lvrq

NA threat segregation and dethreating

Segregating threat on Jericho just doesn't make sense. I understand that it may not always be fair to put the veteran players into the same matchmaking pool as a silver who has only played a week, but it still isnt working on NA. We do not have the population to support it.

cc640330220941ce77108dde0af2cb2e.png

NA peeks at around 200 players on at a time(THIS POPULATION ONLY STAYS ON FOR MAYBE AN HOUR BEFORE IT LOWERS). EU is 600-800 depending on the day of the week.

This is eu right now. 602 players. they can support being segregated.

ece6f0cdc2b90727dedbe39e1dacafc5.png

This is NA. 82. We CANNOT support being segregated.

57f4f3e76af3255ca8b65b5e9fae7cf0.png

When threats were combined into same servers, NA had a waterfront and financial going for most the day at 40-40 or close to it. But now we are back to this cycle of financial for a week and then waterfront for maybe a day... and back to fin (I have only seen 40-40 maybe 3-4 times since we got segregation back). And lets just say you need waterfront and IT FINALLY POPULATES  after like 2 weeks of you waiting.

half your missions are going to look like this.

3402f99a87c5d39f742e6be46d3cfbee.png

(blacked out to avoid name and shame)

Dethreating is back. i played for maybe 13 missions yesterday and i got around 6-7 dethreaters either on my team or the other team (separate missions). Today my first mission was a deathreater.

Just put NA back to unsegregated. Its dying regardless.

*edit*

New players are going to quit regardless.

they go to bronze, dethreaters slam them.

they go into silver, they get farmed by a veteran player.

Edited by vantiks
  • Like 7

what’s the difference between half my missions being against dethreaters and half my missions being against bronzes?

its not like either are fun but at least i can report the dethreaters with segregation, whereas with no segregation they get to face bronzes without having to break the ToS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

what’s the difference between half my missions being against dethreaters and half my missions being against bronzes?

its not like either are fun but at least i can report the dethreaters with segregation, whereas with no segregation they get to face bronzes without having to break the ToS

I cant name one dethreater that got banned for dethreating. And if those scumbag dethreaters are stuck in same district with everyone else, they will get slammed too(which is what they deserve tbh)

Edited by vantiks

Yes. It makes no fucking sense to kill Jericho with 'threat segregation' but its pretty obvious no one actually gives a shit.

Someone made a similar thread before threat segregation and they were attacked by the usual dethreaters because they would get placed against players of their level and then cry because they can't run away and hide in the low level districts and kill off population there.

Most games nowadays don't even have segregated servers for threat skill level, they rely on matchmaking. APB is probably one of the few games that still do the segregation because its a bandaid fix for a shit matchmaking system that no one has bothered to change since forever.

Edited by Alani
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Alani said:

Yes. It makes no fucking sense to kill Jericho with 'threat segregation' but its pretty obvious no one actually gives a shit.

Someone made a similar thread before threat segregation and they were attacked by the usual dethreaters because they would get placed against players of their level and then cry because they can't run away and hide in the low level districts and kill off population there.

Most games nowadays don't even have segregated servers for threat skill level, they rely on matchmaking. APB is probably one of the few games that still do the segregation because its a bandaid fix for a shit matchmaking system that no one has bothered to change since forever.

i barely use the forums but every time i do, i see someone say something along the lines of " i havnt even had the game installed in two years but YOU ARE SO WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU SAID"

• Like 1

Just now, vantiks said:

i barely use the forums but every time i do, i see someone say something along the lines of " i havnt even had the game installed in two years but YOU ARE SO WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU SAID"

yes. lots of those people. i know they play, they pretend they dont. but its obvious they do considering how often they sulk and fuzzy bunny on the forums

2 minutes ago, vantiks said:

I cant name one dethreater that got banned for dethreating. And if those scumbag dethreaters are stuck in same district with everyone else, they will get slammed too(which is what they deserve tbh)

i know of at least one which is better than none i think, not that i really bother to keep track of everyone still on na

not having to risk a ban and still getting to stomp bronzes, even if it’s only every other mission, sounds like dethreater heaven to me

Just now, Solamente said:

i know of at least one which is better than none i think, not that i really bother to keep track of everyone still on na

not having to risk a ban and still getting to stomp bronzes, even if it’s only every other mission, sounds like dethreater heaven to me

im convinced LO doesnt ban anyone for anything so

19 minutes ago, Solamente said:

To report people you actually need, you know, people you can report.

If NA is really as dead as it's shown or if it really is difficult to fill 2 districts, then segregating districts per threat for the sake of being able to differentiate dethreaters from normal people is just silly.

If you can't even fill districts it means you're too late on actioning dethreaters anyways, they already have done their part of the job in killing NA then.

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NA can't have segregation removed, man. Otherwise, 4fun players aka dethreaters will start crying on forums; claiming that they're the 99% of our player base and how they don't wanna play against "tryharders". But one thing is interesting: they can't have fun, unless when stomping new players on bronze district.

I wouldn't try to convince this forums if I were you. x)

Edited by zekter
  • Like 1

I still don't get why people keep taking pre-noon numbers of NA, who the hell is playing Apb in the morning? There's this concept called timezones, I know it's a bit much to grasp but since the Earth is spherical the sun shines at different points of the Earth, thus making it different times of the day to different places on said sphere. Weird I know! Due to this aforementioned knowledge, please stop comparing NA morning numbers to EU evening numbers, thank you for your consideration

Edited by Acornie
I forgot to capitalize the proper noun of 'Earth', silly me.

15 minutes ago, Acornie said:

I still don't get why people keep taking pre-noon numbers of NA, who the hell is playing Apb in the morning? There's this concept called timezones, I know it's a bit much to grasp but since the earth is spherical the sun shines at different points of the earth, thus making it different times of the day to different places on said earth. Weird I know! Due to this aforementioned knowledge, please stop comparing NA morning numbers to EU evening numbers, thank you for your consideration

OP's comparison was wrong indeed, but NA's peak on prime-time is still low when compared to EU. It's not about timezones, it's the fact that when NA hits 200 players at its best time, EU hits 600 and even 700+ sometimes.

FJ1rBnr.png

Edited by zekter
typo

7 minutes ago, zekter said:

OP's comparison was wrong indeed, but NA's peak on prime-time is still low when compared to EU. It's not about timezones, it's the fact that when NA hits 200 players at its best time, EU hits 600 and even 700+ sometimes.

I do understand the actual peak numbers of the two servers, it's been a weird hobby for months to be methodically checking will(dot)io: I just don't get why literally every thread about NA's population always picks a very weak number to give, it's like me sharing this and going 'Look, silly EU, no players. Weak. Haha! Gottem!!" 50a19d1c6d.png

But on the actual topic, I agree with the points @Solamente has already gone over, and I'll even risk making the claim that our population has been greatly hurt by no segregation, we were putting up 250's and even higher on weekends only months ago, now quite rapidly it's dropped to hardly getting above 200... that's almost a 20% decrease in a few months, it's terrible and looks really bleak, I don't think that 'no segregation' is the answer because (imo of course) it will continue the downward spiral

30 minutes ago, Acornie said:

I do understand the actual peak numbers of the two servers, it's been a weird hobby for months to be methodically checking will(dot)io: I just don't get why literally every thread about NA's population always picks a very weak number to give, it's like me sharing this and going 'Look, silly EU, no players. Weak. Haha! Gottem!!" 50a19d1c6d.png

But on the actual topic, I agree with the points @Solamente has already gone over, and I'll even risk making the claim that our population has been greatly hurt by no segregation, we were putting up 250's and even higher on weekends only months ago, now quite rapidly it's dropped to hardly getting above 200... that's almost a 20% decrease in a few months, it's terrible and looks really bleak, I don't think that 'no segregation' is the answer because (imo of course) it will continue the downward spiral

Still, we have less players than EU and that's what OP is trying to say. Is no segregation the answer for our problems? No, but we would have 2 districts with players open for golds, silvers or bronzes, and even 1 full/half-populated in situations where we only have ~80 players online. What could save us or at least manage the lack of players is phasing, but it doesn't seem to be arriving any time soon. If most of you believe that having one server up is the best way to keep the population stable, keep it that way then. 

I believe that a system where segregation is removed on low-pop times would be a great idea. What do you guys think? This could be applied for EU and NA.

Edited by zekter
+info

4 hours ago, vantiks said:

Segregating threat on Jericho just doesn't make sense. I understand that it may not always be fair to put the veteran players into the same matchmaking pool as a silver who has only played a week, but it still isnt working on NA. We do not have the population to support it.

cc640330220941ce77108dde0af2cb2e.png

NA peeks at around 200 players on at a time(THIS POPULATION ONLY STAYS ON FOR MAYBE AN HOUR BEFORE IT LOWERS). EU is 600-800 depending on the day of the week.

This is eu right now. 602 players. they can support being segregated.

ece6f0cdc2b90727dedbe39e1dacafc5.png

This is NA. 82. We CANNOT support being segregated.

57f4f3e76af3255ca8b65b5e9fae7cf0.png

When threats were combined into same servers, NA had a waterfront and financial going for most the day at 40-40 or close to it. But now we are back to this cycle of financial for a week and then waterfront for maybe a day... and back to fin (I have only seen 40-40 maybe 3-4 times since we got segregation back). And lets just say you need waterfront and IT FINALLY POPULATES  after like 2 weeks of you waiting.

half your missions are going to look like this.

3402f99a87c5d39f742e6be46d3cfbee.png

(blacked out to avoid name and shame)

Dethreating is back. i played for maybe 13 missions yesterday and i got around 6-7 dethreaters either on my team or the other team (separate missions). Today my first mission was a deathreater.

Just put NA back to unsegregated. Its dying regardless.

*edit*

New players are going to quit regardless.

they go to bronze, dethreaters slam them.

they go into silver, they get farmed by a veteran player.

that persons threat wont change if they are negative points.    Without context its hard to prove that person was dethreating.  He may have accidentally osmawed his teams car IDK but with negative points it has no effect on threat, same with the teammate with 0 points.  You cant effect your threat with 0 points.  Maybe osmaw was mad other player wasnt playing and took out his anger on him.  

Dethreating isnt "back", it never went away.  Why?  Because of the very reason you mentioned.  Our server population does not support threat segregated districts.  its been literally YEARS since we have had an healthy enough population to segregate districts.    People want to play so they DT to get into the full district.  They need to remove threat completely.  It is completely meaningless as it is so easily manipulated.  

Edited by Shimmer
  • Like 1

This has been brought up many times already and its fallen on deaf ears within LO, and shamed by this same toxic community that says they want it to change yet do everything they can to ensure it doesnt and actions speak louder then words. NA hasnt been able to support segregation for about 3 yrs now and within this time the dethreating issue could have been resolved. Its painfully clear that the report system doesnt work and 99% of the time dethreaters get away with it. Unless there is community policing and GMs watching the servers at all times this issue wont go away.

• Like 2

NA will be the next Han server hahahaha.

LO think of something before NA will die 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Acornie said:

I still don't get why people keep taking pre-noon numbers of NA, who the hell is playing Apb in the morning? There's this concept called timezones, I know it's a bit much to grasp but since the Earth is spherical the sun shines at different points of the Earth, thus making it different times of the day to different places on said sphere. Weird I know! Due to this aforementioned knowledge, please stop comparing NA morning numbers to EU evening numbers, thank you for your consideration

b6dd59e80000fa1f540c7b3f73db5083.png

5pm and hasnt changed much

Edited by vantiks

2 hours ago, Acornie said:

If you look at the website or read the graph you can notice how the graph includes all times. Including days.

not sure what you mean by 'prenoon' numbers. The graph literally says

FEB 14 2200 203

FEB 15 2230 214

FEB 16 2200 215

FEB 17 1830 214

FEB 18 2030 220

FEB 19 2100 216

https://will.io/apb/

just in case u have issue with reading you can read it yourself

ADDENDUM: The graph appears to adjust to what your time is set on your computer, so according to me. The times above are US CENTRAL TIME

Edited by Alani
aaaaaaaaaaa

I don't stay on long because I'm tired of playing the same people repeatedly. Waiting for either the Engine Upgrade or Server phasing before coming back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alani said:

If you look at the website or read the graph you can notice how the graph includes all times. Including days.

not sure what you mean by 'prenoon' numbers. The graph literally says

FEB 14 2200 203

FEB 15 2230 214

FEB 16 2200 215

FEB 17 1830 214

FEB 18 2030 220

FEB 19 2100 216

https://will.io/apb/

Ok.... This is obvious. Nowhere in my statement did I infer I was unaware of what the actual NA population peaks were, I was (rather sarcastically) addressing the OP taking 11am stats and saying "This is NA. 82" because 11am is a very bad time to take a number for either server, and he took the peak numbers of Citadel to compare them to. Literally everyone every. Damn. Time. when taking numbers anyone who makes a thread will take a very weak number for NA and say 'look how bad', my point isn't that their actual point is wrong or right; it's that it is a dishonest way to compare the two servers

Edited by Acornie

look at these people on this thread who ignore that a month ago there was a thread on no segregation and how many would not play from not wanting to stomp bronzes , as well as bronzes who simply got tired of being stomped.

not like we didnt just barely get segregation back or anything for them to come back and play again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Haganu said:

To report people you actually need, you know, people you can report.

If NA is really as dead as it's shown or if it really is difficult to fill 2 districts, then segregating districts per threat for the sake of being able to differentiate dethreaters from normal people is just silly.

If you can't even fill districts it means you're too late on actioning dethreaters anyways, they already have done their part of the job in killing NA then.

so dethreaters killed the server population and the proper response is to reward them?

thats definitely a big brain move, i’ll give you that

4 hours ago, zekter said:

believe that a system where segregation is removed on low-pop times would be a great idea. What do you guys think? This could be applied for EU and NA.

i’ll pass on the feedback loop

Edited by Solamente
merged

If people want desegregation for reasons other than stomping bronzies, they are free to join the rest of us in the silver districts.

• Thanks 2