Donjae

its time for new contact ( not engine update )

4 hours ago, Kevkof said:

These are indeed not fully brand new contacts, but they likely weren't ready yet. Otherwise why would the old team not have taken the 'free money' of releasing them?

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

they were ready during g1 but they didn’t have enough content to fill the level unlocks iirc

GamersFirst absolutely could of made new content for the new contacts but would rather use new content for Armas content like the Juggernaut pack, I think unforuntately though the reason behind it was less about making profits and more about staying financially stable as time went on.

Although how finished in design were the contacts is another issue

4 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

The same reason as now: "focusing" on the engine update?

Are you really that skeptical? Tell me again what rock it was?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In all honesty the main focus on Armas happened after coders / designers leaving for whatever reasons. I'm pretty sure they actually tried to EU, just couldn't pull it off in the end.

(That is, G1, not LO)

Edited by Jazeker

16 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Are you really that skeptical? Tell me again what rock it was?

I have no reason not to be considering it should have been in the game already. 

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

I still feel like car surf should be deleted from the game. It makes using the seats obsolete. 

If I get a teammate with carsurfer I try to immediately abandon mission.

I can't stomach watching people give out free kills like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If I get a teammate with carsurfer I try to immediately abandon mission.

I can't stomach watching people give out free kills like that.

Free kills for who? Also depends who is driving. ;3

8 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Free kills for who? Also depends who is driving. ;3

For whomever gets to spend an entire mission shooting the carsurfer off of my car over and over and over again.

Some new content in form of contacts, new items etc would be nice - However, things takes time, and some things comes before others - I could see why they would do the engine upgrade first, before anything else.  Or probably push it out all together? Like a new version of the game. 

It's the perfect excuse if you think about it, "We'll add new content with the new engine."
But the new engine never comes after years of waiting. So no new content. Let's be honest, at this point, is the new engine even going to change something for the player base? The game is already too old for it to have a big change just by changing how textures/lighting looks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Let's be honest, at this point, is the new engine even going to change something for the player base? The game is already too old for it to have a big change just by changing how textures/lighting looks.

To make the people come, there will be a huge announcement about the game getting updated... to a more than a decade old engine. 

45 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

The game is already too old for it to have a big change just by changing how textures/lighting looks.

the minor graphical changes aren’t the point

2 minutes ago, Solamente said:

the minor graphical changes aren’t the point

Creating additional content will take time too even if the contacts are already done. 

What bothers me is if they will even have money to develop the game any further. With low playerbase, the income probably isn't so great too.

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Creating additional content will take time too even if the contacts are already done. 

What bothers me is if they will even have money to develop the game any further. With low playerbase, the income probably isn't so great too.

APB is not the only thing LO does.

6 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

a large part of the point in upgrading the engine is to enable new content (and any changes in general) to be created and implemented easier

im almost positive i’ve already explained this to you 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

APB is not the only thing LO does.

Sure but income is usually used on the game that produces it.

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

a large part of the point in upgrading the engine is to enable new content (and any changes in general) to be created and implemented easier

im almost positive i’ve already explained this to you 

What I mean is the actual development of those new things. The engine update may make them easier to implement but someone has to actually create that content first. 

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

What I mean is the actual development of those new things. The engine update may make them easier to implement but someone has to actually create that content first. 

8 minutes ago, Solamente said:

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

It still goes down to actually creating it. The engine update will reduce time and probably costs but someone still have to get paid to create that stuff.  

8 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

APB is an investment.

It was losing money when they acquired it.

1 minute ago, HawtGirl said:

It still goes down to actually creating it. The engine update will reduce time and probably costs but someone still have to get paid to create that stuff.  

are you just stating really obvious stuff or am i missing something?

they clearly already have people for new content creation because the new contacts have new content, the engine upgrade should just allow those same people to release new content more often

6 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Considering UE3.0 should be more versatile, it may support additional features that 2.5 can't.

Even if they start creating stuff in advanced for the engine upgrade, they can't try out and test the new content because the engine itself isn't ready to be tested!

A lot of people have speculated and it would not be a great surprise if APB hasn't been making much if any profit since LO took over, but littleOrbit must of known what GamersFirst and APB's financial history before going through with the acquisition.

Again this should not be a shock but actually excepted. How long it goes on for is another thing but again, Little Orbit is a business and should be preemptive.

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

Considering UE3.0 should be more versatile, it may support additional features that 2.5 can't.

APB is currently running on a UE 3.0 beta build, not UE 2.5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2020 at 11:46 AM, VickyFox said:

Even if they start creating stuff in advanced for the engine upgrade, they can't try out and test the new content because the engine itself isn't ready to be tested!

A lot of people have speculated and it would not be a great surprise if APB hasn't been making much if any profit since LO took over, but littleOrbit must of known what GamersFirst and APB's financial history before going through with the acquisition.

Again this should not be a shock but actually excepted. How long it goes on for is another thing but again, Little Orbit is a business and should be preemptive.

They're updating to 3.5, which is the post Gears of War 3 engine from 2013.  Right now we're on some weird very early custom version of 3.0 probably from 2008.

On 2/24/2020 at 3:27 AM, HawtGirl said:

A lot of the time no.

Many companies will use their main products to offset the others that are losing money rather than cutting the loss and funneling to just the producers.

1 hour ago, BrandonBranderson said:

They're updating to 3.5, which is the post Gears of War 3 engine from 2013.  Right now we're on some weird very early custom version of 3.0 probably from 2008.

Earlier than 2008. Around 2006ish if I remember. They had to have Epic come in and do some crazy amounts of work on the engine for RTW.

On 2/22/2020 at 2:28 PM, CookiePuss said:

For whomever gets to spend an entire mission shooting the carsurfer off of my car over and over and over again.

I always drive safe paths where I know enemies wont be with carsurfers unless need be. The worst though are the carsurfers who hold items or hop out window and die with items. *cringes*

On 2/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, swft said:

APB is currently running on a UE 3.0 beta build, not UE 2.5.

14 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Not even full 3.0 as zombie said, it started around 2006/2007, its a mixture of UE 2.5 and 3.0. Furthermore, If you even read the classes inside Engine.u, there are some classes that state on the first lines of them "//copied from UT2004" which is a sequel/expansion of UT2003, that started to be produced in 2002...
So yea, it has pieces of code much older than people think, that's why engine upgrade at this time is mandatory.
And yes, i actually compared those classes with UT2004 ones just to  see if that comment was some sort of inner joke between devs, but it wasn't, those classes are pretty much copy and paste to APB

Edited by eXezon

11 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The worst though are the carsurfers who hold items or hop out window and die with items. *cringes*

Some also seem to think having the mod equips means they CANT ride inside the car.

Like god damn it, read the mission fam and MAYBE get in the car this time, you've been picked off like 4 times now.