lvrq

NA threat segregation and dethreating

8 hours ago, illgot said:

My fix was simple, I don't play.  There are so many games out there and even though I have spent thousands in the cash shop over the years, it means nothing if I can't enjoy playing.  Logging on and seeing a full silver district with no other options to play just irritates me into staying away for days or weeks at a time.

Pretty active on the forums for a game you don't even play.

Edited by CookiePuss

I'm sorry if this has already been said on this thread. I really couldn't bother reading all of it.
Anybody else noticed all the players we lost during those 2-3 months of no segregation we had? From my experience, most of my friends and clanmates quit the game. I knew 14 people and only 2 didn't quit. Out of the 12 that quit, only 1 of them came back. And you can also see this in the numbers. Before those 3 months we could easily reach 250 pop for a few hours, specially on the weekends.
Citadel went from 900 to ~650 peaks but I recognize it's fair to assume that's related to the fact that they didn't have a european server, so the were playing with higher latency than normal.

I agree, our pop is too low to support segregation. But no segregation would not be a good idea either in my opinion. I wish they focused on phasing now. I know they wanted to release the engine upgrade first but at this point the game will be dead by the time it comes out.

Release some changes NOW with UE3, then when 3.5 is finally done you can apply those changes there. I think it's the best thing to do if the goal is to keep this game (at least NA) alive until 3.5

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatro said:

Release some changes NOW with UE3, then when 3.5 is finally done you can apply those changes there. I think it's the best thing to do if the goal is to keep this game (at least NA) alive until 3.5

i think it’s a safe assumption that phasing wouldn’t work as intended on the current engine 

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Pretty active on the forums for a game you don't even play.

I don't start up the forums to find it is at max capacity and sit there trying to log on for 5 minutes spamming the same button over and over then quit in frustration.

Edited by illgot

Just now, illgot said:

I don't log into the forums to find it is at max capacity and sit there trying to log on for 5 minutes spamming the same button over and over then quit in frustration.

why didnt you go in a new district and get more in there?

it picks up when people come on and see more opened up and occupied

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

why didnt you go in a new district and get more in there?

it picks up when people come on and see more opened up and occupied

you serious?  When we have 1 silver at 40/40, then a spattering of bronze districts... there aren't enough people playing NA to have multiple silver districts running.  I could sit there in the empty silver Waterfront for hours and not get more than 5 people on, and most of those will be smash/grab farming or just driving around their Vegas for fun.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, illgot said:

I don't start up the forums to find it is at max capacity and sit there trying to log on for 5 minutes spamming the same button over and over then quit in frustration.

lol... true

Pop is at an all time low we all know that. While LO is not making changes to the game till the new engine we as a community can make changes now and maby that could bring some ppl back.

9 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Pop is at an all time low we all know that. While LO is not making changes to the game till the new engine we as a community can make changes now and maby that could bring some ppl back.

There is no excuse for LO to simply re-implement Threat Segregation and NOT auto-Kick once attaining "gold" play level on Bronze District.  Single-handedly this has devastated the lesser skilled/casual playerbase who quit after being hardcore shut down and unable to achieve anything in missions versus tryhard griefers.  LO single-handedly is RESPONSIBLE for this toilet circling state of the dying game.  And only THEY can implement a working solution to prevent game death via population attrition... but they utter not a peep... because they do not give a crap... or are so utterly clueless.

4 hours ago, illgot said:

you serious?  When we have 1 silver at 40/40, then a spattering of bronze districts... there aren't enough people playing NA to have multiple silver districts running.  I could sit there in the empty silver Waterfront for hours and not get more than 5 people on, and most of those will be smash/grab farming or just driving around their Vegas for fun.

we have had 3 plus social before the segregation broke.

chop chop  get to work 😛

7 hours ago, Hey! said:

There is no excuse for LO to simply re-implement Threat Segregation and NOT auto-Kick once attaining "gold" play level on Bronze District.  Single-handedly this has devastated the lesser skilled/casual playerbase who quit after being hardcore shut down and unable to achieve anything in missions versus tryhard griefers.  LO single-handedly is RESPONSIBLE for this toilet circling state of the dying game.  And only THEY can implement a working solution to prevent game death via population attrition... but they utter not a peep... because they do not give a crap... or are so utterly clueless.

The thing is they are not playing any better than they would in the silver/gold district, they are just playing against people way below their skill level.

If they were kicked out of bronze and into silver, they would only drop back to silver the very next game because that is their real threat level against silvers and golds.  It wouldn't change much considering how low our population is.

4 hours ago, illgot said:

If they were kicked out of bronze and into silver, they would only drop back to silver the very next game because that is their real threat level against silvers and golds.  It wouldn't change much considering how low our population is.

TIL that dethreaters aren't a problem.

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

TIL that dethreaters aren't a problem.

a person who goes gold in the bronze district (because their real threat is silver) but is suddenly kicked when they turn gold will only be in the silver district against other silvers and golds for about one match (as long as it takes to become silver again).  Then they will drop back down to bronze, go gold and repeat.

I do not feel dethreating is the massive issue people think it is.  The NA population is so small that the only stable group of players (threat wise) are the bronze and golds.  Silvers will jump from bronze to gold depending on who they fight.  But since the population is so small you see them constantly going gold in the bronze district, getting stomped in the silver district until they drop back to silver threat, then hit up bronze where they do the stomping.

Some people do intentionally throw games and run straight into gunfire to die and dethreat, but most of what I see are people who are completely out matched, know they have zero chance at winning and just afk until the next match.

Our real problem is the tiny population that NA deals with.  If the population were larger people could get games that were more fair, but that is basically impossible when you have less than 200 people during prime time for mission districts.

Edited by illgot

11 hours ago, illgot said:

I do not feel dethreating is the massive issue people think it is.

i feel like you might be more than a little biased on this issue

3 hours ago, Solamente said:

i feel like you might be more than a little biased on this issue

I am but I still think our lack of population is the larger issue.  With so few people there really isn't a middle ground for real silvers to play in.

I've been stuck as gold since segregation came back.  Just can't seem to bother playing knowing I can't keep going full out without being able to access to the both districts or even the one available due to 40/40

I honestly don't mind threat segregation that is fine, but the dethreating needs to stop.

I am sorry I ended up dethreated a few weeks back some bad luck on my part and friend asks me to play with him or her and well its a total rofl stomp.

Look if you are R195+ and most the time Gold and rofl copter stomping new players you need to take yourself to silver district and get better at your game cause you have no business in Bronze district all you do is chase the new players away from the game in effect killing it.

Also the toxic behavior needs to stop as well, chatting is fine but we need to start being nicer to folks would help in the long run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2020 at 8:47 AM, illgot said:

I do not feel dethreating is the massive issue people think it is.

This is how my normal day in APB looked like when i played solo...
start APB
wait 1 minute for the game to load to the menu
spam 5 minutes to get into the district
ready up
wait 5 to 15 minutes to get a mission with opposition
notice i'm playing solo vs two players because i have a detheater on my team

still played couple minutes but then decided to give up and go afk

ok mission over, wait again 5 to 15 minutes for a new game

missions starts, again 2v2, again a detheater on my team

esc -> exit game GG WP, an hour of my time well spent.

Nothing wrong with dethreating, it must be just in my head

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

This is how my normal day in APB looked like when i played solo...
start APB
wait 1 minute for the game to load to the menu
spam 5 minutes to get into the district
ready up
wait 5 to 15 minutes to get a mission with opposition
notice i'm playing solo vs two players because i have a detheater on my team

still played couple minutes but then decided to give up and go afk

ok mission over, wait again 5 to 15 minutes for a new game

missions starts, again 2v2, again a detheater on my team

esc -> exit game GG WP, an hour of my time well spent.

Nothing wrong with dethreating, it must be just in my head

I run into people just flat out not trying but only a few actual dethreaters.  When a bronze/silver is going 0-15 against a team of golds I completely understand giving up.

Edited by illgot

They need to remove the east/west server split too and go back to central servers. It's 50/50 if there's going to be a server available that I can even connect to without desync issues.

• Like 1

I like how this thread sets once again such a good example of this community. Not specific players but this community as a whole.

Before districts were without threat everyone wanted to have threat segregation removed because it causes issues like people actively dethreating to go into bronze district.

So LO actually did that - not even because people were asking for it but because it seemed like they had no other option, the other half that's perfectly fine with the pitiful state the game is in goes full vocal.

It's not entirely unusual, but for population numbers this small this community is quite divided.

People stomping on new players un punished can be fixed in much better ways than reintroducing the system that caused things to be like this in first place.

They could've made instances for people up to a certain rank or account timer and further leave everything open. People wouldn't need to dethreat then. They just have to take distance from all their posessions to roll some new account.

Just a small idea that has been chewed over a thousand times before LO took over.

Even this wouldn't be perfect, but it holds far more potential than the mess we have now.

Instead, everyone just pulls on the brakes... Go back to the awful state of the game we were in before.

Before anyone mentions it, the Engine Upgrade really is no excuse for lack of creative thinking to solve currently existing issues that might bring the game into a state where the systems everyone puts all their hopes on, god doesn't even know why but phasing I'm talking about you, won't fix any issues.

This game needs a long term vision and I'd be intrigued to see more of what MattScott has in  mind to do with this game, because from what I've read sofar especially after all the progress that has passed it's really insufficient to bring this game back to life.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:53 AM, Cheeseburger! said:

I don't stay on long because I'm tired of playing the same people repeatedly. Waiting for either the Engine Upgrade or Server phasing before coming back.

I don't even log in. I can't be bothered fighting 7k hours+ uber sweatlords. Just forum lurking till something good is out.

On 2/25/2020 at 2:46 PM, Hey! said:

LO isnt, the old G1 is responsible for this issue as this started from threat segregation in which golds were forced into gold districts and couldnt play elsewhere. Thats where dethreating started and since then the issue of golds in bronze crushing newbies has been driving new players away. It was years that this was going on under Tiggs and G1 and they didnt do anything about it. LO inherited this problem along with all other problems in the game. While yes this should have been handled already it hasnt been and it prob wont be till after the engine upgrade.

Without the server segregation on NA, western Pacific players like myself were at an extreme disadvantage. Ping upwards of 300ms with spikes as high as 1080. It was unplayable.

I don't get the assertion that 4Fun=dethreater, either. I've been Bronze average since late 2015, and I still am. Have I been Silver? Sure, for about 2 weeks at a time, maximum. It never lasts and I never modify my play style to either earn or lose that threat rating. I simply don't care about it because being Bronze I can relax and play. If it's Mission  Time, I play as hard as I can no matter what threat I am currently, grouped or not.

I play for fun, not prestige. And when I'm on a West Coast server running 117ms ping I can on occasion pose a threat to Gold players. If I get the drop on them by surprise, that is.

Frankly, if I'm playing missions all I care about is whether or not it was a good mission. Team wins or Opp wins, who cares so long as it was close to call by the end?

I'll never be Gold Threat, though. Not unless every other player suddenly develops Cerebral Palsy...then I might be in with a chance. (Bleak Humor)

Not interested in Stomp or Be Stomped. Not at all.

I play to relax.