ManiVII

Why im in Russian Server?

Why are people on my international server speaking international languages?

Yeah why would any game care about regional servers? 🤣

On 2/22/2020 at 1:15 AM, CookiePuss said:

I only speak English.

There are many many languages used in APB that I cannot understand. So for me, an alphabet I can't read is no different than a language I can't understand.

Not being able to report Cyrillic is, however, a real problem.

Shall be nice if LO give a small aid for eu players learning russian languange and russian learn english language.

I sometimes would like to understand better our "russian brothers", especially with someone in my work/ travel I have some difficulty to understand also if they speak a discreet english... learning something about their languange while playing in game will be nice and proficue from both parts.

In past,  I have to tell thanks to APB and some people I sharpned a lot my espanol and one of friend of mine his german language...

Btw about reporting, I suggest to try like that, when u want to report one player in Cyrillic, you may try pressing tab or summon the score bar, then press to talk/whisper button.

At the chat bar, u will see something like /whisper хороwегоAhя, delete whisper and replace it with  report...have fun 

Bye

7 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Shall be nice if LO give a small aid for eu players learning russian languange and russian learn english language.

I sometimes would like to understand better our "russian brothers", especially with someone in my work/ travel I have some difficulty to understand also if they speak a discreet english... learning something about their languange while playing in game will be nice and proficue from both parts.

In past,  I have to tell thanks to APB and some people I sharpned a lot my espanol and one of friend of mine his german language...

Btw about reporting, I suggest to try like that, when u want to report one player in Cyrillic, you may try pressing tab or summon the score bar, then press to talk/whisper button.

At the chat bar, u will see something like /whisper хороwегоAhя, delete whisper and replace it with  report...have fun 

Bye

That doesn't work.

But thanks.

On 2/22/2020 at 11:52 AM, swindIe said:

imagine getting bothered by some letters in a chat box

people get bothered by losing a pretend gunfight... so yeah, I could see those same types being pissed at something they 100% can't read (someone maybe talking about them without them knowing!!)

I have said it all along, i have no problem with Russians, but they have a problem with me. That problem is, i am not Russian. Language barrier is breaking down the community, which means less players.

1 hour ago, Y2Venom said:

I have said it all along, i have no problem with Russians, but they have a problem with me. That problem is, i am not Russian. Language barrier is breaking down the community, which means less players.

If you see more Russian speech than English that means they are just the dominating part of the community if there are always others who respond to that talk. 

It is not really a problem for them since they are pretty much like at home. 

Giving the game more mainstream appeal is the only way to make English the more preferred language. 

2 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

If you see more Russian speech than English that means they are just the dominating part of the community if there are always others who respond to that talk. 

It is not really a problem for them since they are pretty much like at home. 

Giving the game more mainstream appeal is the only way to make English the more preferred language. 

I actually dont mind seeing the speech but i have no clue what it means. If i see names which a Dutch English, Spanish, Swedish, German, Romanian, Croatian etc... I know what that name is. I can even understand some of the Languages. But Innova imploded on itself, Nekrova imploded on itself. thats 2 out of 3 so far.....

2 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

I actually dont mind seeing the speech but i have no clue what it means. If i see names which a Dutch English, Spanish, Swedish, German, Romanian, Croatian etc... I know what that name is. I can even understand some of the Languages. But Innova imploded on itself, Nekrova imploded on itself. thats 2 out of 3 so far.....

I can partially understand what the Russians are saying so it really goes down to where you are coming from.

At the end of the day, the chat is mostly used for toxicity regardless of language so you probably don't want to read it anyway.

On the plus side, Russian text is easier to distinguish so you can easily skip it when see it in chat.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:25 PM, Fortune Runner said:

its an elder scrolls joke.... oblivion ,  skyrim etc

it means theres a bucket on your head and you cant see and people snuck right by you 😂

On 2/21/2020 at 12:34 PM, Hey! said:

LO can't manage the game and leave it to manage itself.  What then transpires is the most aggressive, most bullying or most tightly knit groups... such as large numbers of xyz nationality, or cheaters, play the game in such a way as to defend themselves against everyone else.  Meaning, if your playing crim, and hackusate a Russian playing enfo op... he tells the Russians on your team and they all start TKing you. OR, his Russian comrades start to ghost outside of the mission ramming your cars repeatedly or blocking your item to force a loss in favor of their friends team.  When this kind of in-group bullying thing goes on... the not in-group players start to fade away.  Larger groups win exclusive rights in the game because they moderate on behalf of their own self-interest, and no outside force makes them play fair.

I just read this and you know I needed that thanks for the awesome post!

On 2/21/2020 at 12:34 PM, Hey! said:

Meaning, if your playing crim, and hackusate a Russian playing enfo op... he tells the Russians on your team and they all start TKing you. OR, his Russian comrades start to ghost outside of the mission ramming your cars repeatedly or blocking your item to force a loss in favor of their friends team.

Sounds like a lesson in why you shouldn't hackusate.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

even if he continues, i don’t really see his point - players behave like this regardless of what language they speak, not because of what language they speak 

2 minutes ago, Solamente said:

even if he continues, i don’t really see his point - players behave like this regardless of what language they speak, not because of what language they speak 

Says you, EU player.

Probs a Russian bot this whole time.

Cant fool me.

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Except for quite a few are blatantly ragebotting... and our options are useless report system in which no staff exists to read... quit out and play something else... or at least hackusate the guy in hopes he turns his settings down.

Can't link it because he has links uknow, let's not fool ourselves but.... absent GMs, absent management and old, easily bypassed anticheat, no one has to record since cheaters record themselves... probably earning more money than Little Orbit.

Snipped directions to cheat ~@mayii

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 6:22 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Why are people on my international server speaking international languages?

International server for europeans. Russians should be put in their own containment server because they stink up every game/server they land in. Just look at dota2. 

3 hours ago, Luminesca said:

International server for europeans. Russians should be put in their own containment server because they stink up every game/server they land in. Just look at dota2. 

Enjoy your 20 player EU server.

3 hours ago, Luminesca said:

Yes. Let's split the player base on an already dead game.

10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yes. Let's split the player base on an already dead game.

Happens in business all the time. If your current clientel are bad for business, make the changes you need and attract new clientel. Empty the glass so you can fill it again. You dont introduce an element that couldnt survive on 2 previous servers. I mean if you open up a restaurant and invite the Mafia, people are not going to want to eat in that restaurant.

4 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

you dont introduce an element that couldnt survive on 2 previous servers

Thats disengenuous.

Innova didn't shut down due to lack of players or profits.

Nekrova died because Innova players ended up waiting months while playing Citadel before their data was merged. By the time Nekrova became a thing, they had already found their home on Citadel.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Thats disengenuous.

Nekrova died because Innova players ended up waiting months while playing Citadel before their data was merged. By the time Nekrova became a thing, they had already found their home on Citadel.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Thats disengenuous.

So innova was a money making business and just shut down for the sake of it ?  Nekrova was dead from the get go.

3 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

So innova was a money making business and just shut down for the sake of it ?

If you want to do the anti-Russian thing, there's your bad guy.

The folks running it were crooks.