or both). While I don't see it as what was "needed" (I would have prefered a more midrange nerf) the nerf has made cqc weapons, and being in cqc against the ntec much much easier.

When a weapon is too effective, it gets nerfed. If you havn't noticed this cycle the last few years from the C2, ATAC, HVR, and other weapons that deserved some form of nerf, thats on you.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

11 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

CQC weapon accuracy is fine, they have good accuracy and are effective up to 15-20m where they can hit ttk easily. At 20-30m it gets a little more rough but they can still get kills. PMG is accurate and can do better at 20-30m, the S1na and such also. They have only ever been buffed in some form or another except for when they "fixed" the overbuffed the OCA, and made CJ actually have an effect on SMGs, albeit very little.

So apparently it's not obvious why accuracy is important in cqc...

Try overclocking that little brain of yours and maybe you will figure it out, because I'm honestly tired of explaining the most basic shit to morons.

11 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

When a weapon is too effective, it gets nerfed. If you havn't noticed this cycle the last few years from the C2, ATAC, HVR, and other weapons that deserved some form of nerf, thats on you.

This has nothing to do with anything I said.

Edited by Uke

Make this a FPS game and get rid of the floating cross-hairs, like HardCore mode in Battlefield or CoD.

31 minutes ago, maldar said:

Make this a FPS game and get rid of the floating cross-hairs, like HardCore mode in Battlefield or CoD.

Floating cross-hairs?

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Floating cross-hairs?

The ones you see now. HardCore mode doesn't have that player aid. You have either Iron Sights, Optical sight, or a scope, like what you see if you have the High Powered Scope Mod.

9 minutes ago, maldar said:

The ones you see now. HardCore mode doesn't have that player aid. You have either Iron Sights, Optical sight, or a scope, like what you see if you have the High Powered Scope Mod.

And what is the point of making APB first person then?

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

And what is the point of making APB first person then?

To have the aforementioned sights, otherwise the transition from 3rd person to a 1st person perspective would be a bit much each time you sighted down the weapon. I take it that you don't play FPS games or if you do, they are not in HardCore mode.

3 minutes ago, maldar said:

To have the aforementioned sights, otherwise the transition from 3rd person to a 1st person perspective would be a bit much each time you sighted down the weapon. I take it that you don't play FPS games or if you do, they are not in HardCore mode.

I'm asking what is the point of making APB an fps game instead of a tps. What does it add, how does it make the game better.

4 hours ago, maldar said:

How about nooooooooo.