ManiVII

Why im in Russian Server?

Everyone speaking russian in social district.  What happened?

I was from Citadel.

Edited by ManiVII

i’m sure the russians wonder why you’re on their server too

• Like 2

giphy.gif

Is not bait, its just a question. What happened? i was offline a bit. (few months, maybe a year, since the new buyer of the game. Lixil and the other guy boss with beard)

1 minute ago, ManiVII said:

Is not bait, its just a question. What happened? i was offline a bit. (few months, maybe a year, since the new buyer of the game. Lixil and the other guy boss with beard)

russians have played APB for years..... please take the bucket off of your head lol

• Like 1

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

russians have played APB for years..... please take the bucket off of your head lol

Hx7X.gif

Pls take off the baseball bat from ur

One thing is find a few players, and other different is the chat be full of russian 24/7

Im not complaining, im not looking for fight. i just did a question.  So gtfo kiddo.

1 minute ago, ManiVII said:

Hx7X.gif

Pls take off the baseball bat from ur

One thing is find a few players, and other different is the chat be full of russian 24/7

Im not complaining, im not looking for fight. i just did a question.  So gtfo kiddo.

its an elder scrolls joke.... oblivion ,  skyrim etc

it means theres a bucket on your head and you cant see and people snuck right by you 😂

They should disable fking cyrillic shit characters
and make chat english only

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

They should disable fking cyrillic shit characters
and make chat english only

You think they can't use english characters to type in russian? You must be new on the internet, buddy.

1 hour ago, ManiVII said:

giphy.gif

LO can't manage the game and leave it to manage itself.  What then transpires is the most aggressive, most bullying or most tightly knit groups... such as large numbers of xyz nationality, or cheaters, play the game in such a way as to defend themselves against everyone else.  Meaning, if your playing crim, and hackusate a Russian playing enfo op... he tells the Russians on your team and they all start TKing you. OR, his Russian comrades start to ghost outside of the mission ramming your cars repeatedly or blocking your item to force a loss in favor of their friends team.  When this kind of in-group bullying thing goes on... the not in-group players start to fade away.  Larger groups win exclusive rights in the game because they moderate on behalf of their own self-interest, and no outside force makes them play fair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ManiVII said:

Everyone speaking russian in social district.  What happened?

I was from Citadel.

The nekrova server was merged with the Citadel server in the second half of 2019, that's probably why it seems there's more Russian in chat now than before. 

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/8220-nekrova-migration-update/ <= This post has most of the info on that merge/migration

Edited by Kevkof
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Im sorry to make everyone sad about what im close to say but.. we've been talking about same things for years, guys.. just stop.

You have the answer, 5/10% english, 90/95% russian.

LO is not going to fix this, or they would alredy do something.

Put a bit of peace inside your heart and turn off completely the chat, invite some friends and play.

Bye.

Edited by AlishaAzure
  • Like 1

There was a russian guy on Citadel that told me that Citadel is a russian server about 2 weeks ago or something. It's just such an overwhelming majority of russians that they think that it is their own server and they write and will continue to write in russian with 0 regards about anyone else, but it is still the European server. Annoying but until the game gets some population, that's what it is.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

The nekrova server was merged with the Citadel server in the second half of 2019, that's probably why it seems there's more Russian in chat now than before. 

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/8220-nekrova-migration-update/ <= This post has most of the info on that merge/migration

Ok, thanks for ur answer. I see. ^^

That Russian server had good deals 😛. A filter for non-English characters would be nice for people who cannot read those, getting merged with non-English characters is kinda weird but maybe it was easier to "merge" the accounts like this.

Edited by Jazeker

I only speak English.

There are many many languages used in APB that I cannot understand. So for me, an alphabet I can't read is no different than a language I can't understand.

Not being able to report Cyrillic is, however, a real problem.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I only speak English.

There are many many languages used in APB that I cannot understand. So for me, an alphabet I can't read is no different than a language I can't understand.

you mean you don't have an obsessive compulsion to read all the shitposting being done in another language?

but that's, actually that's pretty normal

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Solamente said:

you mean you don't have an obsessive compulsion to read all the shitposting being done in another language?

but that's, actually that's pretty normal

man unless I feel like teasing nerds, I dont even leave chat on

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

man unless I feel like teasing nerds, I dont even leave chat on

I'm a masochist, and love the hate filled regards of "gg ez", "git gud"

it brings peace to my soul.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

absolutly true.

as for foreign languages i couldn't care less what they speak because just like anyone else , ill shoot at them regardless when they are ops 😁

to less english people talking in chat and playing the game thats just what it is + server merge

It’s the feature of Russian players to stay in a dead game. For example, 1.6 online consists of only Russians, css has the same problem. Private servers for mw2 are full of Russians as well. 

If you start seeing more and more Russians on the international server, well, rip the game then

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I'll probably make a more in-depth post about this, but there is a way to report players with cyrillic's in their name.

Nearly all categories of the report system have a variant that you can enter directly in the chat.

This is not a full perfect solution by any means, but it's a way to report players who have typed in chat (clicking their name from the full chat) or in your match (the whisper button on the scoreboard).

The commands would be like this:

/report <name> character
/report <name> cheating

All the catergories I was able to find so far are:
car, character, cheating, communicationharrassment, dethreating, griefingharrassment, hatespeech, links, missionblocking, personalinfo, rmt, song, spam, symbol, teamkilling, theme, vehicle

I'll keep the list updated as much as possible.

Edited by Kevkof
  • Thanks 3

Innova, the Russian APB closed. I think they transferred what they could to the EU APB which is where they now play as it is their only option save NA servers (lol).

Merged.

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

I'll probably make a more in-depth post about this, but there is a way to report players with cyrillic's in their name.

Nearly all categories of the report system have a variant that you can enter directly in the chat.

This is not a full perfect solution by any means, but it's a way to report players who have typed in chat (clicking their name from the full chat) or in your match (the whisper button on the scoreboard).

/report <name> character
/report <name> cheating

car, character, cheating, communicationharrassment, dethreating, griefingharrassment, hatespeech, links, missionblocking, personalinfo, rmt, song, spam, symbol, teamkilling, theme, vehicle

I usually /whisper that person then replace /whisper to /report due to some people using I and l to confuse spellings.

58 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

/report <name> character
/report <name> cheating

It makes me wonder is it really hard for them just to program auto fill option inside the report system especially when it is already in the game.

2 hours ago, Kevkof said:

/report <name> character
/report <name> cheating

Hey @Sakebee, I wonder if we could get a pinned message about this?

Might go a long way to ease player frustrations about "the Cyrillic problem".