Sign in to follow this  
Ronick

DMR-AV got powercreeped

So I just got back into the game earlier this week, and I'm having a great time. But I couldn't help but notice that the DMR-AV I used to use all the time and loved didn't seem to be doing as well as it used to when it comes to taking out vehicles. That's when I noticed that Steel Plating got a pretty large buff since I last played the game and just about everyone seems to run it.

So obviously this is a problem for the DMR-AV. The primary purpose of this gun is that it's effective at taking out vehicles, hence the AV (anti vehicle) designation. But with everyone running Espacios or Pioneers with Steel Plating 3, the DMR-AV just doesn't have the same punch that it used to. Perhaps give the DMR-AV a unique attribute that allows it to pierce through steel plating and do the same amount of damage as it would otherwise? Or just give it a straight buff to hard damage, though that could potentially make it OP against cars that don't have steel plating.

Either way, a 6% decrease to max speed for a 30% damage resistance buff is a pretty obvious no brainer.

Edited by Ronick
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Steel plating has always been 30%.

Yeah but it never used to be used because the downside was so much more severe.

This rifle was nerfed. This happened during the last major weapon upgrade. Nerf killed this rifle. Now it is useless.

The DMR-AV and steel plating mods are fine. Most likely what happened was they had a player using blowtourch to repair the vehicle faster than you can deal damage.