Farbon Ciber

Feedback on East/West addition

So I thought I would provide my feedback on the new addition of East and West to the districts

it appears that mostly East districts are being used. This puts west coasters at a slight performance disadvantage

also districts have been more laggy than before this change

what is the plan to keep the remaining population around?

waterfront is not even available rather often

sorry, I realize I veered away from feedback but this also needed to be mentioned

welcome to apb in 2020.

enjoy ur stay

there is no plan to keep remaining population around.

Edited by Alani
  • Like 3

You just move to citadel and hoping that the population there doesn't die as well.

Lets face it. There is no way out of this situation unless they merge the servers into one. Thread segregation or not, they can't just pick add more people to the game to make it playable if there aren't any.

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 1

At least West/Central servers were playable for me from Aus. But East kinda kills it.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

I think the addition of East/West options is more for the future than the present.

APB is a money sink right now. Unless the big changes happen the game is likely doomed. So everything is probably geared towards being able to do a sort of relaunch of the game. Current pop probably doesn't matter so much both because its too small to keep the game afloat, and because the game currently is not in a state in which it can attract enough pop to be profitable.

tl;dr keeping 400 players happy is maybe a lower priority than making the game profitable for the future

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

it appears that mostly East districts are being used. This puts west coasters at a slight performance disadvantage

...So what you're saying things are pretty much the same as they were last month, the difference is there are localised instances now.

The new localised instances was the latest move in preparing for the future of APB with phasing being the new way matchmaking is going to be handled. Bare in mind the vision of Little Orbit is to not have coloured threat districts and rather localised districts and the game with match up players by threat automatically.

As for population and waterfront, yeah nothing has changed there in the past 2 years. It may feel diluted with new instances but I believe Little Orbit will be putting out new content and effort in attracting new players after the Engine Upgrade

Previous media and advertising campaigns have given a rather short burst of new players. But because APB is overall does looks old compared to other modern games, and gameplay experience has been a steep learning curve as well as uninviting, not a great number of new players have stayed.

It has been a running chicken and egg debate of whether should effort be focused trying to up the population numbers and the issues surrounding them or fixing APB and finishing the Engine Upgrade.

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I think the addition of East/West options is more for the future than the present.

APB is a money sink right now. Unless the big changes happen the game is likely doomed. So everything is probably geared towards being able to do a sort of relaunch of the game. Current pop probably doesn't matter so much both because its too small to keep the game afloat, and because the game currently is not in a state in which it can attract enough pop to be profitable.

tl;dr keeping 400 players happy is maybe a lower priority than making the game profitable for the future

That does make sense

I like the changes but whats bugging me and well it probably a bug too is that when you select a friend and click on "join district" if gives you a error message saying that the district is not found , you can however manually join them (going to the district list and clicking the one they are in and clicking join)

• Thanks 1

😒

On 2/21/2020 at 7:36 PM, Farbon Ciber said:

So I thought I would provide my feedback on the new addition of East and West

wtf chuck, That is My Feedback

Edited by MACKxBOLAN

On 2/21/2020 at 10:36 PM, Farbon Ciber said:

So I thought I would provide my feedback on the new addition of East and West to the districts

sorry, I realize I veered away from feedback but this also needed to be mentioned

Most ppl dont like WF, its a pop choice that leaves ppl who need contacts there high and dry. You dont have a NA pop left so its whatever dist gets populated is where ppl go wether it be east or west. More segregation was exactly what we needed to make fuller districts no? #sarcasm

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

😒

wtf chuck, That is My Feedback

LOL

24 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Most ppl dont like WF, its a pop choice that leaves ppl who need contacts there high and dry. You dont have a NA pop left so its whatever dist gets populated is where ppl go wether it be east or west. More segregation was exactly what we needed to make fuller districts no? #sarcasm

Been trying to get my nephew to play with three of his friends. Whenever he does play, there is no population so he leaves. But we should just not do anything about it until after the Engine Upgrade #doubledeluxsarcasm

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

then you haven't been on at the right times. I've played in waterfront any time I felt like it this past week.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:37 AM, ShaiShai said:

I like the changes but whats bugging me and well it probably a bug too is that when you select a friend and click on "join district" if gives you a error message saying that the district is not found , you can however manually join them (going to the district list and clicking the one they are in and clicking join)

did you do a bug report yet? they may not know yet.

10 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

did you do a bug report yet? they may not know yet.

this has been a confirmed bug since they revamped the friend and /who systems, they just haven't bothered to fix it

40 minutes ago, Solamente said:

this has been a confirmed bug since they revamped the friend and /who systems, they just haven't bothered to fix it

ok ty.

i wonder if it might be tangled up in a coded mess like some of it was.

1000 bucks down the drain, they destroyed the game. Im not playing on some distant server with just golds, n nobody on the HOme west coast, Gold or otherwise. Who's Blunder was this, n HOw Dare U. 

😡

On 2/24/2020 at 1:23 PM, Fortune Runner said:

then you haven't been on at the right times. I've played in waterfront any time I felt like it this past week.

Thats abit of a change but for a long time it wasnt that way.

I find it interesting that half this thread just vanished overnight.

12 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

thats how it works when a thread get accurate and honest feedback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Hexerin said:

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

thats how it works when a thread get accurate and honest feedback.

Hello,

Just to clarify, the removed posts were derailing the thread as they were off-topic. In no way do we silence feedback as it is extremely important to us.

Thank you.

- Azukii

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Azukii said:

Hello,

Just to clarify, the removed posts were derailing the thread as they were off-topic. In no way do we silence feedback as it is extremely important to us.

Thank you.

- Azukii

that’s exactly what someone silencing feedback would say