lvrq

NA threat segregation and dethreating

Real golds have been camping in the silver district since forever!!!! Golds that DO NOT belong in the silver district have been playing there for so long it's hard to remember what it was like before this mess started. This is not LO's fault in any way, shape or form still what we have now is half-assed segregation that isn't valid for a low population; one time the true segregation-button got pressed and the true golds cried such a flood on these very forums that it had to be reverted. MANY manyyyy true golds QUIT the game over having to play in the gold district!!! Which led to the golds that were left having barely any opposition in their gold district. Meanwhile gold-plated silvers became real silvers real quick in the silver district and both bronze and silver district were doing good. No, GOLDS have almost never played in their true district and therefore true silvers like to play in the bronze district. Get your facts straight say it how it is; both are doing the exact same thing!! Pointing at what silvers are doing in the bronze district while golds are doing the exact same thing is so two-faced it's just sad to read this crap again, it comes back each year and again and again, on this very forum. So here we go once more:

"we need segregation".  Ok fine, get out of the silver district as a gold. Come play with me in gold. I'm not talking about gold plated silvers, they will be silver in the silver district once the real golds are gone there. And at the same time we remove the silvers from the bronze district.

>noooo we don't have enough pop for that

TRUE

Finally you finger-pointing never-playing-in-gold-district golds get to the point; the pop is way too low for this half-asses segregation or full segregation to be applied. The MAIN reason silvers play in bronze is because golds play in silver. If you truly wanted segregation you'd be gone from silver and that won't happen and is understandable with this low pop. But don't start pointing fingers at muppets for doing the exact same thing you are doing. No, the only way to fix this with the current pop is either random mm [you'll have crap, normal and good matches] ... or some type of balancing system that can transfers people and / or groups of people towards the district they can have an appropriate fight in. Which sounds amazing but won't be possible without the EU.

It's really sad to read all the crap towards the silvers in bronze while the one time we had true segregation it was the golds who quit in anger.  Let's wonder why.

>ooh i got punished for playing good

No you didn't you got placed where you belong. I was there as well but you still didn't want to play in gold. No you like to shout at silvers for avoiding you in the silver district instead.  Grow the hell up.

Edited by ExpectoPatronum
saving Hermione
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ExpectoPatronum said:

Real golds have been camping in the silver district since forever!!!! Golds that DO NOT belong in the silver district have been playing there for so long it's hard to remember what it was like before this mess started. This is not LO's fault in any way, shape or form still what we have now is half-assed segregation that isn't valid for a low population; one time the true segregation-button got pressed and the true golds cried such a flood on these very forums that it had to be reverted. MANY manyyyy true golds QUIT the game over having to play in the gold district!!! Which led to the golds that were left having barely any opposition in their gold district. Meanwhile gold-plated silvers became real silvers real quick in the silver district and both bronze and silver district were doing good. No, GOLDS have almost never played in their true district and therefore true silvers like to play in the bronze district. Get your facts straight say it how it is; both are doing the exact same thing!! Pointing at what silvers are doing in the bronze district while golds are doing the exact same thing is so two-faced it's just sad to read this crap again, it comes back each year and again and again, on this very forum. So here we go once more:

"we need segregation".  Ok fine, get out of the silver district as a gold. Come play with me in gold. I'm not talking about gold plated silvers, they will be silver in the silver district once the real golds are gone there. And at the same time we remove the silvers from the bronze district.

>noooo we don't have enough pop for that

TRUE

Finally you finger-pointing never-playing-in-gold-district golds get to the point; the pop is way too low for this half-asses segregation or full segregation to be applied. The MAIN reason silvers play in bronze is because golds play in silver. If you truly wanted segregation you'd be gone from silver and that won't happen and is understandable with this low pop. But don't start pointing fingers at muppets for doing the exact same thing you are doing. No, the only way to fix this with the current pop is either random mm [you'll have crap, normal and good matches] ... or some type of balancing system that can transfers people and / or groups of people towards the district they can have an appropriate fight in. Which sounds amazing but won't be possible without the EU.

It's really sad to read all the crap towards the silvers in bronze while the one time we had true segregation it was the golds who quit in anger.  Let's wonder why.

>ooh i got punished for playing good

No you didn't you got placed where you belong. I was there as well but you still didn't want to play in gold. No you like to shout at silvers for avoiding you in the silver district instead.  Grow the hell up.

^^ This man someone get him a Cigar, and a Silver Star!

I wonder sometimes if i would be a good idea to have threat segregated forums.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

LO isnt, the old G1 is responsible for this issue as this started from threat segregation in which golds were forced into gold districts and couldnt play elsewhere. Thats where dethreating started and since then the issue of golds in bronze crushing newbies has been driving new players away. It was years that this was going on under Tiggs and G1 and they didnt do anything about it. LO inherited this problem along with all other problems in the game. While yes this should have been handled already it hasnt been and it prob wont be till after the engine upgrade.

I was there through it all, don't lecture me about it.  Little Orbit has had this game for 2 years and done nothing.  They removed Threat segregation, only to re-implement it in the exact same broken state.  They say they can't do the Unreal engine 4 upgrade.  They say they are working on the Unreal engine 3.5 update but it's hard and taking years longer than anticipated... meanwhile they are working on console versions and RIOT.... but still doing fkall for matchmaking, threat desegregation or implementing even simple fixes like auto-kick once a player achieves gold threat in the bronze district.

A LOT of people played when G1 owned it... and there were problems, an G1 did all kinds of things trying to solve them... moving from STRICT threat districts where golds couldn't play anywhere to the version we have now.  As LO did a mass unbanning... and then brought over Brazilian and Russian servers... and Engine Upgrade didn't happen... the playerbase took a toilet circling nosedive never before seen in APB history... an that's something even worse than Tigg's banning thousands in the name of Fairfight.

I assure you, if "LO" doesn't "HANDLE IT" soon... there won't be a playerbase around for the most unlikely "Engine Upgrade."

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah cos having actual feedback from the playerbase most poorly impacted by a poorly implemented, much exploited threat system is going to REALLY bring about the insight and change required to FIX problems impacting the majority of the playerbase who are hemorrhaging away.

Merged.

In truth, a long time ago threat distinction should have been hidden.  It's done nothing but divisively break apart the playerbase and encourage the kinds of abuses... trash talking, put downs, tking, provoking by tk to give the guy a demerit so he can be kicked from teams... and created a subculture so toxic, it exploits every conceivable thing... from solid gold premades... rolling in bronze threat district hunting op that has no chance... to fools routinely grouping alt cheat accounts... to having "friends" ghost harass the op outside of missions...

That what APB lost, a long time ago was a team that could give a guy a chance... and not be so hard focused on losing threat, and losing face before such a highly prejudicial community... and therefore provoking the kind of silver-bronze-green-trainee stomping tryhardism which played relentlessly, daily, for the express purpose of "destroying" the opposition.  One streamer who I can't name... was openly bragging in district how daily he makes at least 5 players rage quit their mission.  This guy, this gold, this "pro" was playing in bronze threat district.

A long time ago threat should have been hidden, and players judged by their performance.  I'm not saying the worst abuses would magically go away... but maybe the culture of silver bashing and trashing, denigrating and humiliating... what amounts to the MAJORITY of the now gone playerbase... maybe it mattered to intervene and try to fix what was so broken.

• Like 2

it should show your ingame threat level atleast then we can know who to take semi seriously here.

1 hour ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

it should show your ingame threat level atleast then we can know who to take semi seriously here.

You really cant take anything on the forums seriously when you have forum warriors who quit the game yrs ago but lurk on the forums as if they are still active players.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

You really cant take anything on the forums seriously when you have forum warriors who quit the game yrs ago but lurk on the forums as if they are still active players.

Word.

Imagine having thousands and thousands of members on any random social network you want to name but for a game with less than 800 or 600 active players and half of them totally not joining these....

...even worst, imagine having the new management of said game with their staff joining any of these random social networks and giving attention to these players who made them believe they handle a community of thousands and thousands of actual players...

...imagine then giving to some of these players access to administrative tools and some background information of other players...rip.

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

also when we have people who portray themselves as creepo depot fursonas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

Word.

Imagine having thousands and thousands of members on any random social network you want to name but for a game with less than 800 or 600 active players and half of them totally not joining these....

...even worst, imagine having the new management of said game with their staff joining any of these random social networks and giving attention to these players who made them believe they handle a community of thousands and thousands of actual players...

...imagine then giving to some of these players access to administrative tools and some background information of other players...rip.

can you make ur post more simple to read... i didnt understand any of this lol. are u talking about that fake discord that matt scott and other devs joined ? yeah ur right i would never go there cause its all silvers crying about ntec that are dethreating in silver to join bronze. which is why i think they are only focusing on shotgun cause none of these guys can aim and they are crying about getting gunned down past 10m cause they dont use anything but pointman weapons and dont understand what cover is

56 minutes ago, Percocet said:

also when we have people who portray themselves as creepo depot fursonas

hes silver btw so yeah 

Edited by safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs

10 hours ago, Hey! said:

Little Orbit has had this game for 2 years and done nothing

ok I'm calling bs . show your cards

14 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

wym, we could just add your weekly hours played right next to your silver emblem

14 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

can you make ur post more simple to read... i didnt understand any of this lol. are u talking about that fake discord that matt scott and other devs joined ? yeah ur right i would never go there cause its all silvers crying about ntec that are dethreating in silver to join bronze. which is why i think they are only focusing on shotgun cause none of these guys can aim and they are crying about getting gunned down past 10m cause they dont use anything but pointman weapons and dont understand what cover is

hes silver btw so yeah 

Yes, you did understood. lol

16 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

hes silver btw so yeah 

wym, we could just add your weekly hours played right next to your silver emblem

Not sure what threat has anything to do with this however it does prove again the toxicity in this playerbase.

42 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Not sure what threat has anything to do with this however it does prove again the toxicity in this playerbase.

threat has a lot to do with how people perceive what needs to be done

that doesnt make it toxic in itself for stating that.

15 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

threat has a lot to do with how people perceive what needs to be done

that doesnt make it toxic in itself for stating that.

Its not threat but hrs played

so 100 hours in bronze district same as 100 in silver? ha ha nice brain back to the dumb pound l0l

Edited by Percocet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Darkzero3802 it was referencing to both ,and for valid reasons.

I could easily post on why it is valid but it would be off topic so I decline.

as for the thread topic  , it is being planned for the future and since it is a smaller team , it is not easy to do it all at once especially with an outdated engine.

It is understandable how it is being done this way in preparations for a global networking like  most modern games do.

" we do not have the population"  ..... so invite people in here and if you don't , then that's on you.

I already have and some people returned for it.

and here i had a post to make light of the subject to say how useless facts do not equal relevant truth

well whatever ill go with pissing people off then....

2 hours ago, Hey! said:

Note the date of publication: 5/11/2018.  It is now March 6, 2020. That's 2 years bro... shy of 2 months.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/05/11/little-orbit-are-now-in-charge-of-apb-reloaded-and-theyve-got-big-plans/

So what.... your point is they've been here 2 years and that you wanted the easy button?

you gripe and gripe and I do not recall you ever giving them  credit for working hard trying their best on a mess that they were not even told the full truth on.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

and here i had a post to make light of the subject to say how useless facts do not equal relevant truth

So what.... your point is they've been here 2 years and that you wanted the easy button?

you gripe and gripe and I do not recall you ever giving them  credit for working hard trying their best on a mess that they were not even told the full truth on.

trying their hardest only goes so far, especially when they keep making the same mistakes

i don't even agree with most of the things @Hey! has a problem with and yet i do agree about little orbit, they've managed to mess up on basically every front for too long

9 minutes ago, Solamente said:

they've managed to mess up on basically every front for too long

I know they made mistakes (not sure if anyone will deny that) but from everything that went good it looks closer to 50/50 to me

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I know they made mistakes (not sure if anyone will deny that) but from everything that went good it looks closer to 50/50 to me

I see you're still wearing those rose tinted shades, don't take them off you'll get one hell of a shock.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

New events that brought new stuff and players to the game?? Nope

Events executed without bugs and glitches? Nope
Server pop the same or higher? Nope

Griefers dealt with so quality of life is better? Nope
Executed a new game mode and content that brought new players in? Nope

Figured out what works and whats a mistake so mistakes arent repeated? Nope

Idk seems to me like nothing has been checked off the list

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

You deliberately slammed my post about LO owning APB for 2 years as "bs" and demanded proof.  I gave proof and now you post some weaselly reply about me wanting things "easy."  Dude go read LO's earlier posts about how the Engine Upgrade was upcoming SOON... and then faded away into the RIOT fiasco.  2 years is not SOON... and by the looks of the abandoned state of the dying game... doubt we will see anything in 2 more years, except closure.

On 3/6/2020 at 12:59 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

I'd say its a lot of both. I've seen silvers with thousands of hours that are just braindead and feels like they don't know anything about the game they are playing.. and i can say this for a good majority of silvers... not ALL but a huge amount from what I've seen over the years.